Rand Paul shredded in brutal CNN segment for his anti-science grandstanding and war against Fauci

On CNN Tuesday, anchor Brianna Keilar took a deep dive into the anti-science grandstanding of Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) — particularly his attacks on Dr. Anthony Fauci.

"And I quote, 'go F yourself,'" said Keilar. "Such a lovely sentiment that Senator Rand Paul's strategist tweeted about Dr. Anthony Fauci in response to Fauci giving his opinion this week on the future of masks. That they might be a, quote, 'seasonal thing.' Classy retort. Well, think of this as trickle-down semantics, because Senator Paul is also trolling Fauci ahead of another hearing appearance this morning on the pandemic, which has now claimed more than 600,000 American lives. In response to Fauci saying he's being politicized by extreme people, which is just a fact, Paul replied, 'Looking forward to tomorrow's hearing, Dr. Fauci,' passive-aggressive exclamation point there at the end."

"To be clear, Fauci is not immune from questions or scrutiny, but Senator Paul, who's an eye doctor, approaches these hearings as if they're a WWE match, only instead of titillating a witting crowd, he blows disinformation all over them," said Keilar, showing a clip of Paul's previous fight with Fauci in which he called masking "theater." "Nothing brings out Senator Paul's propensity to act like an ass like a congressional appearance by Fauci, and that's saying something. Not surprising, Paul was one of the only lawmakers who refused to wear a mask on the Senate floor at the height of the pandemic in the winter."

"He jettisoned his own beliefs about personal responsibility when he was exposed to the coronavirus early on," continued Keilar. "Knowing he was exposed to the virus, he still decided to hit up the Senate gym and do laps in the pool while he waited for his test results. That visit to the gym exposed his colleagues, many of whom are in the high-risk category, because he ended up testing positive, becoming the first senator that we're aware of to be infected."

"Like Elvis' Kentucky Rain, Rand Paul's COVID BS keeps pouring down, and it's enough to fill the swimming pool in the Senate gym," concluded Keilar.
https://www.rawstory.com/rand-paul-and-anthony-fauci/

For a person that supposedly went to Medical School, he has shown that he has forgotten just about everything he was taught.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Rand Paul shredded in brutal CNN segment for his anti-science grandstanding and war against Fauci

SubRosa wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:45 am Just the family legacy of dip-shittyness at play.

SR
Definitely a legacy, his dad Ron went to Gettysburg College and Duke for his MD. Son Rand attended Baylor but didn't finish but then went to Duke for his MD, don't know if they have legacy admissions. Ron is a libertarian and Rand is a mashup of right wing groups and yes anti-science if it suits his political interests.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Rand Paul shredded in brutal CNN segment for his anti-science grandstanding and war against Fauci

Once again I would like to apologize for the stupidity of my state for the $*@*^$#*% they have sent to the senate.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

TrueTexan wrote:Look on the bright side. We don't have both Father and Son in congress at the same time.
Ron Paul was a Quack, but at least he was a consistent “anti-state” quack. He had core values (admittedly, outdated 18th century core values). Went on and on about the Fed. Which was an argument that played out in the Washington administration. I never agreed with Ron on most things, but at least he wasn’t an authoritarian.

His son is an authoritarian bootlicker. There is no one close to a libertarian in congress as now. It’s a dead movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiker wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:02 pm Once again I would like to apologize for the stupidity of my state for the $*@*^$#*% they have sent to the senate.
I will add my voice to my friend Hiker's apology. I voted against Ran(ci)d Paul, just as I have voted against that other waste of Oxygen at every opportunity.
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

cooper wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:05 pm
Hiker wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:02 pm Once again I would like to apologize for the stupidity of my state for the $*@*^$#*% they have sent to the senate.
Thank you for being so gracious, Hiker. Unfortunately, I hail from a state that in 2010 felt that Ron Johnson was better than Russ Feingold. My deepest apologies.
I hail from WI as well...TWICE it chose Johnson over Feingold. Let's not downplay the stupidity of the Badger state. Oh, and then there's Scott Walker...

cooper wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:05 pm
Thank you for being so gracious, Hiker. Unfortunately, I hail from a state that in 2010 felt that Ron Johnson was better than Russ Feingold. My deepest apologies.
Hey, I'm from Deep Blue NJ and we elected Chris Christie--TWICE!!!!, for which I apologize, and Christine Todd Whitman, for whom I do not apologize--and is one of the 100 threatening to start a new party.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."