BUSTED: Marjorie Taylor Greene caught illegally claiming a ‘big tax break’ in Georgia

Local press in Georgia caught Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) illegally claiming a major tax break.

"A Channel 2 Action News investigation has found that Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene and her husband have two active homestead exemptions, which is against Georgia law. A homestead exemption is a big tax break any Georgia homeowner is entitled to for their primary residence. It is against the law to file for more than one," WSB-TV reported Friday.

"But Channel 2 investigative reporter Justin Gray pulled records showing that the Greenes are getting the tax break on two different homes in two different counties," the network reported.

WSB-TV had a fascinating interaction when it called the controversial Republican's office.

"In a statement, Greene's office told Gray to mind his own business and called it a 'pathetic smear' when he asked them about the homestead exemptions," the network reported. "Greene still owns a North Fulton county home, but also bought a $610,000 house in Floyd County last year in the 14th Congressional district, which she represents."
https://www.rawstory.com/marjorie-taylo ... tax-fraud/

But it was just a minor mistake. One home is for her husband, the other she lives in, when she is not in Washington with Matt Gaetz. :sarcasm:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: BUSTED: Marjorie Taylor Greene caught illegally claiming a ‘big tax break’ in Georgia

highdesert wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:54 pm It's expensive being in Congress, have to have a residence in your district or state and one in the DC area. She'll have to settle with GA on the homestead. Biden had it easy when he was a senator, he'd take the commuter train home nightly to Wilmington, DE.
The article doesn't mention where she lives in the District of Concubines area. Her Fulton County home mentioned in the article is where she lived BEFORE she bought in the district she misrepresents. The whole thing about her moving to that district to become the Representative is shady, but I know that people at all levels of government do that--move to a district to represent it. Sometimes it's a good thing, in her case, it's not a good thing.
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

Re: BUSTED: Marjorie Taylor Greene caught illegally claiming a ‘big tax break’ in Georgia

BearPaws wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:15 pm
highdesert wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:54 pm It's expensive being in Congress, have to have a residence in your district or state and one in the DC area. She'll have to settle with GA on the homestead. Biden had it easy when he was a senator, he'd take the commuter train home nightly to Wilmington, DE.
The article doesn't mention where she lives in the District of Concubines area. Her Fulton County home mentioned in the article is where she lived BEFORE she bought in the district she misrepresents. The whole thing about her moving to that district to become the Representative is shady, but I know that people at all levels of government do that--move to a district to represent it. Sometimes it's a good thing, in her case, it's not a good thing.
My rep was just outside the our district in NJ and she and her husband moved to get into it.
I always thought the BEST seat was the Northern Virginia one that Alexandria is. When the mayor back in the 80s, James Malone, got elected to Congress, he could commute in on the DC Metro!
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:46 pm
BearPaws wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:15 pm
My rep was just outside the our district in NJ and she and her husband moved to get into it.
I always thought the BEST seat was the Northern Virginia one that Alexandria is. When the mayor back in the 80s, James Malone, got elected to Congress, he could commute in on the DC Metro!
Too many of the Republican Congress Critters would never do that because they would have to be around the Hoi Polloi and have to listen to them.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,