Texas Governor Bans All Vaccine Mandates In The State

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) issued an executive order on Monday banning vaccine mandates by any business, government office or other entity in the state.

The Republican governor’s order says that “no entity” in the state can require that a person be vaccinated against COVID-19, whether an employee or a consumer, if the person objects “for any reason of personal conscience.” The order notes that any vaccine mandates by local officials “in response to the COVID-19 disaster” are overruled by this one.

Abbott himself is fully vaccinated, and after catching a “breakthrough” case of the virus in August, he experienced “no symptoms” — showing the vaccine effectively works to prevent severe illness or hospitalization.

Later that month, Abbott issued an order banning vaccine mandates by government entities in the state.

In Texas, only 52% of the population has been fully vaccinated. Even as coronavirus cases decline across the country, the state is still seeing an average of over 7,000 cases per day and over 200 people dying from COVID-19 per day.

Vaccinated people are at low risk of contracting the virus and at extremely low risk of hospitalization or death. The vast majority of cases, hospitalizations and deaths from the virus are among unvaccinated people.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/texas-g ... ab4bb7adbe

Well does he override the federal mandates? We have Southwest and American Airlines headquarters here and they have mandated vaccines for their employees just as the Feds have required it.

Edit I’m sure AG Ken “curly” Paxton will be happy to file a lawsuit.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Texas Governor Bans All Vaccine Mandates In The State

That means that every hospital and insurance is going to go out of business.
And every health insurance MUST pull out of Texas. Why? Because if they want to get paid Medicare and Medicaid money they MUST insist their employees are vaccinated or have a legitimate written medical or religious reason not to, like allergic to the carrier or a lifelong Christian Scientist. After a set date unvaccinated workers won't be allowed to enter the premises--or the company risk losing that federal support.

To survive they WILL need to drive prices to insurance companies and individuals up, and risk being sued by Medicare as well.

And when people cannot get treated, cannot get Medicaid/Medicare to pay for their treatments, they WILL blame Abbott.
Companies won't be able to provide decent health insurance because their providers will be driven out. So they'll leave in droves.

It is inevitable.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

highdesert wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:53 pm This will end up in court, state or federal or both. Instead of attracting business to Texas he's driving it out. This executive order must have been written by the same lawyers who wrote the new abortion law.
That was my point. Because he CANNOT overrule Medicare's requirements for Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement. This will cause insurers to redline Texas, which will cause businesses who cannot self-insure to move out, or never move in. It's an economic collapse in the making.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Well this should do well for Lockheed here in Fort Worth. Not only is that plant building the F-35, the plant itself is really names Air Force Plant Number 4 and is owned by the US government Lock Stock and Land. Lockheed just leases it for a small amount but also pays the cost to maintains it.
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

The move comes as the Biden administration is set to issue rules requiring employers with more than 100 workers to be vaccinated or test weekly for the coronavirus. Several major companies, including Texas-based American Airlines and Southwest Airlines, have said they would abide by the federal mandate.
https://www.npr.org/2021/10/11/10451425 ... e-mandates

I expect Lockheed as a government contractor to also abide by the federal requirement. Federal law and executive orders outrank state law and state executive orders.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:25 am
The move comes as the Biden administration is set to issue rules requiring employers with more than 100 workers to be vaccinated or test weekly for the coronavirus. Several major companies, including Texas-based American Airlines and Southwest Airlines, have said they would abide by the federal mandate.
https://www.npr.org/2021/10/11/10451425 ... e-mandates

I expect Lockheed as a government contractor to also abide by the federal requirement. Federal law and executive orders outrank state law and state executive orders.
I would think so. This is going to be real interesting.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:10 pm
lurker wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:09 pm so now abbott has more blood on his hands. think any texans will notice?
I doubt the republican voters care. Some corporations that have to deal with federal requirements might.
Think of the Oil and Gas Industry and their Federal Government Contracts. I bet the feds buy more oil and gas products wholesale contracts than any one other corporation.

YankeeTarheel wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:13 am
highdesert wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:53 pm This will end up in court, state or federal or both. Instead of attracting business to Texas he's driving it out. This executive order must have been written by the same lawyers who wrote the new abortion law.
That was my point. Because he CANNOT overrule Medicare's requirements for Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement. This will cause insurers to redline Texas, which will cause businesses who cannot self-insure to move out, or never move in. It's an economic collapse in the making.

I agree YT.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:47 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:13 am

I agree YT.
I also agree with YT. But that doesn’t Abbot and the other stooges believe they can do what ever they want.. You know it’s states rights, just like Abbott wanting to build walls on the Texas Mexico border when President Biden said stop to The Orange Turd’s wall and using the Texas DPS as border patrol.

Like trump the traitor did, this 'EO' is all about publicity and has zero horsepower behind it. abbot is trying to show he's the guy for 2022..but he's pissing off a bunch of people. Like the mango mussolini, abbot appeals to white, poorly educated males mostly.

Mason wrote:I am a contractor to a federal contractor. We have been informed by corporate that if we are not fully vaccinated by Dec 8 our contract cannot be renewed. If you will not get vaccinated you will be terminated. Period.
The defense production Act (1950) Gives the president broad powers with defense contractors.

I work directly for the Air Force and we have been given our implementation guidance last week & required employees to sign the vaccine mandate. It’s a lawful executive order and so far I’m only aware of one nut job in our organization that gave a q-anon, cut and pasted from 8-kun, nonsensical type, response that the EO was “unconstitutional.”

99.5 % of people will comply when your job is on the line. I feel zero bad for these idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife's exec assistant informed her that she's not vaccinated. Company rules forbid my wife from even asking, but she merely informed her EA, as one of her emps, that as of mid-November no one unvaccinated would be allowed in the building. Unless someone has a medical excuse or valid religious reason, they will be subject to termination if they cannot work remotely. That was when the EA said she wasn't vaccinated. So my wife is worried that her EA is Trump anti-vax nut and will either stand on "principle" and get fired or retire.

My wife wanted for her birthday a "broken glass ceiling" necklace and earrings, and I got her a matching ring as well.
Shattered Glass Ceiling..JPG

F4FEver wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:58 am
So my wife is worried that her EA is Trump anti-vax nut
I don't get this. Didn't trump the traitor campaign on his 'operation light speed' program will bring the vaccine to America blindingly fast? And that's one of his hallmark 'accomplishments'? Yet, trump lemmings are anti vcxx..and the mango mussolini actually got booed at one of his stupid 'rallies' when he said the 'vaxx is good'...
Let's not forget: He wanted the first vaccine announced BEFORE the election, thinking it would put him over the top, and was insanely FURIOUS that Pfizer didn't and wouldn't announce success before the election. I'll bet he ranted "WTF did we fund them for if they wouldn't say it was ready BEFORE the election????"

And let's remember, as well, that he had ZERO plans or preparations for the vaccine to be distributed, making the SAME mistakes he made at the beginning of the year when he did everything to PREVENT the states in dire straits from getting the help they needed, just to make the governors "unpopular". He just wanted a headline, not an actual remedy. That's why vaccine production and distribution was criminally slow from November to late January, and it was the Biden admin that rapidly ramped up distribution.

TFG started the anti-vaxx forest fire and learned even he couldn't put it out. Loser.

Texas Governor Bans All Vaccine Mandates In The State

YankeeTarheel wrote:
TFG started the anti-vaxx forest fire and learned even he couldn't put it out. Loser.
The falcon cannot hear the falconer.

Not even trump had the power to reel in or control the forces he brought to the forefront. He benefited from them politically, by tapping into them & allowing them to not be ashamed of their inner racists. He made them latch onto & into their anger at “the other” i.e. xenophobia which gave the permission, morphed their fear into open hate for their own countrymen who “don’t share their values” ie cultural whiteness. The anti vaxx exponential growth is just another cultural rejection of “experts” “elites” and “science” who they don’t want telling them what to to do … to the grave.

What Trump has not asked them to to do - is to look inward, and ask hard questions about one’s self & ones own internal bias and mistakes. Far easier to blame immigrants and Chinese factory workers for your place in life than to challenge your up bringing or world view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by INVICTVS138 on Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.