Re: Scary

Leonidas wrote:Thank goodness for this site. I'm a new member and sites like Glock Talk and Virginia Gun Owners Forum were just downright scary. You could not read a post or thread without some right wing wacko steering it into a tirade against Obama, global warming, etc. Frankly, after spending a few days (snowed in here in Virginia) I am convinced that many of these right wing wackos can't wait til the end of the world, armageddon, whatever so they can use their arsenals. Also, those "zombie" threads that permeate those boards are ridiculous and its easy to tell what the term "zombie" includes.

Anyhow, I'm a Virginian who loves his Glock, target shooting, hiking, history, and hates the NRA (I've never forgiven those idiots for the "jack booted thugs" reference to our Federal LEAs, who put their lives on the line for us).

Glad I found a home
Molon labe
Welcome. Where in the commonwealth do you reside?
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

Re: Scary

Leonidas wrote:Thank goodness for this site. I'm a new member and sites like Glock Talk and Virginia Gun Owners Forum were just downright scary. You could not read a post or thread without some right wing wacko steering it into a tirade against Obama, global warming, etc. Frankly, after spending a few days (snowed in here in Virginia) I am convinced that many of these right wing wackos can't wait til the end of the world, armageddon, whatever so they can use their arsenals. Also, those "zombie" threads that permeate those boards are ridiculous and its easy to tell what the term "zombie" includes.

Anyhow, I'm a Virginian who loves his Glock, target shooting, hiking, history, and hates the NRA (I've never forgiven those idiots for the "jack booted thugs" reference to our Federal LEAs, who put their lives on the line for us).

Glad I found a home
Molon labe
Welcome aboard - glad to have you.
"The waves which dash on the shore are, one by one, broken; but yet the ocean conquers nevertheless."
- Lord Byron

Re: Got tired of the conservative koolaid drinkers at Glock Talk

That's good enough for a posse in my most states. Glad to see I'm not the only one in Virginia, although when I go to the range it can feel that way given the comments/signs, etc. If anything, I do believe gun owners like ourselves scare the hell out of the NRA, GOA and others. We are the crack in their self proscribed "monolith" and a threat to their money-making operation. :mrgreen:
Leonidas
Molon labe

Re: Got tired of the conservative koolaid drinkers at Glock Talk

First of all, the 14th Amendment does not apply to Russian troll farmers. :)

Second, the 14th is only thing keeping the state governments from stripping away birthright citizenship, gun ownership, or forcing you to dance the macarena naked at the Church of Satan social every Tuesday. Heller and McDonald were predicated on the 14th.

Third, racist neofascists aren't welcome here. Or anywhere, really. The KKK was founded by traitors who raised up in arms illegally against democracy because they lost a fair election, and if I recall they got crushed by Ulysses S. Grant and his buddies. Twice.