Re: Capone Guns Being Autioned

lurker wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:09 pm i'm just admiring the hardware, i don't care about the previous owner.
Same here, admiring their beauty not who used it.

Same as I did years ago when I saw Hitler's Mercedes-Benz limo that he used in many parades. IIRC he had three limos made, about 5 tons each, I remember seeing the paperwork. They were basically hand made. It was so bullet proof that mileage was calculated in how many gallons per mile it used. Also saw one of Capone's cars with a hole in the floor to pour nails or oil to stop chasing vehicles. I admired the vehicles, not the owners.

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Scan read an article saying grandchild stated that "maybe people would see the human side of Al Capone" thru this sale of memorabilia. WTF!!! That's like saying turd is a gracious person in an alternate reality. JFC!!!
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Is this the point at which I admit to being a right wing troll trying to sow discontent amongst the liberal gun club membership? Kidding… Just thought it was an interesting firearms related item.

As others suggest, I believe the collection ultimately was inherited by the son, Sonny, upon Al’s death. He in turn added to that collection with more modern guns and they are all now being auctioned off.

If his son was named "Sonny", did he have a daughter named "Daughtery"?
One photo accompanying the article is titled "A large collection of Sonny Capone’s guns.". In the photo I see nine handguns and one long gun, and at the top of the photo are boxes for two more handguns (and something else off to the lower right, so perhaps 12 handguns). Does that qualify as a "large" collection?

FrontSight wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:00 am
F4FEver wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:45 am In the Holy Shite department..got a spare $5 million?

https://www.mrgundealer.com/shop/indian ... apty-47063
If that goes for even 1 million, I'll eat my hat. Seller is out of his mind.
Yup too expensive for me. There are a lot of other things I'd like to spend $5 million on, not this revolver.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:05 pm
FrontSight wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:00 am
F4FEver wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:45 am In the Holy Shite department..got a spare $5 million?

https://www.mrgundealer.com/shop/indian ... apty-47063
If that goes for even 1 million, I'll eat my hat. Seller is out of his mind.
Yup too expensive for me. There are a lot of other things I'd like to spend $5 million on, not this revolver.
Of course it won't go for that. I'm surprised Ford doesn't own it..bet he owns some Star Wars props.