Range Day

Man oh man what a beautiful day at the range.
I forgot how nice the Pima County Southeast Regional Park Range is. And the RSOs are great and friendly.
I really ran the new Max 9 hard and out of 100 shots only one failure to feed. Using a couple different types of ammo. Range officer liked my Magtech ammo.
The wife loves my Max 9, of course. More so than the LCP that I just put a laser on. Have to say she was hitting more in t he black with the 9mm than the .380.
Our friend came as well and she brought her Glocks, a 40 cal and a 9mm. Personally I like my Rugers better. :)
Targets can be had for 25 cents a piece, forgot mine. Cost 8 bucks for a whole day at the range which is going to be expanded. Right now they are putting up lights at the Trap/Skeet range.
There's also Bow an Archery range.
Rifles next.
Last edited by tonguengroover on Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”
Attachments
range day 5.jpg
range day 4.jpg
Range day 2.jpg

Re: Range Day - Ruger Max 9, SP101, LCP 380

How cool...

I would expect she (and you) would shoot the Max 9 better than the .380. More grip to hold onto, better trigger, better sights, less recoil. Max 9 is a nice shooter.

I took my son out this weekend and introduced him to the turkey loads we will be using next fall...He's NOT a fan!!
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

Re: Range Day - Ruger Max 9, SP101, LCP 380

Yeah the Max 9 is gonna be a keeper.
Might end up buying another for the wife.
She's getting better about her love/hate relationship with guns.
Especially since her friend that came is into shooting.
I like the trigger. Don't have the SR9c here to compare it with. But I'm not a trigger aficionado anyways.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Re: Range Day

Another fun day at the range. This time my eldest son come down from Phoenix with his new AR 10 he got from PSA along with my old SR9c.
Dang scope on his rifle wasnt working. Really dissapointing. But thats what you grt for 50 bucks. Lol live n learn.
So after an hour of messing around the hand guns came out. Which was a lot more fun.
Kinda windy today.
The Vaquero .45 LC is a blast!
Attachments
20220904_101923_resized.jpg
20220904_094621_resized.jpg

I love my Vaquero in .45LC. I got the convertible with both cylinders, so I can report that the acp is a little snappier than the LC. I am best with the Vaquero.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Got out today as well. Zeroed my peep sited 10/22 at 25 yards then shot clockwise from upper left bench rest, sitting, kneeling, and offhand. Pretty happy with all that given that I haven't shot the thing in a few years. Does need work though. And looking back from the 200 yard target. Have no idea where I was hitting up there.
20220904_181414.jpg
20220904_181344.jpg

CDFingers wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:17 pm I love my Vaquero in .45LC. I got the convertible with both cylinders, so I can report that the acp is a little snappier than the LC. I am best with the Vaquero.

CDFingers
Dont you know it! I haven't shot a 45 LC since i was 15. OMG
Suprisingly not as much recoil than my SP101 with .357 mags

Now that I’m back living in suburbia, I have to go to the actual range - notice it’s all revolvers and leverguns. (Except the .22 I’m shooting) Luckily, there is a really nice, corporate run range 11 mins away.

The RSO even helped me retrieve my .45 colt brass that the Henry spit - that’s some pricey starline!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of these days I should break out the 10/22 for its yearly outing.

I had a wonderful time week before making the steel gong ring with .45 ACP. Most of my .45 Colt ammo is 230 grain S&B JHPs rated in the mid-800s out of a 4" test barrel, so I wouldn't be surprised if they hit 900fps out of the Blackhawk. They kick more than Browning 230s rated at 920fps out of a 5" and the cylinder adds 1.6".

I'm still not as good as I want to be. I have better groups at 10 yds with my Mark IV than the gent with the Glock and the Officer-sized 1911 in the next stall, but it's a Mark IV. I sure home I would. I like the sound the steel makes whatever I hit it with.

Some of what you see there:
Madsen LMG in 8mm & .303
MG15
Czech VZ23 semi-auto
Beretta M38 SMG
Bolo Mauser in 9mm
Artillery Luger
AR180 with original Armalite scope
Sterling Mk4 SMG
Sterling Mk6 semi-auto
Select fire Yugo AK

As for the single round, it's WW2 and 7.92 Mauser...it's not tracer.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

FrontSight wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:47 pm Some of what you see there:
Madsen LMG in 8mm & .303
MG15
Czech VZ23 semi-auto
Beretta M38 SMG
Bolo Mauser in 9mm
Artillery Luger
AR180 with original Armalite scope
Sterling Mk4 SMG
Sterling Mk6 semi-auto
Select fire Yugo AK

As for the single round, it's WW2 and 7.92 Mauser...it's not tracer.
Dang! Looks like a fun filled full day