Re: House J6 Insurrection Hearings thread

sig230 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:42 am I remember a young loudmouthed wannabe dictator that failed his first coup, was arrested, tried and sent to prison. I think he even wrote a book while incarcerated.
We are so lucky that TOT can't keep a coherent thought thread together for more than 30 seconds. Definitely not long enough to dictate a book much less write one. It would have to be written by a ghostwriter and nobody would want that job because they would never get paid.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Exclusive: Trump’s Team Setting Up Eastman to Take Blame for Jan. 6

With the Justice Department and Jan. 6 committee taking a close look at Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election, he and his cronies could certainly use a fall guy, and it looks like they’ve found their patsy: right-wing lawyer John Eastman.
Trump is also deeply annoyed with Eastman and all the negative “attention” and media coverage that the lawyer’s work has brought Trump and his buddies during the ongoing Jan. 6 hearings on Capitol Hill. He also repeated an excuse he often uses when backed into a corner, as investigators confront him with an associates’ misdeeds: He has privately insisted he “hardly” or “barely” knows Eastman.

Will Eastman take the fall for Trump or turn on him and spill his guts?
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Dumbass. Hat in hand mewing about a pardon, sent by email no less. Characters like this never make it to the last act.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Nobody, least of all Turnip, is considering that it matters less who advised the primary actor to promote insurrection... anyone else can be convicted of co-conspiracy behind the scenes. But the one who goes on stage to tell an angry mob to storm the halls of government bears primary responsibility.

I don’t remember “He told me to do it,” ever working as an excuse, even with Mom.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

What happened to that Georgia poll worker is absolutely infuriating. The most powerful man in the world targeted and attacked an elderly black woman with no power whatsoever. With a few words, he crushed a life.

Those who worship him do so because of this shit, not despite it. Deplorable was the correct word.

He’ll get away with all of it.
Whatever I said above, just pretend I included the obligatory “both sides,” especially if I said something mean about Trump (don’t want to hurt any feelings).

www.schayden.com

Again, a lot of Republicans as witnesses today. Again no smoking gun today, what Democrats need is a recording of Trump buying votes or planning the Jan 6 riots, something showing he was an active participant. Trump talks in BS and generalities, they need to capture him with his hands in the cookie jar.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:49 pm Again, a lot of Republicans as witnesses today. Again no smoking gun today, what Democrats need is a recording of Trump buying votes or planning the Jan 6 riots, something showing he was an active participant. Trump talks in BS and generalities, they need to capture him with his hands in the cookie jar.
Unfortunately that won't happen because TOT wouldn't part with a dollar to buy a vote and he couldn't plan a Sunday picnic much less an event like a riot. He lets the little people do things like that because he is too important to do those things. He is the male version of Leona Helmsley squared.

Here is what is happening on the rabid right: in fighting, fragmentation, and back biting.

https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/4073125/posts

Some of the magats understand, but most don't. November isn't tomorrow. I think enough will understand to influence the elections, and this is why I'm posting this on the J6 Cmte thread.

In other news,
The Justice Department’s investigation of the Jan. 6 attack ratcheted up Wednesday as federal agents dropped subpoenas on people in at least two states, in what appeared to be a widening probe of how political activists supporting President Donald Trump tried to use invalid electors to thwart Joe Biden’s 2020 electoral victory. FBI officials confirmed to The Washington Post that agents conducted court authorized law enforcement activity Wednesday morning at two locations — one the address of Brad Carver, a Georgia lawyer who allegedly signed a document claiming to be a Trump elector, and another the Virginia home of Thomas Lane, who worked on the Trump campaign’s efforts in Arizona and New Mexico.

The FBI officials did not identify the people associated with those addresses, but public records list each of the locations as the home addresses of the men. The precise nature of the information being sought by the Justice Department wasn’t immediately clear; however, Arizona and Georgia officials testified Tuesday to a House panel probing the Jan. 6 attacks about attempts by Trump and his inner circle of advisers to try to reverse Biden’s electoral college victories in those states.

Officials have previously said that the Justice Department and FBI were examining the issue of false electors, who Trump and others hoped might be approved by state legislators in a last-ditch bid to keep Trump in the White House. Until now, however, those investigative efforts seemed to primarily involve talking to people in Republican circles who knew of the scheme and objected; the subpoenas issued Wednesday suggest the Justice Department is now moving to question at least some of those who allegedly agreed to pursue the effort.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... subpoenas/

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

CDFingers wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:34 pm Here is what is happening on the rabid right: in fighting, fragmentation, and back biting.

https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/4073125/posts

Some of the magats understand, but most don't. November isn't tomorrow. I think enough will understand to influence the elections, and this is why I'm posting this on the J6 Cmte thread.

CDFingers
Thats a funny read.
John Adams makes a good point. Trumps a loser like McCain lost so why try a loser.
But he says Biden won. Won by a lot and judges confer. But "they cheated:?
Really how did dems cheat? No one can come up with proof.
You cannot argue with idiots.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Yup, the problem with True Believers is they tend to be confused when Truth is blindingly clear so their minds go into “limp home” mode.

The project outwardly the fear that the world has been fooled and are suckers of some con-artist when they start to harbor suspicions about themselves.

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, who was subpoenaed to testify before the House Jan. 6 committee Tuesday, says he believes the panel is serving a productive purpose — but wishes it were reaching some of the conservative viewers who need to hear it most. "I wish that Fox News would have carried all of it, because I think it would have helped our party heal, given [people] more facts," Raffensperger told Axios in an exclusive interview after his testimony.

"They can hear the information, and they can make their own determination," he said, citing his own campaign against election disinformation during his re-election primary. Gabriel Sterling, the secretary of state's chief operating officer, who was also subpoenaed Tuesday, agreed: "Nearly all the witnesses have been Republicans telling the truth," he told Axios. "But the problem it has now is it is somewhat partisan."
Fox News Channel declined to carry the committee's first prime-time hearing live, instead allowing Tucker Carlson — who has promoted conspiracy theories about the Jan. 6 Capitol attack — to air his show in its usual time slot. FoxNews.com did livestream the hearing. The television network has carried the other three daytime hearings live, with commentators often disparaging the committee as partisan and as failing to break new ground.
https://www.axios.com/2022/06/22/raffen ... y-fox-news
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Whiny orange turd crying about no trumpian representation on J6 panel. All he has to do is sit his flabby fat ass down at their sessions, under oath, and tell them his "truths" under questioning along with all the others he has told to STFU and not testify - it would be over in a matter of weeks. That would be worth paying to see. POS sits in the loser loge section shooting spitballs of lies and bullshit.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Donald Trump’s team was “blindsided” by news that the January 6 Committee has subpoenaed footage from a documentary filmmaker who was following Trump and his inner circle throughout the 2020 presidential campaign and until Joe Biden’s inauguration, Rolling Stone reports.
https://politicalwire.com/2022/06/21/tr ... o-footage/

He thought his coup was going to succeed, so he hired a documentary crew. Can't make this stuff up.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Nixon was almost as stupid and hubristic to record his own conspiring to a crime in the Oval Office. But 45 truly takes the cake!

“Fake movies! Fake video! Who ya gonna believe, me or yo lyin’ eyes?”

They have to get convictions on Clark, Meadows, and Eastman. If they don't get convictions, then the next time the state and federal lackies will be able to act with absolutely no fear of conviction. It means our Republic has an expiration date that's not too far off in the future.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

FrontSight wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:56 pm This just in... Feds raid Jeffery Clark's home...and I also heard the fake electors have now been subpoenaed.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/23/politics ... index.html
Dun-dun-dunnn...

Today’s hearing had witnesses from the DOJ at the time which gave me newfound respect for bureaucrats who take pride in strictly following department policy and avoiding even the appearance of favoritism. The single actor that veered from that culture of professionalism at the DOJ was Jeffery Clark. His weak ego was an easy mark for con artists looking for a tool at the DOJ to just make unverified statements, not really doing any investigations as the DOJ is tasked to perform.

It was not lost on me today that Acting Attorney General Rosen revealed 45 was pressuring to have a statement released by the DOJ that would simply cast doubt on the veracity of the election in GA which he can use to prop up all other kinds of fabrication of election fraud. This is exactly the same gameplay that he (and Oozing Giuliani) used in trying to have similar statements about Hunter Biden investigations released from the government of Ukraine (by holding hostage military aid to the country already approved by Congress) directly pressuring President Zelenskyy to do so, in order to prop up a smear campaign against then Candidate Biden. Again, using the powers of his office and US government corruptly for personal gain for which he was impeached and clearly didn’t learn anything from because he suffered no consequences.
Last edited by Bisbee on Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.