Re: These people seem a little unsettled by LGC

It’s been more my experience that the “real” gun enthusiasts are willing to hear my views, Becuase they know I have a lot of experience of knowing —-what I do know and what I don’t know —-about firearms, hunting and shooting and then don’t dismiss me out of hand.

I have a shooting/hunting buddy who is 180 on almost every other issue than me but he will still Listen to my perspective on a range of issues and agree to disagree. He knows more about NFA and rifles, optics and accuracy and I know more about handloading so we seek out each other’s knowledge…

We had a civil discussion about abortion just 2 weeks ago. Him being a pro-life evangelical & me being a pro-choice “safe legal and rare,” agnostic. He is a POC, so that’s usually where I get him with my “liberal” arguments, Because of all the systemic racism & white supremacy in our institutions.

However, despite what some expect; I can usually hold my own on a theological discussion with “identity religious” Because my Jesuit Catholic university made me take theology courses … & I was raised Episcopal.

The fake “bro vets”, MAGA cult types that own a few guns for identity politics or chest thumpers, internet tough guys, about guns can’t be reasoned with or engage in civil discourse …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll never know why most gun forums have a 'politics' thread. They are just asking for trouble.
The High Road is a bit more civil than most other gun forums. I'm Conelrad over there.
Gunboards can get rough before the mods weigh in, but the amount of good info from some members makes it worth bookmarking.
Specific forums, i.e. HKProshop won't let any lib comments go un-chastised by members.
I'll never go back to most of the AZ forums I've stuck my nose into.

SR
"Oozing charm from every pore, he oiled his way around the floor."

SubRosa wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:08 pm I'll never know why most gun forums have a 'politics' thread. They are just asking for trouble.
The High Road is a bit more civil than most other gun forums. I'm Conelrad over there.
Gunboards can get rough before the mods weigh in, but the amount of good info from some members makes it worth bookmarking.
Specific forums, i.e. HKProshop won't let any lib comments go un-chastised by members.
I'll never go back to most of the AZ forums I've stuck my nose into.

SR
There's AZ gun forums you say? Whoda thought.
----------- Plainsdrifter
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

sikacz wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:16 am Having spent time on “right wing” forums years ago, there are reasons we exist. Among them they couldn’t stand having us around, so here we are.
Yes I'm still banned from several, ones I actually liked because they got tired of me correcting their hypocrisy. It wasn't for cussing or the usual rule breaking, it was just because they cannot stand the truth.
I call it winning.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Years ago I would post on Calguns, but got tired of all the right wingers. I think a lot of them died off or just stopped posting there and it's better moderated now. I've lurked on many boards and a lot have come to the realization that gun owners can't be picky and have to be inclusive to preserve our sport. I remember one conservative board welcoming Pink Pistols members and talked of doing joint shooting events.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I find most RW gun nut owners as obnoxious assholes to be avoided at all cost. RW gun sites make me feel like I need to take a cold shower after visiting to wash away the filth, restore my faith in humanity in an attempt to bleach my mind.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

The only times I go on other gun boards is to get information on a particular gun or an item for a gun upgrade. I stay out of the free for all sections. It makes me shudder that some of these people are allowed to have guns due to the second amendment. With the attitude they show online, I question where some of them should even be allowed to drive a vehicle on public roads.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

sikacz wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:16 am Having spent time on “right wing” forums years ago, there are reasons we exist. Among them they couldn’t stand having us around, so here we are.
Are we talking about the people who think the only handgun is a Glock and the only rifle is a Bushmaster? (despite the fact that lots of other people, good people, own one or the other, or both).

Hell, my Windham AR-10 "Hunter" is made by the same people who made the ORIGINAL "Bushmaster" before they were bought out.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."