Re: Shooting of Shoplifting Suspect in Wheelchair

tonguengroover wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:19 am
F4FEver wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:12 am
tonguengroover wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:55 pm
F4FEver wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:53 am

UN-redacted video here..execution by cop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mghr0nxl67o
Well you can see him headed right for a female employee.

Hey, gotta stop the threat. Thats how cops are trained. It's on the douchebag who pulled out a deadly weapon.
Sorry, he didn't have anything but smokes and a cell phone in his hands. 'Gotta stop the threat? What 'threat'?..trundling up the ramp at 1 MPH..?? Execution by cop for an old guy who wouldn't listen to a cop..
Still has the knife on him right? How long does it take to pull a knife?

Here's a scenario. Your ten feet away from someone, your armed with your gun in your holster, if that person attacks you with a knife can you pull your weapon in time to shoot him before you get stabbed?
21 feet is the rule, which makes no difference in this case!

9 shots in the side including a paused head shot, to a old duffer in a wheel chair with a pocket knife, equals murder/man-slaughter as even the shooter's superiors have established, as well as LE spokesmen elsewhere. Note that the weapons were already drawn and aimed, so your "scenario" means squat with regards to this case.

OC was the tactical tool to deploy, not 9 shots including a paused head shot.
Last edited by DJD100 on Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tonguengroover wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:19 am
F4FEver wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:12 am

Hey, gotta stop the threat. Thats how cops are trained. It's on the douchebag who pulled out a deadly weapon.
Sorry, he didn't have anything but smokes and a cell phone in his hands. 'Gotta stop the threat? What 'threat'?..trundling up the ramp at 1 MPH..?? Execution by cop for an old guy who wouldn't listen to a cop..
Still has the knife on him right? How long does it take to pull a knife?

Here's a scenario. Your ten feet away from someone, your armed with your gun in your holster, if that person attacks you with a knife can you pull your weapon in time to shoot him before you get stabbed?
Are you kidding? The guy was in a powered wheelchair. In the parking lot the cop followed the guy around and was often within 10 feet of the guy, quite a bit of the time actually. The cop wasn't showing concern that the suspect would leave the wheelchair and attack him. So why at the store entrance? The officer was behind and to the left of the suspect. What was stopping him from hitting the guy with a nightstick?

Seriously, you are joking and I missed it correct? Watch the video with the commentary by 2 former police trainers and current firearms trainers.

Really? With that guy? I could put 20 rounds into him before he got to me, and this is CA, so that includes a mag change. Please, show me anything that supports your contention that the guy was able to get out of that chair and be an immediate danger to anyone?

Sheesh, there might be some embellished sarcasm contained therein, but... fuck it.

TrueTexan wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:53 pm Even if the old an had a knife and was waving it around, just stay back about 4 to 5 feet and you are out of any danger of being cut or stabbed. Also I wonder if the person had mild dementia and/or hearing deficits.

I have an idea..yell at the 'female employee' to move away or pull out your gun and shoot the old guy 9 times...yeegads..execution by cop.

Seriously, you are joking and I missed it correct? Watch the video with the commentary by 2 former police trainers and current firearms trainers.
Yeah well I don't just believe everything I hear and see on the internet. I'm certain you would jump the guy or stand in front of him, especially if that was your wife standing there in the entryway.

Charged and convicted on the internet ( and local .gov - cop and gun haters ) without any investigation or trial. That's Merica for ya.

This is the same thing y'all (even myself initially)were saying about Rittenhouse. Turned out it really was self defense.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

tonguengroover wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:39 am
This is the same thing y'all (even myself initially)were saying about Rittenhouse. Turned out it really was self defense.
True, a number of people here were ready to convict Rittenhouse before watching the video evidence, but this case is the polar opposite as everyone has seen the video evidence which was posted in post 1, by me the OP, and the video evidence is simply damning in this case (just as it was exculpatory in Rittenhouse's case).

First or second degree manslaughter will be the plea deal IMO...
Last edited by DJD100 on Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tonguengroover wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:39 am
Yeah well I don't just believe everything I hear and see on the internet. I'm certain you would jump the guy or stand in front of him, especially if that was your wife standing there in the entryway.

Charged and convicted on the internet ( and local .gov - cop and gun haters ) without any investigation or trial. That's Merica for ya.

The cop was supposedly a trained Law Enforcement Officer..the female employee wasn't his wife. You could 'what if' this thing to death..'what if the old guy had a AR pistol under his blanket. What if the old guy had a hand grenade under his blanket"....

Pretty easy to hate some cops, like the murderer of George Floyd. ACAB..not all but some are...

NOT the same thing at all...crying kyle was a kid, in a riot with an AR..the cop was a guy drunk with power, who didn't like this old guy who wouldn't listen to him.