Re: How’s the weather

:clap2: Relief is on the way sika, plus lower electric bills.

We've had clouds heavy with rain passing over for days and yesterday we got a thunder storm, first rain in 6-8 months IIRC. Today isn't hot only 85F degrees but it's humid, a wimpy CA desert humid at 28% much like August weather. AZ, NM and farther east will be getting thunder showers. Temperatures will be rising and by Sunday we hit triple digits again with lower humidity.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:41 pm :clap2: Relief is on the way sika, plus lower electric bills.

We've had clouds heavy with rain passing over for days and yesterday we got a thunder storm, first rain in 6-8 months IIRC. Today isn't hot only 85F degrees but it's humid, a wimpy CA desert humid at 28% much like August weather. AZ, NM and farther east will be getting thunder showers. Temperatures will be rising and by Sunday we hit triple digits again with lower humidity.
Here’s hoping cool breezes to all!

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Rain last night. Sweet smell, great sound all dripping and plopping outside the bedroom window. Everything will be dry by sunrise and the cars all will have spots.

0.01 inches is all it takes to smell great.

In other news, my county, Butte County, CA, has halted all agricultural well-digging. We're an agricultural county with two colleges. We'll feel this next year unless we get much rain this winter.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

sikacz wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:55 am Another toasty day. Yesterday the crew almost finished up, thermostat and a few odds and ends to go. Feeling the cool breeze approaching!3A624FD1-48DD-4927-914E-F308A308C3A7.jpeg
:thumbup:

It's a pleasant 73 here. We survived our very brief hot spell in WI. Feeling for everyone in the hot south.

cooper wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:48 am
sikacz wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:55 am Another toasty day. Yesterday the crew almost finished up, thermostat and a few odds and ends to go. Feeling the cool breeze approaching!3A624FD1-48DD-4927-914E-F308A308C3A7.jpeg
:thumbup:

It's a pleasant 73 here. We survived our very brief hot spell in WI. Feeling for everyone in the hot south.
The winters here are like Finnish summers. The summer is like a poorly heated sauna. LoL

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Have been reading reports about people complaining about smart thermostats and being upset power company can control. I've been on our city own power utility program for about 10+ years. Original thermo was Honeywell; another brand for a few years and last 3-4 on a NEST unit. Yes, they can control my thermo; I gave them permission to do so for $30 annual rebate, plus any power savings that I can't calculate. We've had three "energy rush hours' this week alone where they run up the thermo to 85F - prior to this they run AC to a lower temp than you have it set for (mine is 80F normal daytime), once achieved they run thermo up. Rush hours usually last from 1-2.5 hours and between 3- 6 PM. I can override their control anytime I want, so if their temp setting gets unbearable, no problem. I rarely override. It has been a great program and has saved me money plus all thermostats have been furnished free of charge. I work from home, so I'm here basically 24/7 other than errands, shopping and Docs. Jake is here full time unless trip to vet. Nights we turn it down to 78 for sleep time along with ceiling and stand fans. Received my monthly bill yesterday and we've been hot thru near all - $145.00/29 days - last month $117.00 (30 days) during lots rains.

While on subject for smart meters - I also have a water meter "strap-on" by Flume that monitors my water usage and warms me when I have a leak or (being old and forgetful) left a tap running - have a bad habit of doing this at kitchen sink - I got a warning just yesterday on cell phone !! LOL This is another worthy meter. Was free from my city owned water supplier. This little jewel has saved me a ton as it alarms when I screw up and when water lines go south, even picking up a leaking toilet, as slight as that was.

I do love technology !! LOL
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

We're in the next heat wave in the West and the Pacific Northwest will get clobbered. High temps and all that greenery means high humidity. The Northeast will also have high temps.

Humidity is down in my area to the low teens and the forecast is for lower temps at night so bearable.

The number of wildfires in CA is increasing but nothing like the last two years, but this could be the lull before the storm.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

We’re supposed to be in the upper 80s with a good chance of rain all week.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Here's why drought scientists have their bugout bags ready to go

Climate change deniers, failing to see the big picture, will look at the increase in hurricanes, droughts, wildfires, flooding and other disasters and say, "So what? These things have always existed." Yes, they have, but they are becoming more severe, more intense and more common. Journalist Mike Pearl, in an article published by the Daily Beast on June 25, explains why a well-known scientist in Northern California — fearing an unusually bad season of wildfires in her state — has her bugout bag ready to go.
https://www.alternet.org/2021/06/severe-dought/

Here is the Daily Beast link https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-this ... g?ref=home

I hope all our western states members are ready and prepared to get out when they need to.
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Projected high today 30C (86F) and rain. Figures when we have a working AC systems the outside temperature cools.

PS. If any of y’all need to replace a centralAC system, the variable speed AC system is the way to go. It’s quiet and when the house is cooled it lowers the compressor speed. I can barely tell it’s on unless I walk by the return air registers. Sweet.

Happy you got AC again. I would not wish a Houston Summer without AC on anybody but a TFG supporter.

Bend is 104°, my front porch thermo sez 109°.
I'm fortunate that my neighbor gave me an old window AC unit. Gonna be 100+ all week.
My cat Oscar is happily sleeping outside in the heat...
"I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations in examples of justice and liberality" - George Washington

Yikes, Ashland, OR at 115 degrees. Beautiful college town and home of the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, it should be full of touristas this time of year.

It hit 104 here today and it's supposed to go down slowly to mid to high 90s for the rest of the week.

Just saw that it was 112 degrees in Portland,Ore yesterday. The residents aren't prepared for heat like that, with much of the housing without AC.

TrueTexan wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:40 am Just saw that it was 112 degrees in Portland,Ore yesterday. The residents aren't prepared for heat like that, with much of the housing without AC.
Yep. Areas that don’t have AC traditionally really suffer in heatwaves. Question is, is this a new long term trend in weather. If it is, those areas are in trouble.