Ted Cruz brings lawsuit demanding Trump be able to pay himself back millions he gave to his campaign

President Donald J. Trump and First Lady Melania Trump disembark Air Force One Wednesday, Aug. 7, 2019, at El Paso International Airport greeted by Texas Governor Greg Abbott, Senators John Cornyn and Ted Cruz, and El Paso Mayor Dee Margo. (Official White House Photo by Shealah Craighead)
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) is further attempting to prove he's pals with Donald Trump after launching a lawsuit appealed to the Supreme Court that Trump and other candidates should be able to pay themselves back the millions of dollars they use to self-fund their campaigns.

Trump loaned his campaign $10.8 million in 2015, and by March 2016, he'd given his campaign $38 million. Trump even went so far as to claim that he was willing to spend as much as $100 million of his own money to win in 2016. He didn't ultimately give that much officially, but it was certainly a lot, particularly given the hush-money payments uncovered.

Cruz claims that the McCain-Feingold Law violates the First Amendment by limiting to $250,000 fundraising to repay loans a candidate makes to his or her own federal campaign.

JUST IN: Federal Election Commission is appealing to #SCOTUS a 3-judge court's ruling that McCain-Feingold law violates 1st Amendment by limiting to $250K fundraising to repay loans candidate makes to own federal campaign. Suit brought by
@SenTedCruz
. Doc:
https://www.rawstory.com/ted-cruz-dona ... p-lawsuit/

Money is not free speech. Teddy is just using this so he can suck money out of his own campaign, while sucking up to TFG. Before TFG can suck money out of his campaign he needs to be forced too pay all the overdue bills his campaign has with interest , especially to the state and local governments he stiffed for security and facilities.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Ted Cruz brings lawsuit demanding Trump be able to pay himself back millions he gave to his campaign

Stiff wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:35 pm Ted and tfg should suck each other.
I suspect that a metaphor for half of that happened on a regular basis. Lots of folks accused ol' Flyin' Ted of having an orange-brown stain on his lips, perhaps that was part of why he grew that awful beard.
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

Re: Ted Cruz brings lawsuit demanding Trump be able to pay himself back millions he gave to his campaign

After Teddy's win at the DC Circuit, the Federal Election Commission said it was appealing that decision to SCOTUS. Gerstein's twitter is the FECs notice of appeal from the district court not the circuit court. Why is Cruz suing for Trump?

I didn't think the reporting could get any worse on Raw Story but it has, it's become a gossip column not a news source.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:34 am After Teddy's win at the DC Circuit, the Federal Election Commission said it was appealing that decision to SCOTUS. Gerstein's twitter is the FECs notice of appeal from the district court not the circuit court. Why is Cruz suing for Trump?

I didn't think the reporting could get any worse on Raw Story but it has, it's become a gossip column not a news source.
That's easy...cruz is all about giving trump the traitor any reach around he can give him...