Re: Biden renews call for AWB, mag ban, UBCs, ERPOs, repeal of PLCAA

Biden has a lot of political paybacks and gun control groups are just one. I knew that would be the case, but on most issues he's a million times better than Trump. It was a moment of pride to hear him at a press conference after his meeting with Putin, he spoke in full sentences, he was understandable and he rejected that he and Putin were buddies - he was there to talk about business. Trump would have stroked his own ego and let Putin dominate a joint press conference.

Biden knows he can't pass an AWB or probably any gun control bills, but he goes through the political drama of trying. It's as much political theatre as Abbott's trying to finish the border wall. Besides what did Trump ever do for gun owners, he could have gotten national conceal carry through Congress but it wasn't important enough to him.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

lurker wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:58 pm
highdesert wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:32 pm on most issues he's a million times better than Trump.
if donnie had won we'd be talking wistfully about how we used to have a democratic republic, corrupt and oligarchic as it was. "twelve more years", remember?
aaaand...

"I like taking guns away early," Trump said. "Take the guns first, go through due process second." -usa today, feb 28, 2018

Republicans won in 2016 and Trump signed some tax cuts, but I never saw him as pro 2A. He's a New Yorker born and bred and full of bs, never saw him at a gun range firing guns or out talking about firearms. More smoke and mirrors.

I don't believe the fascists are at the gates, there have always been and probably always will be looney tunes wackos on the fringes. One or two fascists or militia groups aren't a revolution, a few hundred thousand or millions are something to worry about.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

lurker wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:42 am mag limits? awBans?
disingenuous.
here is their plan, straight from the demanding moms' mouth.
this thread, post 60. viewtopic.php?f=37&t=60231

"With a limit of 3 bullets instead of 10 it would be fair gun for keeping in the home. Armatix could fix that
by just offering a corrected clip without so many bullets. Among a few of us in my https://momsdemandaction.org/
chapter we discuss reducing the number of bullets guns can hold now that the smarter states have reduced them
to 10 for safety. A count of 5 or 6 like most revolvers have would be next, and then 3 until we get to the goal
of 1. Officially we still advocate for 10 now since not all states are complying yet. Baby steps."

and then?

OP advocates restricting gun access to those who follow certain beliefs and support certain politicial leaders.
This? viewtopic.php?p=825705#p825705
Holy hell. What have I gotten myself into? Is there a lot of that here?

AdministrativeReload wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:53 pm
Holy hell. What have I gotten myself into? Is there a lot of that here?
Nope. The official consensus LGC statement on regulation is here -
On Regulation
We favor root cause mitigation for violence prevention, stronger mental health care, addressing poverty, homelessness and unemployment rather than focusing on prohibiting or restricting one tool.

This includes opposition to the so-called Assault Weapons Ban, as well as restrictions on magazine capacity and this view is directly related to our preference on an enforcement approach to regulation.
Bold is original text. More at the link below.
https://theliberalgunclub.com/about-us/ ... egulation/

There's also this -
https://theliberalgunclub.com/about-us/ ... igation-2/

highdesert wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:32 pm Biden has a lot of political paybacks and gun control groups are just one. I knew that would be the case, but on most issues he's a million times better than Trump. It was a moment of pride to hear him at a press conference after his meeting with Putin, he spoke in full sentences, he was understandable and he rejected that he and Putin were buddies - he was there to talk about business. Trump would have stroked his own ego and let Putin dominate a joint press conference.

Biden knows he can't pass an AWB or probably any gun control bills, but he goes through the political drama of trying. It's as much political theatre as Abbott's trying to finish the border wall. Besides what did Trump ever do for gun owners, he could have gotten national conceal carry through Congress but it wasn't important enough to him.
trump the traitor also advocated for
UBC, RFL, 21 YO minimum age.."take the guns and worry about due process later"..trump wouldn't know 'due process' if it hit him in his fat orange ass.