Hello from Dallas, TX

:newhere:

Finally decided to join this club (and contribute for a year). I was an NRA member, but the current NRA disgusts me.

Currently shooting 9mm, .45ACP, .454C, 5.7x28, .50AE, 5.56, .458SOCOM, and .308 Winchester. Also reloading for almost all those calibers. Hopefully I'll be out to compete in bullseye or long-range matches at some point.

Re: Hello from Dallas, TX

senorgrand wrote:Welcome!

How do you like the 458? I keep looking at adding a 458 upper.
So far it's a lot of fun throwing sledgehammers downrange. :D It's not nearly as accurate as my bolt action, but that might improve with some handload tuning. I would suggest pairing it with a recoil-dampening stock tho, unless you like nice colorful shoulder bruises.

As for the 5.7x28, I currently pair it with an FN Five-seveN. Mainly I got it to have a .22 handgun with reasonable reloading options. Helps a lot for coaching new shooters. ;-)

kelledin wrote::newhere:

Finally decided to join this club (and contribute for a year). I was an NRA member, but the current NRA disgusts me.

Currently shooting 9mm, .45ACP, .454C, 5.7x28, .50AE, 5.56, .458SOCOM, and .308 Winchester. Also reloading for almost all those calibers. Hopefully I'll be out to compete in bullseye or long-range matches at some point.
:welcome: from the Houston area. Another wrist masochist, huh? They're not mine, but I've shot .454 Casull and .50AE and have the sprained wrist to prove it. Really fun to play with those hand cannons. Come on down to Conroe, just north of Houston, this weekend and join us for the LGC annual meeting. Info is under the Annual Meeting section.
I dearly love the state of Texas, but I consider that a harmless perversion on my part, and discuss it only with consenting adults. --Molly Ivins

if they give you lined paper, write sideways.--Juan Ramon Jimenez

BigDaddy6969 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:40 pm New member here… new to guns too… where can I find reasonably priced ammo? Geez… it’s crazy expensive!!!
Howdy! Might want to start your own intro. It makes it easier to respond.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.