Damn, where have I been?

1
Alright, kids...rumors of my return to life have been greatly exaggerated. I'm still dead and loving it. Wait, that's backwards....anyway, I've been busy with school and such. With an impending move across Philly I'm cleaning out stuff.

I'll get to the point....who here has an N Frame revolver? I have these grips from my days as Fantactical Graphics. I have a slew of stuff to give to Philly area locals but I think I'll give these grips up to any LGCer who can make me laugh.

You read that right, you gotta make the Klown laugh. Best joke or one -liner wins you these grips.
66404038709__A73D82BF-9253-46E2-B6F1-519BA5C25BAD.jpeg
66404037137__0013BC9C-3AB8-471B-BF8D-306AED6AC16B.jpeg
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

Re: Damn, where have I been?

4
I've really missed you and your art!!!
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Re: Damn, where have I been?

6
The Klown returns ! Hope this new move means you're the Klown-in-Chief, or Supervising Klown or Managing Klown in some scientific establishment or maybe a Resident Klown Artiste at some academic establishment.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Damn, where have I been?

8
Mason wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:23 pm Your mama is so dumb, someone said “it’s chilly outside” and she got a spoon!
Oh, no you di'nt!

Thanks for the welcome (back). MFA school has been surprisingly rough.

Since nobody has made me laugh yet, I'll just have to post a sample of what I've been up to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br37Y_h4Z3U&t=8s
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

Re: Damn, where have I been?

9
OMG Klown, what’s that leaking out of my ears? What did you put in that video I just watched?!?!
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Re: Damn, where have I been?

12
INVICTVS138 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:45 pm Welcome back & Really cool grips! I only
Have k & L frames so I won’t be submitting a joke. (And I’m not that funny….)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s an excuse to get an N frame! LoL.
Image
Image

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Damn, where have I been?

13
sikacz wrote:
INVICTVS138 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:45 pm Welcome back & Really cool grips! I only
Have k & L frames so I won’t be submitting a joke. (And I’m not that funny….)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s an excuse to get an N frame! LoL.
Haha. I’m holding out for a .454. Just saw this mana from the gods, highly customized Toklat:
Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Damn, where have I been?

14
INVICTVS138 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:44 pm
sikacz wrote:
INVICTVS138 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:45 pm Welcome back & Really cool grips! I only
Have k & L frames so I won’t be submitting a joke. (And I’m not that funny….)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s an excuse to get an N frame! LoL.
Haha. I’m holding out for a .454. Just saw this mana from the gods, highly customized Toklat:
Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not bad!
Image
Image

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: Damn, where have I been?

15
Bisbee wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:02 pm OMG Klown, what’s that leaking out of my ears? What did you put in that video I just watched?!?!
Just you wait! I’m gonna be replacing the opening number with MY OWN VOCALS! It’s gonna be awesome
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

Re: Damn, where have I been?

17
highdesert wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:30 pm Not sure that's what Miguel de Cervantes had in mind when he wrote "Don Quixote". Maybe a disclaimer at the bottom, "No drugs were used in the making of this video."
Heh, I haven't done drugs in years but after editing all that video I thought I was trippin'. I still have more to do. Plus more filming with GREEN SCREEN!
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

Re: Damn, where have I been?

18
KlownKannon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:48 am
highdesert wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:30 pm Not sure that's what Miguel de Cervantes had in mind when he wrote "Don Quixote". Maybe a disclaimer at the bottom, "No drugs were used in the making of this video."
Heh, I haven't done drugs in years but after editing all that video I thought I was trippin'. I still have more to do. Plus more filming with GREEN SCREEN!
:lol: Who knew that you'd become a video artiste. Hollywood awaits your presence !
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Damn, where have I been?

20
highdesert wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:56 am
KlownKannon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:48 am
highdesert wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:30 pm Not sure that's what Miguel de Cervantes had in mind when he wrote "Don Quixote". Maybe a disclaimer at the bottom, "No drugs were used in the making of this video."
Heh, I haven't done drugs in years but after editing all that video I thought I was trippin'. I still have more to do. Plus more filming with GREEN SCREEN!
:lol: Who knew that you'd become a video artiste. Hollywood awaits your presence !
If you said a year ago that I'd be doing lots of video I woulda laughed. Seriously it was the last thing that I thought I'd be doing. I suspected I'd be doing oil painting long before doing video. But this is where the circus has led me.

Speaking of Hollywood, I'm mulling over a fantasy project pitch. There has never been a film adaptation of CS Lewis' Space Trilogy. That series is at the core of my thesis. Say what you will about Lewis but I'm a huge fan of those three books.
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

Re: Damn, where have I been?

21
KlownKannon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:25 am
highdesert wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:56 am
KlownKannon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:48 am
highdesert wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:30 pm Not sure that's what Miguel de Cervantes had in mind when he wrote "Don Quixote". Maybe a disclaimer at the bottom, "No drugs were used in the making of this video."
Heh, I haven't done drugs in years but after editing all that video I thought I was trippin'. I still have more to do. Plus more filming with GREEN SCREEN!
:lol: Who knew that you'd become a video artiste. Hollywood awaits your presence !
If you said a year ago that I'd be doing lots of video I woulda laughed. Seriously it was the last thing that I thought I'd be doing. I suspected I'd be doing oil painting long before doing video. But this is where the circus has led me.

Speaking of Hollywood, I'm mulling over a fantasy project pitch. There has never been a film adaptation of CS Lewis' Space Trilogy. That series is at the core of my thesis. Say what you will about Lewis but I'm a huge fan of those three books.

Sounds like a great project. Lewis' "Narnia" fantasy works are too religious for many people. Apparently Netflix bought the rights to the "Chronicles of Narnia" to compete with Amazon's streaming remake of Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings". "Space Trilogy" sounds interesting and with the popularity of sci-fi and all of Hollywood's special effects, you could have three successful films. Interesting subject for a thesis.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Damn, where have I been?

22
highdesert wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:12 am



Sounds like a great project. Lewis' "Narnia" fantasy works are too religious for many people. Apparently Netflix bought the rights to the "Chronicles of Narnia" to compete with Amazon's streaming remake of Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings". "Space Trilogy" sounds interesting and with the popularity of sci-fi and all of Hollywood's special effects, you could have three successful films. Interesting subject for a thesis.


Oh, the thesis was a gas. Studying Space Trilogy I came to the conclusion that Lewis was an art aficionado alongside being a keen student of the philosophy of aesthetics. The result? I was able to pick out the schools of art that he held in high regard (Romanticism, some Symbolism) and the art that he put firmly in the camp of the 'enemy' (Surrealism).
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

Re: Damn, where have I been?

23
KlownKannon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:36 am
highdesert wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:12 am



Sounds like a great project. Lewis' "Narnia" fantasy works are too religious for many people. Apparently Netflix bought the rights to the "Chronicles of Narnia" to compete with Amazon's streaming remake of Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings". "Space Trilogy" sounds interesting and with the popularity of sci-fi and all of Hollywood's special effects, you could have three successful films. Interesting subject for a thesis.


Oh, the thesis was a gas. Studying Space Trilogy I came to the conclusion that Lewis was an art aficionado alongside being a keen student of the philosophy of aesthetics. The result? I was able to pick out the schools of art that he held in high regard (Romanticism, some Symbolism) and the art that he put firmly in the camp of the 'enemy' (Surrealism).
He was a literature professor, first at Oxford and then at Cambridge and Romanticism along with his Anglo-Catholic beliefs would seem a good fit. Forgot that he was born in Northern Ireland. Couldn't see him an admirer of Dali or Picasso. Did you stay at Kendall for your MFA or go to Tyler? Is your thesis over and defense?
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Damn, where have I been?

24
highdesert wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:46 am
KlownKannon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:36 am
highdesert wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:12 am



Sounds like a great project. Lewis' "Narnia" fantasy works are too religious for many people. Apparently Netflix bought the rights to the "Chronicles of Narnia" to compete with Amazon's streaming remake of Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings". "Space Trilogy" sounds interesting and with the popularity of sci-fi and all of Hollywood's special effects, you could have three successful films. Interesting subject for a thesis.


Oh, the thesis was a gas. Studying Space Trilogy I came to the conclusion that Lewis was an art aficionado alongside being a keen student of the philosophy of aesthetics. The result? I was able to pick out the schools of art that he held in high regard (Romanticism, some Symbolism) and the art that he put firmly in the camp of the 'enemy' (Surrealism).
He was a literature professor, first at Oxford and then at Cambridge and Romanticism along with his Anglo-Catholic beliefs would seem a good fit. Forgot that he was born in Northern Ireland. Couldn't see him an admirer of Dali or Picasso. Did you stay at Kendall for your MFA or go to Tyler? Is your thesis over and defense?
No, I’m at Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts. There is no thesis defense for MFA but I now I get to build a body of work that is based on it. Pro tip: romantic roots of the art of sci fi. Going back to basics!
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

Re: Damn, where have I been?

25
“Romantic roots of Sci-Fi...”
Got my juices flowing this morning!
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Google [Bot], sig230 and 0 guests

cron