Re: What Book You Reading?

Just finished "Gate Crashers" by Patrick S. Tomlinson. Entertaining and original sci-fi in a John Scalzi sort of way.
I recommend anything by John Scalzi. "Agent to the Stars", "The Androids Dream", the "Old Man's War" series, "Redshirts"...
Oh and I always have something by Sir Terry at close hand.

I'll have to dig out my copy of "Canticle" and give it a re-read. Probably should re-read Ursula LeGuin's "Left Hand Of Darkness" as well.
Always up for a re-read of L. Sprague DeCamp's "Lest Darkness Fall". One of my favorite books ever.
"I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations in examples of justice and liberality" - George Washington

Just finished listening to the audio book of Operation Nemesis: The Assassination Plot that Avenged the Armenian Genocide. Written by Eric Bogosian--he's the actor from the movie Talk Radio from the 1980s and was also the captain on Law and Order: Criminal Intent for a few years, among other things. He narrated the book, too; great voice.

Started reading Forrest Gump last night. I watched the film several times, but I never got around to reading the book. But finally I made up my mind and am not disappointed yet. The first chapters are interesting and easy to read. I suppose it will be interesting further too. And so far, the film matches the book.

Re-reading the Boney series: Arthur Upfield's set of novels about Detective Inspector Bonaparte, a half=white, half-aboriginal man who helped inspire Hillerman's Leaphorn/Chee stories on the Navajo Nation. Very much a product of its time, a mix of fascinating tracker-craft and horrifying racist descriptions, but still a worthwhile window on early-mid 20th C Australia.

e.g.:
{49201FAC-E568-4BE4-A25A-36DA4D5CE909}Img400.jpg
{49201FAC-E568-4BE4-A25A-36DA4D5CE909}Img400.jpg (29.69 KiB) Viewed 208 times
LGC #58559867
אבראהאדאברא
θέλημα Αγάπη