Norfolk, Virginia CoP calls for "paper trail," "tracking" to bolster state's UBCs

Gee. I wonder what that could mean.
‘Epidemic’ of gun violence prompts call for Virginia to use federal dollars to curb shootings
“The gun sales soared. They soared to such a degree that now we are dealing with Armageddon,” Boone said in an interview. “We have young folks shooting young folks. And that’s the reality of it.”
Boone, the Norfolk police chief, said community violence intervention programs can be helpful with the right people involved and the right level of commitment. But, he said, policymakers are “chasing our tail if we never impact the flow of guns.” To really make a difference, he said, there should have to be a paper trail every time a gun changes hands. (Virginia began requiring background checks on gun sales between private parties last year).
“It’s always been on the police to manage things that governments, generations ago, created,” Boone said. “In any urban setting that has poverty, it looks like Norfolk, it looks like Detroit, it looks like Richmond. It has looked that way for decades. I’m going to say it again, until we impact the flow and start tracking guns, we’ll continue to have this conversation.”

Re: Norfolk, Virginia CoP calls for "paper trail," "tracking" to bolster state's UBCs

Since I live in Virginia, allow me to clue the rest of you in about Norfolk. Not only is the largest US Navy base in Norfolk--the F/A-18's can be heard and seen taking off pretty much every day--but there is a large *Black American* population in the Norfolk area. Basically, what this Chief of Police is doing is saying, "we gotta crack down on them Black folks who might want guns."

"Oh, but CowboyT, Chief Boone is Black!"

Yeah, so what? So is Allen West. So was at least one of the cops who arrested those two Black men in the Philadelphia Starbucks after the "Karen" manager called the police on 'em. How did Ice Cube put it in a famous song of his? Ah, yes, I believe it was as follows:

And on the other hand, without a gun, they can't get none
But don't let it be a black and a white one
'Cause they'll slam ya down to the street top
Black police showin' out for the white cop

Also remember that Chiefs of Police are generally political appointees, unlike Sheriffs who are elected. This CoP is thus towing the Democrat Party line of "guns bad! guns bad!" in order to keep his job.

Nah, can't trust them Negroes with responsible gun ownership...they're just incapable....</sarcasm>
"SF Liberal With A Gun + Free Software Advocate"
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com/

Re: Norfolk, Virginia CoP calls for "paper trail," "tracking" to bolster state's UBCs

CowboyT wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:28 pm Since I live in Virginia, allow me to clue the rest of you in about Norfolk. Not only is the largest US Navy base in Norfolk--the F/A-18's can be heard and seen taking off pretty much every day--but there is a large *Black American* population in the Norfolk area. Basically, what this Chief of Police is doing is saying, "we gotta crack down on them Black folks who might want guns."

"Oh, but CowboyT, Chief Boone is Black!"

Yeah, so what? So is Allen West. So was at least one of the cops who arrested those two Black men in the Philadelphia Starbucks after the "Karen" manager called the police on 'em. How did Ice Cube put it in a famous song of his? Ah, yes, I believe it was as follows:

And on the other hand, without a gun, they can't get none
But don't let it be a black and a white one
'Cause they'll slam ya down to the street top
Black police showin' out for the white cop

Also remember that Chiefs of Police are generally political appointees, unlike Sheriffs who are elected. This CoP is thus towing the Democrat Party line of "guns bad! guns bad!" in order to keep his job.

Nah, can't trust them Negroes with responsible gun ownership...they're just incapable....</sarcasm>
That goes with most of the south, except when you hear the phrase, used many times here in Texas, "He's a good N----. He's one of ours." Meaning he kowtows and does what he is told to do.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,