Farmers refuse to cheer for Trump as he lies that he’s fighting for them to keep their land

President Donald Trump appeared in Texas Sunday to speak to the Farm Bureau conference. Among the things he promised was that he was fighting for them to have their water rights and rights to control their own land usage.

As one viewer noted, there was noticeable silence when Trump mentioned land usage. It could be due to the fact that Trump is suing in court to take the land of farmers and ranches so he can build his border wall. For some, the land has been in their family since the founding of the state of Texas.

Trump was also caught in multiple lies and twisting of the truth. He claimed that under former President Barack Obama’s administration, farmer income fell. He didn’t mention that it topped out at the highest it’s ever been, as one viewer noticed.

He also didn’t address the costs he’s forced on farmers due to his tariffs with China. While Trump provided corporate farms with multiple bailouts, those who don’t run huge farms lost a lot of money and many were even forced to file for bankruptcy. Farmer suicides also saw an increase under Trump. Thanks to Trump’s tariffs, equipment costs also significanlty increased.

None of the topics were ones Trump explained to those who deserved answers.
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/farme ... heir-land/

Trump needs to keep pushing his lies to those affected by them. Will guarantee that he loses the election.

Every time he goes before a crowd people need to start singing the First line of the Beatles song I’m a Loser only change it to you’re a loser.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Farmers refuse to cheer for Trump as he lies that he’s fighting for them to keep their land

Most farmers are still clinging to MAGA hope. I don't know if he has lost a lot of farmer support, but I doubt it.

Desperation and the demagogue seem to be found in history books together.

3 reasons farmers hurt by the U.S.-China trade war still support Trump
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/economy/3- ... port-trump

"Although farmers have lost billions of dollars in exports, China’s strategy hasn’t created the intended effect, with surveys of farmers continuing to show strong support for the president."
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Re: Farmers refuse to cheer for Trump as he lies that he’s fighting for them to keep their land

Trump has given about $28 billion -- about double the cost of the 2009 auto bailout [under Obama]-- to farmers hurt by the Chinese tariffs. The payments aren't meant to make up for their total losses, but it's helping bridge the gap.

"We'd rather have trade than aid. But it's been a godsend to have that, otherwise things would look pretty ugly," said Kimberley.
A recent survey found that farmer sentiment is higher than it has been since 2016 and the US Department of Agriculture projected that farm income will be up 10% this year, to the highest level since 2014. But without government payments, which are expected to be up 64% in 2019, farm income would have actually shrunk. The agricultural sector has been struggling for years. In 2016 farm income, without the subsidies, fell to just half of what it was three years before.

Trump's aid payments are a lifeline, but they're not saving everyone. Farm bankruptcies are up 24% compared to the year before, according to the American Farm Bureau. "The latest round of trade aid to farmers provides critical support," said Farm Bureau President Zippy Duvall in a statement this week, adding that a "further delay in reaching an agreement would make it hard for struggling farmers to hold on in the face of rising bankruptcy rates."
Pennsylvania farmer Bill Boyd said he supported Trump's trade war originally, when he thought it would be wrapped up in a few months. But now that it's dragged on, he thinks it was a "bad idea."

"I think he's backstabbing the main people who got him into office in all those Midwest states who help to vote him in," Boyd said, but added that it's likely he will vote for Trump again. "Unless they (Democrats) come up with a better alternative, I am going to vote for him again," he said.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/07/politics ... index.html
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Stiff wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:13 pm I think he can be another spammer hoping that his post will be buried over several pages of outrage, then edit in the spam link.
possible. we've had a whole lot of evangelion-named spammers lately. but i expect spammers to try to stay below the radar. we'll see.
Last edited by lurker on Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

lurker wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:45 pm
Stiff wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:13 pm I think he can be another spammer hoping that his post will be buried over several pages of outrage, then edit in the spam link.
possible. we've had a whole lot of evangelion-named spammers lately. but i expect spammers to try to stay below the radar, we'll see.
He’s trying a different strategy, because the previous one doesn’t work. Instead of laying low, trigger a shitstorm so his post is lost in it.
Glad that federal government is boring again.

CDFingers wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:32 pm
I never knew.

Now I know how to promote my plumb bob-adjusting business. So grateful.

CDFingers
Are you going to string us along? Are you plumb loco?
:lol: :roflmao:
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

CDFingers wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:32 am Lemme level with you: it's not a job where you can just hang around. You have to let them know you know what you're doing. Once that's past, straight on 'till morning.

CDFingers
I'm on the bubble, but I'm swinging ... don't want to be dead weight!

Albert Alligator: Where are the children?
Pogo Possum: Eatin'
Albert: Eaten? Who did it this time?
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

It could be due to the fact that Trump is suing in court to take the land of farmers and ranches so he can build his border wall.
He's not suing, he sued some landowners when he was POTUS or attempted to use eminent domain. I wouldn't read that much into their response, some of the biggest farms that suffered from the China tariffs were in Iowa and Iowa went bright red in November.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

My dad knew this guy had a card saying he was a licensed plumb bob adjuster. He'd go to bars that competed with his and my dad's bar, and he'd start rumors that he was going to put in an alligator farm on that lot down the street, build a drive through massage parlor, lease out the old car wash and put in a rock crusher. Had a gold tooth he said grew in 'cause he never put his tongue in the hole when he lost it. Guy was a riot.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

CDFingers wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:38 pm My dad knew this guy had a card saying he was a licensed plumb bob adjuster. He'd go to bars that competed with his and my dad's bar, and he'd start rumors that he was going to put in an alligator farm on that lot down the street, build a drive through massage parlor, lease out the old car wash and put in a rock crusher. Had a gold tooth he said grew in 'cause he never put his tongue in the hole when he lost it. Guy was a riot.

CDFingers

:lol:

Truly a "Florida Man!". Did you see the one about the guy who has a certified support alligator named "Wally"? Guy's nuts. No matter HOW calm an alligator is, and they are definitely THE most sanguine of all the crocodilians, one bad day and someone is REALLY hurt. Besides, what happens to Wally when he grows from 50# and 4' long to 500# and 12' long, long after the guy is pushing up dirt?

Well, when I was a kid my dad bought an alligator baby (1957) and named it Albert and a turtle named Churchy laFemme, and we built a fish pond in the back yard for them. Albert got hit on the head by a hailstone and drowned, so he never got bigger than eating bits of hamburger. Churchy lived until we moved. Won a duck at the fair, named her Daisy. My dad liked the comics.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack