Re: Biden renews call for AWB, mag ban, UBCs, ERPOs, repeal of PLCAA

51
tonguengroover wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:06 am
featureless wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:39 pm
tonguengroover wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:17 pm
Haven't a couple Cali gun laws been walked back just recently?

I'm quite liberal and democrat and all the democrats I know are liberal as fuck.
Nope. Every gun law successfully challenge has been overturned by the CA9 en banc panel siding with the state. Some are awaiting that process, but status quo goes to the law staying in place.

I'm liberal as fuck as well, but no longer view myself as a Democrat. I see many things as crucial that the Dems are ignoring in favor of gun control. Gun control shouldn't be anywhere on a liberals list. It is an erosion of civil rights.
Thats funny, I swear I read this right here on this site and also mag capacity.
https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... fight-back
You need to read better, then. Mag ban is still in effect, even though we've "won" twice. AWB is still in effect, even though we've "won" once. Roster, still in effect even though we "won", got em banced and SCOTUS didn't take it. Carry, you say? Oh, we "won" that twice only to run into the 'ol en banc at the 9th who ruled the 2A does not convey any right to bear. Yeah, we're winning hand over fist. The 9th has overturned every gun win, siding with the state.

But, you're right. The media and the Dem leaders are frothing at the mouth that some lower court judge would dare to have actually read Heller, let alone implement it to uphold a constitutional right. ;)

Re: Biden renews call for AWB, mag ban, UBCs, ERPOs, repeal of PLCAA

54
F4FEver wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:53 am
DispositionMatrix wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:14 pm
tonguengroover wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:32 pm So who here votes for republicants? I want to make a list. hehehe
This should be somewhat of an indicator of the alleged breakdown in 2016:
LGC Exit Poll
Jokes on those 37 that voted for the traitor, trump..I'd like to see the same for 2020..'assuming' the poll would be truthful...
Yeah, wouldn't want to take advice from them. If you couldn't tell what a jackass Trump was before you voted then, well, your certainly not a liberal and you may be a racist definitely a Misogynist.
Buy the ticket; take the ride

Re: Biden renews call for AWB, mag ban, UBCs, ERPOs, repeal of PLCAA

55
sikacz wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:19 am This is The Liberal Gun Club. Not the “democratic party gun club”. Voting or belonging to the democratic party is not a prerequisite for being here. No shaming list needed. 2016 I held my nose and voted for hillary, 2020 I left it blank.
Who said it was a "democratic party gun club"? I'll bet most are part of that YUGE unaffiliated middle voting block. And vote the person, the policies, not the 'party'. I know I do. I 'almost' voted for McCain..USN Aviator, after all..wish he picked a better running mate tho.

Re: Biden renews call for AWB, mag ban, UBCs, ERPOs, repeal of PLCAA

56
F4FEver wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:31 am
sikacz wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:19 am This is The Liberal Gun Club. Not the “democratic party gun club”. Voting or belonging to the democratic party is not a prerequisite for being here. No shaming list needed. 2016 I held my nose and voted for hillary, 2020 I left it blank.
Who said it was a "democratic party gun club"? I'll bet most are part of that YUGE unaffiliated middle voting block. And vote the person, the policies, not the 'party'. I know I do. I 'almost' voted for McCain..USN Aviator, after all..wish he picked a better running mate tho.
It's worth reminding, some people get confused and think we all blindly vote and adhere to democratic party platform points. We all don't. The democratic party ceased being or having a solid liberal part a long time ago. There are some who are liberal on some issues, but there are none in the party running that are liberal on all civil rights, the second is a civil right just like the rest of the bill of rights.
Image
Image

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: Biden renews call for AWB, mag ban, UBCs, ERPOs, repeal of PLCAA

58
CDFingers wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:26 am I don't vote D, but did for Biden because reasons. I maintain the D's are neo liberals enslaved by multinational corporations who do not want the People armed.

Politics, however, creates strange bedfellows.

CDFingers
Agree with your assessment.
Image
Image

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: Biden renews call for AWB, mag ban, UBCs, ERPOs, repeal of PLCAA

60
sikacz wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:19 am This is The Liberal Gun Club. Not the “democratic party gun club”. Voting or belonging to the democratic party is not a prerequisite for being here. No shaming list needed. 2016 I held my nose and voted for hillary, 2020 I left it blank.
Thank you, sikacz, and you are quite correct. This is not the Democratic Party Gun Club. I couldn't bear to vote for the racist Hillary Clinton, and I stated my reasons why in 2016. I am a Liberal, not a Democrat.
tonguengroover wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:35 am There was a sense of urgency last election to vote the democratic ticket all the way down the ballot. And there will be next time as well. If you cannot figure out why then maybe you should pay more attention to local politics , like whats going on in Az for instance or Texas and well, pretty much every state run by goopers.
Wow...what's next, you gonna borrow from Shotgun Joe Biden and say if you can't figure out why you should vote Democrat then you ain't Black??

So you don't like Republicans. OK, fine. I guess that means you must not have liked Sen. Jim Jeffords either (Bernie Sanders's predecessor). I did not see any "sense of urgency" to vote Democratic ticket all the way down the ballot, because the Democrats are bad news. Maybe you should pay attention to what the Democrats are focusing on, and it isn't your well being, but rather the well being of their big donors...which I'm guessing you ain't. Local politics, the Democrats here in VA have just taken a massive Bloomboy-funded dump on the 2A and are just itching to make VA like Cuomo's New York State. Ugh. Same in nearly all the Democrat-controlled counties and cities in this State; 2A freedoms are now seriously curtailed because the D's got rid of statewide preemption. Look at what happened with last year's riots in Democrat-controlled states and cities across our nation. Democrat-controlled school boards are actually hurting education in their districts, certainly mine...all for bullcrap political pseudo-reasons, not because it would actually help the public (it doesn't). The D's ain't your friends, unfortunately, as they've repeatedly shown.
"San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/ (reloading instruction)
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com/ (podcast)
---------------------------------------
A true Liberal must back the Second Amendment 100%!

Re: Biden renews call for AWB, mag ban, UBCs, ERPOs, repeal of PLCAA

61
CowboyT wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:19 pm
sikacz wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:19 am This is The Liberal Gun Club. Not the “democratic party gun club”. Voting or belonging to the democratic party is not a prerequisite for being here. No shaming list needed. 2016 I held my nose and voted for hillary, 2020 I left it blank.
Thank you, sikacz, and you are quite correct. This is not the Democratic Party Gun Club. I couldn't bear to vote for the racist Hillary Clinton, and I stated my reasons why in 2016. I am a Liberal, not a Democrat.
tonguengroover wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:35 am There was a sense of urgency last election to vote the democratic ticket all the way down the ballot. And there will be next time as well. If you cannot figure out why then maybe you should pay more attention to local politics , like whats going on in Az for instance or Texas and well, pretty much every state run by goopers.
Wow...what's next, you gonna borrow from Shotgun Joe Biden and say if you can't figure out why you should vote Democrat then you ain't Black??

So you don't like Republicans. OK, fine. I guess that means you must not have liked Sen. Jim Jeffords either (Bernie Sanders's predecessor). I did not see any "sense of urgency" to vote Democratic ticket all the way down the ballot, because the Democrats are bad news. Maybe you should pay attention to what the Democrats are focusing on, and it isn't your well being, but rather the well being of their big donors...which I'm guessing you ain't. Local politics, the Democrats here in VA have just taken a massive Bloomboy-funded dump on the 2A and are just itching to make VA like Cuomo's New York State. Ugh. Same in nearly all the Democrat-controlled counties and cities in this State; 2A freedoms are now seriously curtailed because the D's got rid of statewide preemption. Look at what happened with last year's riots in Democrat-controlled states and cities across our nation. Democrat-controlled school boards are actually hurting education in their districts, certainly mine...all for bullcrap political pseudo-reasons, not because it would actually help the public (it doesn't). The D's ain't your friends, unfortunately, as they've repeatedly shown.


It might have helped in VA if some of those seats that went to Dems actually had an opponent..how many of those D's ran unopposed?? 30?

BUT neither are the trumplicans..If the mar-a-lago mussolini was gone, and the trump-lite wannabes shown as the idiots they are..I think there are real advantages to the GOP. Not many, certainly not in social issues but...trump the traitor has bastardized the GOP...

Re: Biden renews call for AWB, mag ban, UBCs, ERPOs, repeal of PLCAA

62
F4FEver wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:03 am
CowboyT wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:19 pm
sikacz wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:19 am This is The Liberal Gun Club. Not the “democratic party gun club”. Voting or belonging to the democratic party is not a prerequisite for being here. No shaming list needed. 2016 I held my nose and voted for hillary, 2020 I left it blank.
Thank you, sikacz, and you are quite correct. This is not the Democratic Party Gun Club. I couldn't bear to vote for the racist Hillary Clinton, and I stated my reasons why in 2016. I am a Liberal, not a Democrat.
tonguengroover wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:35 am There was a sense of urgency last election to vote the democratic ticket all the way down the ballot. And there will be next time as well. If you cannot figure out why then maybe you should pay more attention to local politics , like whats going on in Az for instance or Texas and well, pretty much every state run by goopers.
Wow...what's next, you gonna borrow from Shotgun Joe Biden and say if you can't figure out why you should vote Democrat then you ain't Black??

So you don't like Republicans. OK, fine. I guess that means you must not have liked Sen. Jim Jeffords either (Bernie Sanders's predecessor). I did not see any "sense of urgency" to vote Democratic ticket all the way down the ballot, because the Democrats are bad news. Maybe you should pay attention to what the Democrats are focusing on, and it isn't your well being, but rather the well being of their big donors...which I'm guessing you ain't. Local politics, the Democrats here in VA have just taken a massive Bloomboy-funded dump on the 2A and are just itching to make VA like Cuomo's New York State. Ugh. Same in nearly all the Democrat-controlled counties and cities in this State; 2A freedoms are now seriously curtailed because the D's got rid of statewide preemption. Look at what happened with last year's riots in Democrat-controlled states and cities across our nation. Democrat-controlled school boards are actually hurting education in their districts, certainly mine...all for bullcrap political pseudo-reasons, not because it would actually help the public (it doesn't). The D's ain't your friends, unfortunately, as they've repeatedly shown.


It might have helped in VA if some of those seats that went to Dems actually had an opponent..how many of those D's ran unopposed?? 30?

BUT neither are the trumplicans..If the mar-a-lago mussolini was gone, and the trump-lite wannabes shown as the idiots they are..I think there are real advantages to the GOP. Not many, certainly not in social issues but...trump the traitor has bastardized the GOP...
When bloomie boy beto ran for senate he blew it by increasing his bought and paid for anti-gun messaging in Texas. At the time I wondered why harp on a losing issue in Texas, later found out whose pocket he was in, bloomie's. I suspected as much, but proof came after the election loss.
Image
Image

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: Biden renews call for AWB, mag ban, UBCs, ERPOs, repeal of PLCAA

64
CowboyT wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:19 pm
sikacz wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:19 am This is The Liberal Gun Club. Not the “democratic party gun club”. Voting or belonging to the democratic party is not a prerequisite for being here. No shaming list needed. 2016 I held my nose and voted for hillary, 2020 I left it blank.
Thank you, sikacz, and you are quite correct. This is not the Democratic Party Gun Club. I couldn't bear to vote for the racist Hillary Clinton, and I stated my reasons why in 2016. I am a Liberal, not a Democrat.
tonguengroover wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:35 am There was a sense of urgency last election to vote the democratic ticket all the way down the ballot. And there will be next time as well. If you cannot figure out why then maybe you should pay more attention to local politics , like whats going on in Az for instance or Texas and well, pretty much every state run by goopers.
Wow...what's next, you gonna borrow from Shotgun Joe Biden and say if you can't figure out why you should vote Democrat then you ain't Black??

So you don't like Republicans. OK, fine. I guess that means you must not have liked Sen. Jim Jeffords either (Bernie Sanders's predecessor). I did not see any "sense of urgency" to vote Democratic ticket all the way down the ballot, because the Democrats are bad news. Maybe you should pay attention to what the Democrats are focusing on, and it isn't your well being, but rather the well being of their big donors...which I'm guessing you ain't. Local politics, the Democrats here in VA have just taken a massive Bloomboy-funded dump on the 2A and are just itching to make VA like Cuomo's New York State. Ugh. Same in nearly all the Democrat-controlled counties and cities in this State; 2A freedoms are now seriously curtailed because the D's got rid of statewide preemption. Look at what happened with last year's riots in Democrat-controlled states and cities across our nation. Democrat-controlled school boards are actually hurting education in their districts, certainly mine...all for bullcrap political pseudo-reasons, not because it would actually help the public (it doesn't). The D's ain't your friends, unfortunately, as they've repeatedly shown.
A. I know its not the democratic gun club.

B. Again, if you voted for the crazy republicans you may be a republican - see their rhetoric before and after election. There may be a couple but they will never help get the legislation we need to get this country going again and they do it to be assholes.

C. The Capitol riot. You didn't see that coming when the last guy kept saying if he didn't win the election would be stolen for YEARS!
Buy the ticket; take the ride

Re: Biden renews call for AWB, mag ban, UBCs, ERPOs, repeal of PLCAA

66
sikacz wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:03 am
F4FEver wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:03 am
CowboyT wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:19 pm
sikacz wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:19 am This is The Liberal Gun Club. Not the “democratic party gun club”. Voting or belonging to the democratic party is not a prerequisite for being here. No shaming list needed. 2016 I held my nose and voted for hillary, 2020 I left it blank.
Thank you, sikacz, and you are quite correct. This is not the Democratic Party Gun Club. I couldn't bear to vote for the racist Hillary Clinton, and I stated my reasons why in 2016. I am a Liberal, not a Democrat.
tonguengroover wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:35 am There was a sense of urgency last election to vote the democratic ticket all the way down the ballot. And there will be next time as well. If you cannot figure out why then maybe you should pay more attention to local politics , like whats going on in Az for instance or Texas and well, pretty much every state run by goopers.
Wow...what's next, you gonna borrow from Shotgun Joe Biden and say if you can't figure out why you should vote Democrat then you ain't Black??

So you don't like Republicans. OK, fine. I guess that means you must not have liked Sen. Jim Jeffords either (Bernie Sanders's predecessor). I did not see any "sense of urgency" to vote Democratic ticket all the way down the ballot, because the Democrats are bad news. Maybe you should pay attention to what the Democrats are focusing on, and it isn't your well being, but rather the well being of their big donors...which I'm guessing you ain't. Local politics, the Democrats here in VA have just taken a massive Bloomboy-funded dump on the 2A and are just itching to make VA like Cuomo's New York State. Ugh. Same in nearly all the Democrat-controlled counties and cities in this State; 2A freedoms are now seriously curtailed because the D's got rid of statewide preemption. Look at what happened with last year's riots in Democrat-controlled states and cities across our nation. Democrat-controlled school boards are actually hurting education in their districts, certainly mine...all for bullcrap political pseudo-reasons, not because it would actually help the public (it doesn't). The D's ain't your friends, unfortunately, as they've repeatedly shown.


It might have helped in VA if some of those seats that went to Dems actually had an opponent..how many of those D's ran unopposed?? 30?

BUT neither are the trumplicans..If the mar-a-lago mussolini was gone, and the trump-lite wannabes shown as the idiots they are..I think there are real advantages to the GOP. Not many, certainly not in social issues but...trump the traitor has bastardized the GOP...
When bloomie boy beto ran for senate he blew it by increasing his bought and paid for anti-gun messaging in Texas. At the time I wondered why harp on a losing issue in Texas, later found out whose pocket he was in, bloomie's. I suspected as much, but proof came after the election loss.

Money talks in politics and many other occupations. Democrats suck up to donors just like Republicans, the Kochs aren't the only bad boys. Beto wasn't a political realist, he played the media circuit based on his good looks, but taking Bloomberg money and advocating for an AWB did him in.

2020 was about blocking Trump from another 4 years and Biden was the only real choice. Trump poisoned his own path to reelection talking of fraud and rigged elections and it hurt his own side. I voted for Biden but not a straight Democratic ticket, one of my legislative reps is an independent and his voting record shows it and I vote for him. Town council and the county board are non-partisan and there are others. I don't like one party rule or super majorities in the legislature which Democrats have in CA along with a weak governor who governs by the polls.

I don't feel the need to support any party that just wants to manipulate me to support issues that are important to their donors. Close elections aren't that unusual and voters have power.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Biden renews call for AWB, mag ban, UBCs, ERPOs, repeal of PLCAA

68
featureless wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:29 am
cooper wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:20 am Beto cracks me up. How did he get popular? He reminds me of the kid in high school who thought he was super cool and walked around like he owned the place because he was the first one to get parachute pants.
Parachute pants! :roflmao:
Means you can't touch him.

CDFingers
Image
Image
.
Ain't no time to hate--barely time to wait.
Whoa-oh what I want to know is, "Where does the time go?"

Re: Biden renews call for AWB, mag ban, UBCs, ERPOs, repeal of PLCAA

70
CDFingers wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:16 pm
featureless wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:29 am
cooper wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:20 am Beto cracks me up. How did he get popular? He reminds me of the kid in high school who thought he was super cool and walked around like he owned the place because he was the first one to get parachute pants.
Parachute pants! :roflmao:
Means you can't touch him.

CDFingers
Well, it ain't striker time.

Re: Biden renews call for AWB, mag ban, UBCs, ERPOs, repeal of PLCAA

71
wings wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:46 pm
CDFingers wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:16 pm
featureless wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:29 am
cooper wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:20 am Beto cracks me up. How did he get popular? He reminds me of the kid in high school who thought he was super cool and walked around like he owned the place because he was the first one to get parachute pants.
Parachute pants! :roflmao:
Means you can't touch him.

CDFingers
Well, it ain't striker time.
I see where you went with that. Nice!

Re: Biden renews call for AWB, mag ban, UBCs, ERPOs, repeal of PLCAA

73
A. I know its not the democratic gun club.

B. Again, if you voted for the crazy republicans you may be a republican - see their rhetoric before and after election. There may be a couple but they will never help get the legislation we need to get this country going again and they do it to be assholes.

C. The Capitol riot. You didn't see that coming when the last guy kept saying if he didn't win the election would be stolen for YEARS!
[/quote]

trump the traitor first used that in 2015 when he lost the Iowa caucus, started yelling voter fraud..I mean, how could Adolf Donnie lose anything, right?
Except the
2016 popular vote
2020 popular vote and general election
The House in 2018
The Senate in 2020

trump would look best in a hospital basement with a toe tag.

Re: Biden renews call for AWB, mag ban, UBCs, ERPOs, repeal of PLCAA

74
I also know it's not the Democratic Gun Club. And I find that to be a pretty condescending thing to say.

I know long-timers here feel the need to keep the moat filled and the drawbridge up to keep out the Dems who think they're 2A supporters because they have a 28 gauge over-under for pheasants and don't understand why anyone needs anything else. I get that. But it's condescending nonetheless. I can't speak for others, but I know part of why I came here was that I feel out of sync with Democrats on a lot of issues.

And yeah, I voted Biden last time because I felt I had to. I didn't do it because he was pro-2A. I know where he stands. I did it because Tr*mp needs to be opposed on every level. 2020 was way more important than 2016. 2016 could have just been a jack ass move. The huge amount of support that the MAGAt movement had in 2020 and after confirms the grim path we are on.

I also firmly believe that my vote was a very pro-2A thing to do in a very twisted long-term roundabout way. See, when we become a fascist state there will still be plenty of guns (and truncheons)--they just won't be in the hands of citizens. The 2A will be a distant memory, as will the rest of our civil rights. And no, I wasn't smart enough to be thinking that at the time, but what's happened since the election has convinced me of it.

Also, the implication that I vote Democratic because I'm blind to them as neoliberalcorporatistracistelitistneofascists is also tiring. I think long and hard and anguish over my votes, as I hope everyone does. None of this shit is easy right now.

Anyhoo, state your mind. Vote your way. Be excellent to one another.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests

cron