Re: Handguns you would like to see produced

51
DamnYankee wrote:
SpaceRanger42 wrote:Does anyone make a full size 32? I don't care for compact and sub-compact firearms. My hands are just too damn big. I've never seen a .32 in anything that didn't look like a toy.
Not in stock here, but you might chase on gunbroker or similar

https://atlanticfirearms.com/products/h ... mbp-pistol

Just remember, .32 is good enough for Big Jim Walker:

https://youtu.be/odkIEDi2x0g


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually on second thought, that was bad bad Leroy Brown...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Handguns you would like to see produced

52
SpaceRanger42 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:35 pm Does anyone make a full size 32? I don't care for compact and sub-compact firearms. My hands are just too damn big. I've never seen a .32 in anything that didn't look like a toy.
I'm not sure what you would consider a compact or sub-compact firearm but here are a few 32acps on my hand as a reference.

Beretta "Puma" 1935:
Image


Beretta "New Puma" Model 70:
Image


Beretta "Cheetah" Model 81":
Image


Walther PP:
Image


Colt 1903:
Image


Benardelli Model 60 Hammer Fired:
Image


Bernardelli Striker Fired:
Image


CZ Model 50:
Image


Savage 1907 (Striker fired double stack 10 round high cap):
Image


JP Sauer 38h:
Image
To be vintage it must be older than me!
Stories coming to you from Deep South Texas!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!

Re: Handguns you would like to see produced

54
SpaceRanger42 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:02 pm Those are all fine looking little gats, Sig. I don't think I have seen any of them on local shelves. All I see in that caliber, readily available to handle fall into the "pocket pistol" category and they just don't work well for me.
Look beyond the local shelves.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
Stories coming to you from Deep South Texas!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!

Re: Handguns you would like to see produced

55
kronkmusic wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:23 pm More 380acp conversions of common 9mm carry pistols. 380acp is statistically just as effective at breaking contact with an assailant as 9mm is, yet it's lighter and significantly more enjoyable to shoot out of small pistols. So 380acp P365, Springfield Hellcat, Glock 43x, etc. Also, some more full-size 380acp pistols for mostly the same reasons.
Glock 25 is in .380 and it’s the size of G 19, but it’s not sold here, probably because Glock doesn’t think it will sell. At that size the 9mm is reasonably comfortable to shoot.
Glad that federal government is boring again.

Re: Handguns you would like to see produced

56
Stiff wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:17 pm
kronkmusic wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:23 pm More 380acp conversions of common 9mm carry pistols. 380acp is statistically just as effective at breaking contact with an assailant as 9mm is, yet it's lighter and significantly more enjoyable to shoot out of small pistols. So 380acp P365, Springfield Hellcat, Glock 43x, etc. Also, some more full-size 380acp pistols for mostly the same reasons.
Glock 25 is in .380 and it’s the size of G 19, but it’s not sold here, probably because Glock doesn’t think it will sell. At that size the 9mm is reasonably comfortable to shoot.
I think the issue might be the weird US point system for imports.

Re: Handguns you would like to see produced

57
UncleJon wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:19 pm
Stiff wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:17 pm
kronkmusic wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:23 pm More 380acp conversions of common 9mm carry pistols. 380acp is statistically just as effective at breaking contact with an assailant as 9mm is, yet it's lighter and significantly more enjoyable to shoot out of small pistols. So 380acp P365, Springfield Hellcat, Glock 43x, etc. Also, some more full-size 380acp pistols for mostly the same reasons.
Glock 25 is in .380 and it’s the size of G 19, but it’s not sold here, probably because Glock doesn’t think it will sell. At that size the 9mm is reasonably comfortable to shoot.
I think the issue might be the weird US point system for imports.
If Glock really wants to sell it, they can always manufacture part of it here. The G42 will never be sold here if they simply follow the points system.
Glad that federal government is boring again.

Re: Handguns you would like to see produced

59
UncleJon wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:25 pm
Stiff wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:23 pm
If Glock really wants to sell it, they can always manufacture part of it here. The G42 will never be sold here if they simply follow the points system.
I would think it would sell well here because attitudes on power and recoil seem to be changing somewhat but who knows.
Glock would know better simply by comparing the sales figure of G42 with G43. My guess is that the G43 still outsells the G42 by a lot.

The prevailing attitude of the tacticool crowd is that .380 is for pocket guns only, or for women and arthritic old men. The relative success of the S&W .380 Shield EZ actually supports that image.
Glad that federal government is boring again.

Re: Handguns you would like to see produced

60
Stiff wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:06 pm
UncleJon wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:25 pm
Stiff wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:23 pm
If Glock really wants to sell it, they can always manufacture part of it here. The G42 will never be sold here if they simply follow the points system.
I would think it would sell well here because attitudes on power and recoil seem to be changing somewhat but who knows.
Glock would know better simply by comparing the sales figure of G42 with G43. My guess is that the G43 still outsells the G42 by a lot.

The prevailing attitude of the tacticool crowd is that .380 is for pocket guns only, or for women and arthritic old men. The relative success of the S&W .380 Shield EZ actually supports that image.
Yup and 9mm is cheaper and 380 HP isn’t so great. But the idea of getting more shots on target more faster is gaining traction.

Re: Handguns you would like to see produced

61
sig230 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:04 pm
SpaceRanger42 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:02 pm Those are all fine looking little gats, Sig. I don't think I have seen any of them on local shelves. All I see in that caliber, readily available to handle fall into the "pocket pistol" category and they just don't work well for me.
Look beyond the local shelves.
Naw, buying milsurp online is really not high on my to do list. I want to pick up the pistol, try the action, look at the bore with my little phone endoscope thingy. I am not paranoid or anything. I just like to buy guns the same way I buy leather. In person. Though I make an exception for long guns. If I were not unemployed at the moment I would be paying for an Enfield and probably buying another Mosin. Normally I would go to gun shows to shop outside the box, but with the pandemic . . . :wavecry: no gun shows.
Never smile too big, the gods may mistake it for hubris.

Re: Handguns you would like to see produced

63
UncleJon wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:08 pm
sig230 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:46 pm I'm not sure what you would consider a compact or sub-compact firearm but here are a few 32acps on my hand as a reference.
That is one hell of a 32 collection! Looks very fun.
That's the bigger ones, most were even common military or law enforcement issue type stuff.
Last edited by sig230 on Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
Stories coming to you from Deep South Texas!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!

Re: Handguns you would like to see produced

64
I haven't found an 81 yet, though I'm picky with double stack since, you know, tiny hands. I love the .32 though, so always looking for new ones. I've got the Beretta 70, a few Eibars including a French issued Ruby from WW1, CZ70, and a Franz Stock that I need to fix the magazine on. They are all fine in my h and, but I can see why someone with bigger hands would have an issue.

Re: Handguns you would like to see produced

66
LCC wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:33 pm 6 shot 2" and 3" .32 H+R Magnum J-frame revolvers, with ammo makers making plentiful and reasonably priced ammo for it. And a Sig 365 in .380. A Sig 365 is my fave carry 9 yet, and a .380 version should be a fun shooter. Still in sticker shock, however, on what I spent on my last box of Fiocchi .380 for my LCP improved gen 1.
There is the Sig P290RS out there in .380acp.

Image
To be vintage it must be older than me!
Stories coming to you from Deep South Texas!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!

Re: Handguns you would like to see produced

69
UncleJon wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:10 pm
LCC wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:33 pm 6 shot 2" and 3" .32 H+R Magnum J-frame revolvers, with ammo makers making plentiful and reasonably priced ammo for it
This. For ultra light carry revolvers 32 makes more sense than 38 special because of its lower recoil. Smith should reintroduce a model or two. And an LCR in H&R would be cheaper than their 327.
My understanding is that .327 can shoot .32 H&R, S&W, and even ACP in a pinch. I know Ruger has the 6 shot LCR (1.87") and SP-101 (3") in .327 Mag, but if J-frame is what you want, you gots to wait.

Re: Handguns you would like to see produced

70
wings wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:14 pm
UncleJon wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:10 pm
LCC wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:33 pm 6 shot 2" and 3" .32 H+R Magnum J-frame revolvers, with ammo makers making plentiful and reasonably priced ammo for it
This. For ultra light carry revolvers 32 makes more sense than 38 special because of its lower recoil. Smith should reintroduce a model or two. And an LCR in H&R would be cheaper than their 327.
My understanding is that .327 can shoot .32 H&R, S&W, and even ACP in a pinch. I know Ruger has the 6 shot LCR (1.87") and SP-101 (3") in .327 Mag, but if J-frame is what you want, you gots to wait.
Ammo is definitely the key here. 32 H&R is scarce as hen’s teeth. 327, though still not mainstream, is easier to find. At least in my experience.

Re: Handguns you would like to see produced

72
wings wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:14 pm My understanding is that .327 can shoot .32 H&R, S&W, and even ACP in a pinch. I know Ruger has the 6 shot LCR (1.87") and SP-101 (3") in .327 Mag, but if J-frame is what you want, you gots to wait.
Yup you got it. I tried some 32acp in my LCR, it went off but the accuracy isn’t there and you need a knife to remove the rounds. Smith did make 1 or 2 super light j-frames in 32H&R 10-20 years ago and they go for a lot of money now.

I’ve said it many times on here and I’ll say it once more, 32S&W long wadcutters are seriously low recoil and I have faith that they would outperform 38 special LRN, FMJ, and HP (that didn’t expand) in a self defense situation. 38 special wadcutters are fairly low recoil as well but I won’t get carried away and try to make the 22 comparison with either caliber of wads.

Re: Handguns you would like to see produced

74
Been thinking about this lately. Imagine the Keltec P32 or Ruger LCP in 25acp but thinner, an inch shorter in length, and an inch shorter in height with a one finger grip(like a Baby Browning) but it comes with a second magazine that is extended to hold more rounds and fit one more finger.
Very low recoil, super light, super easy to conceal, and center fire reliability. If it was reliable and not junk I think it would sell pretty well.

And I have a new self defense revolver cartridge idea. 22 caliber, center fire, rimmed(of course), and similar energy to 25 NAA. Available in FMJ, wadcutter, and HP. Less blast and sound than 22 mag.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron