New here!

Hello -

I'm Krista. Not new to the weapons world, but I'm looking for like-minded people. I'm 48, mom of 3 - one is married living in Japan, one is a senior in HS, one is a freshman in HS. I work with horses way too much, I play the mandolin, and now I have added some very frequent range time into my already busy schedule. I own two dogs, three cats, I'm leasing a horse, and take care of 7 other horses. It is very interesting to me how much the mindset needed for working with horses carries over to gun safety and usage.

I'm looking to purchase my first handgun - an M&P Shield 2.0, although I use my husband's pistols and rifles. I'm looking for guidance on holsters, sights, and best practices/safety.

I'm planning on getting my CCW.

I come from a very liberal family, and we all shoot. My mother competed back in the day.

I hope to gain some knowledge, and peace knowing I don't have to be a Trump supporter or Republican to want the right thing for gun laws and upholding the 2nd Amendment.

Re: New here!

Greetings from northern California along the 40th parallel in the northern Sacramento Valley. I must admit to being a bit leery of someone who says she "owns" cats.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

o/

The Southland has its charms. You're going to have different regulatory regimes in, say, Bakersfield vs. Hollywood. "May issue" gets as little love here as the roster, or Reagan for that matter. Going to assume from the animals that you're a little more rural, and may have a more accommodating sheriff.

Lots of threads in the archives. Well worth the read.

CDFingers wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:10 pm Greetings from northern California along the 40th parallel in the northern Sacramento Valley. I must admit to being a bit leery of someone who says she "owns" cats.

CDFingers
Hi from NJ! We are "owned" by 1 head of dog and 2 head of cats!
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Welcome from Lexington KY
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Ooooh, SoCal! Welcome aboard!

Happen to be in L.A. myself and spent many years living and working in Japan. Into riding iron horses that don’t have (too often) minds of their own...

I own the first gen 9mm Shield and chose the non-safety version and can recommend that one if you plan to carry it for self defense. And it looks like an increasing possibility for individuals to get a CCW in our neck of the woods with the changing politics.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

FlyGuy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:23 am Howdy From Houston!
I think the one thing we can all agree on here is the love of our furry friends.
Which automatically makes us all anti-trumpists! (TFG hates and fears dogs, especially. The only animals he ever petted were the turkeys he pardoned.--define "Turkey" any way you like! )
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."