Re: Bench rest recommendation for 'small' tables at indoor ranges.

daveindenver wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:01 pm
sikacz wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:17 pm Pictures would help.
The vid (less than an min in) in this link when I sometimes shoot shows the table. They look just like the tables in all 5 of the ranges that I have been at over the last few years.
What link?

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:47 am
daveindenver wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:01 pm
sikacz wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:17 pm Pictures would help.
The vid (less than an min in) in this link when I sometimes shoot shows the table. They look just like the tables in all 5 of the ranges that I have been at over the last few years.
What link?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixVgcMTpHLY
about 15 sec. in. Table is aprox 22" x 30" with a 'U' cutout in front.

daveindenver wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:23 am
sikacz wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:31 pm That range seems more geared to handguns. In that place a small bore shooting with a standing stance would be more appropriate. I’d get a good sling a practice that way instead.
A swing and missed the point. Thanks for playing.
Not really. That top is small and sure you could probably get a system to work on it. My opinion is you’re fighting the nature of a design. I know your point, I read your OP. I think you’re wasting your time. Find another range that’s better suited for benchrest shooting, that one is not or learn to shoot with different techniques. A rifle is a tool that you shoot differently depending on the environment you’re given. If you absolutely want to shoot benchrest in that particular range, you’ve been given a few suggestions. Take one. PS, I wasn’t playing and don’t intend to. Good luck. By the way intros are usually given by newbies, that would be you.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:44 am
daveindenver wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:23 am
sikacz wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:31 pm That range seems more geared to handguns. In that place a small bore shooting with a standing stance would be more appropriate. I’d get a good sling a practice that way instead.
A swing and missed the point. Thanks for playing.
Not really. That top is small and sure you could probably get a system to work on it. My opinion is you’re fighting the nature of a design. I know your point, I read your OP. I think you’re wasting your time. Find another range that’s better suited for benchrest shooting, that one is not or learn to shoot with different techniques. A rifle is a tool that you shoot differently depending on the environment you’re given. If you absolutely want to shoot benchrest in that particular range, you’ve been given a few suggestions. Take one. PS, I wasn’t playing and don’t intend to. Good luck. By the way intros are usually given by newbies, that would be you.
Why are you still talking it you do not have an answer?