Re: Rimfire Hauls ?

sikacz wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:23 pm Have not bought any ammo yet or even looked. Are you finding ammo in brick and mortar stores or just online?
I've been able to locate a few brands locally but the bulk of my supply as of late has been ordered directly from CCI and Federal online.

Ridge83 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:40 pm
sikacz wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:23 pm Have not bought any ammo yet or even looked. Are you finding ammo in brick and mortar stores or just online?
I've been able to locate a few brands locally but the bulk of my supply as of late has been ordered directly from CCI and Federal online.
Didn’t know one could purchase from CCI directly. Do they sell their primers directly as well?

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:50 pm
Didn’t know one could purchase from CCI directly. Do they sell their primers directly as well?
Yeah, when they become available. Right now it looks like everything has been sold out.

Ridge83 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:59 pm
Yeah, when they become available. Right now it looks like everything has been sold out.
I’m going to have to start keeping an eye on what’s available.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:09 pm
Ridge83 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:59 pm

I’m going to have to start keeping an eye on what’s available.
It def. pays to.

I tend to stock up in summer, prepping for range trips I never take during the fall. Then the range goes to winter hours until the Tax Man cometh, and the cycle begins again. My Mini-mag stock is low, but enough to get me through. A few other assorted boxes of CCI. A lot more Browning bulk box. It's fine. Norma is dirty, really dirty. I buy everything in-shop.

wings wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:11 pm I tend to stock up in summer, prepping for range trips I never take during the fall. Then the range goes to winter hours until the Tax Man cometh, and the cycle begins again. My Mini-mag stock is low, but enough to get me through. A few other assorted boxes of CCI. A lot more Browning bulk box. It's fine. Norma is dirty, really dirty. I buy everything in-shop.

I tend to shoot all through the year on personal land (no real extensive range trips unless I've been slacking off too much)

I saw 5000 rounds of .22 wmr for $1200+ last night on cheaper than dirt.
I was kinda shocked and bummed at the same time.
Shocked cuz i never seen so much in one spot and bummed because i dont have anything to shoot it with.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

This stuff (Federal Automatch) cycled great in my TX -22.

It was only $21/350. I haven’t seen those prices in a long time on decent .22 LR - so I cleaned them out.

I haven’t tried it in my 10/22 yet. I’ve found it to be fairly ammo finicky.

Anything that doesn’t cycle in my auto loaders will get shot through the wrangler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk