Re: New member looking for members in NE Ohio

o/

Don't know that any of the NE members are active on Discord or Facebook, but they're pretty quiet on the forum. It's pretty much me and Invictvs here, and he's down at the other end of the state. What do you shoot?

ODNR runs a variety of ranges, not sure what's going to be closest to you. Maybe Grand River? Dillon is nice, but middle of nowhere. Pistol, rifle and shotgun facilities. Saw a dear leader sticker on the door jamb once, but it disappeared soon after. Lots of classes and shooting events, and it's the one place in state that doesn't require the ODNR permit. Here's a list of options:
https://ohiodnr.gov/wps/portal/gov/odnr ... es-permits

Thanks guys. That's a bummer that the only active folks on here are so far away. There's no state gun ranges close by (there's some bow ranges though). Maybe Pittsburg? You'd think that Cleveland would have some folks.

I tried to get on the FB page - put in the information but haven't been approved yet.

What do I shoot? 9mm and .22lr right now. I actually sold a few firearms and a bunch of my ammo during COVID because people were paying so much for it on gunbroker. I hope to buy an AK or AR-15 soon though. I also love revolvers and have plans to get a .38 special.

We'll be marching 10/2, too.

Grand River WIldlife Area is about an hour to the NE. Probably your best ODNR option. Delaware and Dillon might take two hours one way. Good for the occasional meetup, but not for regular shooting.
https://ohiodnr.gov/wps/portal/gov/odnr ... ting-range

If you're willing to go private, I'm sure you can find something closer - but there may be mandatory NRA membership or similar nonsense.

We love us some wheelguns around here. Invictvs and I share a love of the .45, but shoot more .22LR than anything.

Thank you for the info, Wings - much appreciated. Do you know anything about Shoot Point Blank's politics? I really don't care that much about a person's political affiliation, I'm pretty tolerant. I just can't abide the alt-right types and don't want to support them financially or hear there rhetoric. Unfortunately, these types are commonly owners of ranges.

I love larger calibers but it's hard to justify paying .50 or a dollar every time I pull the trigger when I have thousands of Thunderbolt that were under 5 cents a piece. No shame in plinking!
wings wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:12 pm Grand River WIldlife Area is about an hour to the NE. Probably your best ODNR option. Delaware and Dillon might take two hours one way. Good for the occasional meetup, but not for regular shooting.
https://ohiodnr.gov/wps/portal/gov/odnr ... ting-range

If you're willing to go private, I'm sure you can find something closer - but there may be mandatory NRA membership or similar nonsense.

We love us some wheelguns around here. Invictvs and I share a love of the .45, but shoot more .22LR than anything.

Nope, sorry. All my nearby private ranges and small shops had TP 2020 signs out back in November, but they at least had the good form to take them down before the insurrection. Vance Outdoors only has the one range down in Columbus, but I get the impression that as long as you're not trying to take away their guns they don't otherwise care about politics. Might be worth doing a browse-by, check it out in person.

I think Pointblank stays out of the fray (at least overtly) , you might run into butt-heads there like any other range, but it think they are just corporate “want your money” types. I haven’t really heard anything good or bad about them. I have found them to be a bit more expensive than the other “chain” competitors in the region that sell guns and ammo: Vances & Rural King. If they were the only game in town around here I would at least give them a chance. Since they are a little pricier I have other option in the corporate chain type retailers & LGSs. We are blessed to have the Spring Valley public range 15 mins away.

So while SW ohio is overcrowded, it’s overcrowded with fairly well to do boomers, Gen xers & even millennials who have money for guns & outdoors brick-a-BRAC.

14 years ago when I moved to SW Ohio there were minimal options for both gunshops, ranges and even clubs. Now the area has exploded with them.

https://www.shoppointblank.com/pages/about-us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn my Google fu. I did not know about SPB until now. There are two in Columbus. Every Vance location is closer, even Cabelas - but it's nice to have options. Seems like they stock S&W the way Vance stocks Rugers. Although maybe not with quite as big a mark-up.

Of course, I've blown my gun budget for the year. Not on guns. There's almost no chance I get back out again until winter. :cry: