Re: Biden to nominate David Chipman to head ATF and unveil executive actions

Worst of it:
  • <=30 days until DoJ comes up with a rule either declaring firearm parts are firearms or requiring background checks on parts that are not firearms anyway--both in contravention of GCA68.
  • <=60 days until DoJ is to "issue a rule " based on an arbitrary set of criteria by which it can NFA AR-/AK-pattern pistols that have braces.
  • <=60 days until designed-to-be-abused "model" red flag laws to be published for both US and state legislatures by DoJ.
  • Giffords consultant nominated to head the ATF.
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

Yeah, my blood pressure is rising. I’m going to cool off a bit and sit back. I know what stupid does. It won’t help fight against reps in 2022 or 2024. It won’t address the underlying causes of violence. I’ll add government stupidity as an underlying cause to the normal list. Address root causes assholes.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Chipman's AMA on Reddit from a year ago:
https://np.reddit.com/r/politics/commen ... fight_gun/
–]David_Chipman 12 points 1 year ago
Yes. While at ATF I conducted studies involving people who failed background checks to determine how many later committed crimes with a gun—many did. This is a perfect opportunity to arrest people before committing crimes rather than responding after the fact. CNN even reported on this: https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/21/us/gun-f ... index.html
[–]David_Chipman 7 points 1 year ago
ERPOs (red flag) laws in 17 states and states that require licensing appear to prevent gun crime. Based on my time at ATF, requiring a background check for every gun sale at a licensed gun dealer would have the biggest impact on gun violence and largely disrupt interstate firearms trafficking.
[–]David_Chipman -101 points 1 year ago
At Waco, cult members used 2 .50 caliber Barretts to shoot down two Texas Air National Guard helicopters. Point, it is true we are fortunate they are not used in crime more often. The victims of drug lords in Mexico are not so lucky. America plays a role in fueling the violence south of the border.
ETA archive link, just in case: https://archive.is/3awlK

featureless wrote:Oh goodie. An anti-gun activists as the head of the ATF. Fuck.
One may as well put David Duke in charge of some sort of commission on hate crimes or civil rights. It would be just as biased.

The “guidelines” on “Red Flag” laws are the beginning of legal firearm ownership being restricted to those deemed to be politically reliable for the oligarchy and its two right-wings. Simply being seen at a DSA meeting or BLM rally could get someone “red flagged” (and perhaps extrajudicially executed by a Derek Chauvin type due to his “fear for his life”).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I have been saying for some time now that America only has one party - the property party. It's the party of big corporations, the party of money. It has two right-wings; one is Democrat and the other is Republican."
-Gore Vidal

7N6Wolf wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:37 am
featureless wrote:Oh goodie. An anti-gun activists as the head of the ATF. Fuck.
One may as well put David Duke in charge of some sort of commission on hate crimes or civil rights. It would be just as biased.

The “guidelines” on “Red Flag” laws are the beginning of legal firearm ownership being restricted to those deemed to be politically reliable for the oligarchy and its two right-wings. Simply being seen at a DSA meeting or BLM rally could get someone “red flagged” (and perhaps extrajudicially executed by a Derek Chauvin type due to his “fear for his life”).

Simply posting on this forum...

Nationwide in 2017, about 25.6 million firearm-related backgrounds checks were processed through the FBI's National Instate Background Check System and about 181,000 or about 1 percent of the attempted purchases were denied because the individual was prohibited from possessing a firearm under federal or state law.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 213216002/

Chipman says those who lie on the 4473 should be prosecuted, but there are limited numbers of prosecutors and they have priorities. Sure some "liars" will go on to commit crimes Chipman didn't give details on types of crimes - misdemeanors, violent felonies....

Biden will nominate Chipman and then we'll see how many senators line up against him. The hearings should be interesting. EOs and ATF regs can be challenged in courts, there is the recent case of bump stocks. There is also the Congressional Review Act that allows the House and Senate to overturn federal regulations.

All this won't help Democrats retain the House where they have a slim majority and need those purple districts. And it won't help them keep the Senate.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

7N6Wolf wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:37 am

I'm glad someone else is saying this because I was thinking the exact same thing but wanted to make sure I didn't sound like a conspiracy theorist. There's definitely NOT enough mainstream discussion of how all this policy is going to just put more BIPOC in jail and give law enforcement discretion to arrest activists.

Well Biden has already raised Kemp's approval rating up 17 points this week. Might as well see how much higher it can go talking about gun control. I honestly have given up on worrying about Biden. Every time Biden says anything, Manchin reminds him who is actually running the show. How far do you think Manchin is going to go with Guns? Tester in Montana? Biden is weak and being obstructed by his own party. It's should be embarrassing.

Sorry Kemp approval up 15 points with Reps.
EAT,SLEEP,RANGE,REPEAT

7N6Wolf wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:37 am The “guidelines” on “Red Flag” laws are the beginning of legal firearm ownership being restricted to those deemed to be politically reliable for the oligarchy and its two right-wings. Simply being seen at a DSA meeting or BLM rally could get someone “red flagged” (and perhaps extrajudicially executed by a Derek Chauvin type due to his “fear for his life”).
2020 showed us pretty clearly, we already live here. Wrong example though. Breonna Taylor.

DispositionMatrix wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:40 am Chipman's AMA on Reddit from a year ago:
Yes. While at ATF I conducted studies involving people who failed background checks to determine how many later committed crimes with a gun—many did. This is a perfect opportunity to arrest people before committing crimes rather than responding after the fact. CNN even reported on this: https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/21/us/gun-f ... index.html
ERPOs (red flag) laws in 17 states and states that require licensing appear to prevent gun crime. Based on my time at ATF, requiring a background check for every gun sale at a licensed gun dealer would have the biggest impact on gun violence and largely disrupt interstate firearms trafficking.
At Waco, cult members used 2 .50 caliber Barretts to shoot down two Texas Air National Guard helicopters. Point, it is true we are fortunate they are not used in crime more often. The victims of drug lords in Mexico are not so lucky. America plays a role in fueling the violence south of the border.
My favorite quote of his was that he wants to arrest people before they commit crimes. He must be trying out for Minority Report 2.

NegativeApproach wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:08 am
DispositionMatrix wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:40 am Chipman's AMA on Reddit from a year ago:
My favorite quote of his was that he wants to arrest people before they commit crimes. He must be trying out for Minority Report 2.
Appears so, disturbing. Hollywood fantasy again.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.