Re: Defensive REVOLVER use caught on camera

No idea who owned it. I may shoot it just to say I did, but other than that; not so much. Just a piece to add to what I call my "blue collar Colt collection"

If I decide to keep it, then I'll probably get a factory letter. Which won't tell me much, just which retailer the gun was sold to. With a MFG date of 1862, it could have been something a soldier carried in the Civil War (hopefully a Yankee), or it could have been one of the many that went West. 1849 Colt was the best selling cap & ball revolver Colt made, and they never made a military sale. So that's how popular it was with civilians, law enforcement, etc.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

lurker wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:24 pm
FrontSight wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:42 am
Blasphemer!!!

IMG_0480.jpg
none of which are reliable,
andLUGO1852.JPG
most of which are reliable.
Last time I took the Blackhawk out to play, I had a jam. Yes, it happens. I am still not 100% sure how, but I field stripped it and got it working again for the rest of the day. Since the cylinder is long and .45 ACP is short, it was not a problem with a bullet getting knocked loose from the brass. There would have been a lot of loose gunpowder, not to mention a bullet. I suspect that the firing pin hung up on the brass. Had it been a gunfight, I would've had a club. But I'd still have got a shot off, maybe more.

The ACP cylinder has never been as reliable as Colt. Financially, this is a bit of a disappointment. From a style standpoint - I'm good.

The only time I had a jam with my revolvers was when I was shooting some reloads my friend had made. He had not set a primer deep enough and it didn’t clear the cylinder gap when the cylinder rotated.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,