Ohio 18yo allegedly with AK-pattern firearm arrested in Times Square Subway Station

Man Carrying Unloaded AK-47 Rifle In Times Square Subway Station Taken Into Custody
An 18-year-old man toting an AK-47...
Probably not.
...semi-assault...
Not full-assault or quarter-assault?
...weapon around the Times Square Station Friday afternoon was taken into custody for questioning, police said.
Looks like AKs are going to be part of the narrative now.

Re: Ohio 18yo allegedly with AK-pattern firearm arrested in Times Square Subway Station

SailDesign wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:05 am Forget the nit-picking on what non-gun people try to label guns with. I thought we were over that as we cannot change it.

Focus on the fact that a POC with a gun was arrested without incident. THAT is the big story here.
I tend to stick to terms with specific definitions especially when the opposition is pushing for legislation. Yes definitions matter and no "we" are not over this. You may be, but not everyone here is.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: Ohio 18yo allegedly with AK-pattern firearm arrested in Times Square Subway Station

cooper wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:00 pm While I love sikacz's devotion to precision, I going with with lurker and SD. I just have so many other things that I'll let my boxers get twisted into a knot over before this. But yeah, if I had infinite boxer twisting capacity / tolerance, I'd definitely side with sickacz.
Have your thought to wear Jockeys or go without? :D
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

sikacz wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:10 am
SailDesign wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:05 am Forget the nit-picking on what non-gun people try to label guns with. I thought we were over that as we cannot change it.

Focus on the fact that a POC with a gun was arrested without incident. THAT is the big story here.
I tend to stick to terms with specific definitions especially when the opposition is pushing for legislation. Yes definitions matter and no "we" are not over this. You may be, but not everyone here is.
I think you need to get over journalists not knowing about guns. It is a given these days. You should see what crap they write about sailing.

I understand that legislation also contains crap terms - try teaching your congress-critters about it and ignore the journalistic idiocy for now - the legislators are more important.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

The "magazine clip" the LEOs allegedly found on him also was empty. Sounds like the mag was not in the firearm.
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

DispositionMatrix wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:48 am The "magazine clip" the LEOs allegedly found on him also was empty. Sounds like the mag was not in the firearm.
So what was going on here? Empty gun and empty magazine...
Was this the one with a gas mask? I swear people are just off their rockers.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

I'm with Sail Design here. It's honestly amazing that they didn't shoot him.
Police Commissioner Dermot Shea later tweeted a photo of the firearm that police found with the suspect, identifying it as an AK-47. Teague was charged with four counts of criminal possession of a weapon, and criminal use of drug paraphernalia.
Investigators were working to determine why the 18-year-old was there and what his intentions were, but the officers did find a loaded magazine clip in his possession, the official said. Senior law enforcement officials said Teague was visiting the city with a friend, who later went to the transit station to figure out why Teague was taken into custody.

Upon searching the hotel room where the teen was staying, police found marijuana and a bong, law enforcement sources said. Teague was carrying some sort of gas mask in his bag when he was arrested, law enforcement said, and officials are investigating whether it was actually a device that can be connected to the bong to increase the high from smoking.
Three senior law enforcement officials said Teague is the son of Andrew Teague, who was killed in a wild police chase and shootout on an Ohio highway in March. His father had been wanted for an alleged assault in February.
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/o ... s/3003397/

Don't know what was going on. Don't know what his objective was. Not particularly concerned about the marijuana allegations. Back home in Ohio, though, he would almost certainly have been shot before questioning.