Video shows cops tasing Black teen boy as he arrived at his girlfriend's house — he was then held for 21 days

FORT MYERS, Fla -- (CBS 12) -- A Florida mom is angry and calling for justice after her son was tased and arrested by a state trooper. She says it was racial profiling.

The incident was caught on a surveillance camera.

This happened in Fort Meyers.

16-year-old Jack Rodeman was on the back deck of his girlfriend's house where he had permission to be.

He started to text his girlfriend to answer the door and that's when officers arrived.

The trooper is heard telling Rodeman to put his hands behind his back.

Rodeman is then heard telling the trooper "I didn't do nothing..."

That's when he was then tased.

"I mean my son was just standing there on his phone," Rodeman's mother said. "He wasn't reaching in his pockets. The officer there was no threat to that officer."

The teen will be in custody for 21 days.

According to the official report, the trooper says the teen was a suspicious person dressed in black -- and that he 'darted' and hid in the bushes when he saw the patrol car.

He says he was forced to tase him when he didn't put his hands behind his back.
https://weartv.com/news/local/video-fl ... y-profiled

I smell a lawsuit.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Video shows cops tasing Black teen boy as he arrived at his girlfriend's house — he was then held for 21 days

highdesert wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:34 am That was poorly written, I suspect there is more to the story.
Yeah, how does that qualify as journalism anywhere? Who called the police? What prompted them to call? Was he actually doing something suspicious or just texting while black (which is a crime in red states).

There is SO much more to this story. Hopefully a REAL journalist will answer those questions.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”