Mike Flynn believes he's being 'persecuted' because he’s getting fined by the US Army for being on Russia’s payroll

Former Donald Trump National Security Advisor Michael Flynn on Tuesday complained about the United States Army concluding he violated the Constitution by accepting payment from the Russian government.

"The Army has determined that in December 2015 you failed to obtain the necessary approval in accordance with Army Regulation (AR) 600-29 before accepting compensation from an entity substantially owned or controlled by a foreign government in violation of the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution. Specifically, the Emoluments Clause prohibits the receipt of such compensation unless Congress consents," the Army wrote to Flynn.

The Army is seeking to recoup $38,557.06 from Flynn.

"The Army has determined that you did not obtain the necessary approvals before engaging in employment activities with Russia Today (RT), a foreign government controlled entity. Specifically, between December 10-13, 2015, you traveled to Russia and spoke at a conference hosted by the Russian news agency Russia Today (RT). RT requested your participation, had control over the event, and paid for your roundtrip airfare, hotel accommodations, ground transportation, visa, and a speaker’s fee through Leading Authorities, Inc. (LAI). Between December 10-13, 2015, RT transferred $45,386 to LAI, from which you received $33,750 as compensation for your speaking services. In addition, you received $4,807.06 in in-kind compensation for roundtrip airfare, visa costs, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation to and from the airport in Moscow," the Army explained.

Flynn discussed the situation during an interview on the far-right Real America's Voice network.

Flynn, who was pardoned by Trump, said, "what I believe has occurred is the Department of Defense — underneath this administration, the Biden administration — they completed an investigation and they decided they are going to continue to persecute me by tagging my pay for what they call a violation of something called the Emoluments Clause."

Flynn has repeatedly pushed Trump's "Big Lie" about election fraud in the 2020 election.

"It's just another dig, another means to embarrass, they just want me to shut up," he said. "They're just going to reach into my retirement and take some money out."
https://www.rawstory.com/mike-flynn-2657297298/

Flynn knew what he was suppose to do and was to follow regulations. General officers are not retired, they are placed on an inactive list and are subject to being recalled to active duty as needed.

When my Dad retired from the Air Force as a Regular W-4 Warrant officer he was briefed on what was his retirement regulations. As a regular Warrant he was subject to recall until age 65. He was to maintain a set of uniforms. Due to his security clearance anytime he planned to leave the US and travel to a foreign country he was to notify the DOD and State Dept. for ten years after retirement.

That poor wimpy crybaby. Just like TOT he thinks he is above the law. Personally I would love to se him called back to active duty to be courtmartialed, stripped of rank and benefits, given a dishonorable discharge to Leavenworth Military Prison.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Mike Flynn believes he's being 'persecuted' because he’s getting fined by the US Army for being on Russia’s payroll

Of all of the trump traitors this guy disgusts me the most because he is military and should be drawn and quartered just for the payroll infraction if nothing else.
Flynn is the most outspoken one calling for an outright coup.
I don't trust his brother either.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Re: Mike Flynn believes he's being 'persecuted' because he’s getting fined by the US Army for being on Russia’s payroll

jschmidt wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:37 pm He's a traitor.
Of course he is. The Constitution gives a very specific definition of treason:
Article III, Section 3:
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.
Clearly, despite not actually being in a state of war, Russia has become, again, an enemy of the USA. Flynn has confessed to crimes that indicate Treason.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:33 pm Someone please correct me: Isn't Flynn a retired MARINE general? If so, shouldn't the Corps or the Navy be going after him, rather than the Army?
USArmy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Flynn

Pretty funny that trump the traitor wanted to court marshall Stanley McChrystal and William McRaven over perceived slights and disloyalty and he sings the praises of a true traitor, flynn...speaks volumes about The Orange Turd.

YankeeTarheel wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:33 am
jschmidt wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:37 pm He's a traitor.
Of course he is. The Constitution gives a very specific definition of treason:
Article III, Section 3:
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.
Clearly, despite not actually being in a state of war, Russia has become, again, an enemy of the USA. Flynn has confessed to crimes that indicate Treason.
He couldn't be convicted under today's limited treason law but there is no doubt what he is.

That’s awesome. 5G smartphones will vibrate at a specific frequency to activate and remotely power all Bill Gates’ nano-bots currently floating in the bloodstreams of all the sheeple who took the new vaccine and turn them into, well, real sheep! For wool. So we can finally end our dependency on unpredictable governments of Australia or New Zealand! How can you trust anyone dumb enough to live on the other side of the equator? Their toilet-water even spins backward.

Ok, time for bed.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi