Re: How’s the weather

Skimmed the news and Kentfield got 7 inches of rain and the Golden Gate Bridge is swaying with the winds. It's supposed to be in So Cal tomorrow Monday, LA will probably get the bulk of the rain doubt my area will get much. Keep safe, that's a lot of rain at one time.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

We're at 4.5 inches at 3:00. I spent 2 hours digging ditches along our driveway edges this morning so we don't have a creek running down the middle of it. So far, only one small leak in the roof from some missing shingles. Few small drips in an interior wall. Should be patchable. We were pretty sure we'd need a new roof. Now we know we do. :)

Loving the wood stove.

Other than downed trees and branches and hella leaves all over the place, the rain has passed us and has left us largely unscathed but wet. Now I think those south of me will get more drenched. Stay safe out there.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Good news CDF, 6 inches is a lot, hope no flooding in your area featureless. The storm is moving south, looks to be over SLO and Santa Barbara right now. Winds in my area since last night, no rain forecasted until this afternoon, if we get any.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

The homeless in our area really suffer during rains. Our conservative city council has drug their feet to provide shelter even though there's a judge's order. They are without honor.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

The few homeless in my area used to hang around the town parks, I've seen very few since the pandemic started. I suspect there are a lot in the more rural areas living in tents or closer to neighboring towns. Normally armories are opened for the coldest months of the year, but we don't have an armory in this area. Any homeless shelters are 50-70 miles away.

The storm is directly over LA, just checked and they've gotten 0.08 in. of rain, light rain forecasted until it fully passes over LA in about 2.5 hours. Looking at the windstream, it's carrying it north and east

So here in NW Nevada, we got real rain...as in more than just a drop or two. The Truckee river is up 6ft over the past 24 hours, and certain areas are on flash flood warnings... which is really weird for NW Nevada. Personally I'm enjoying the rain... I miss proper rain storms.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

We are forecast to get this weather starting early Wednesday Morning with strong winds rain and possible hail.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

sikacz wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:23 am
TrueTexan wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:19 am Over an inch of rain with cooler temps and wind gusts
Tomorrow’s winds are supposed to be stronger.
We already batten down the hatches.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,