Re: How many have been vaccinated?

Yes, congrats Wino! Second dose of Pfizer for me had less side effects than the 1st dose. Recently went back to my favorite Mexican restaurant and I forgot how good comfort food tastes after it's been denied for so long. I relished every bite.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:52 pm Yes, congrats Wino! Second dose of Pfizer for me had less side effects than the 1st dose. Recently went back to my favorite Mexican restaurant and I forgot how good comfort food tastes after it's been denied for so long. I relished every bite.
Congrats Wino! Welcome across the bridge.

What's a "restaurant"?
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:17 pm
highdesert wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:52 pm Yes, congrats Wino! Second dose of Pfizer for me had less side effects than the 1st dose. Recently went back to my favorite Mexican restaurant and I forgot how good comfort food tastes after it's been denied for so long. I relished every bite.
Congrats Wino! Welcome across the bridge.

What's a "restaurant"?

:lol:

In my rural area a lot of restaurants have closed during the pandemic. I've still tried to patronize them by ordering take out to give them some business. And I was tired of my own cooking. If cases start going up here I'll pull back into my hole.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I've been to three restaurants in 13 months - one March 2020 just as SHTF; two in March 2021 - both returning from obtaining my two CV19 shots, three weeks apart . Both had mask requirements upon entry and if away from table. All personnel had mask - or I would have walked. Fuck Greg Abbott. Under normal circumstances i usually eat out in sit down restaurants once weekly - otherwise I prepare all my meals at home - I do not do fast food - albeit a delivered pizza on occasion. Since CV19 - 99% of meals have been in house prepared or plates from friends and neighbors that had get togethers which I did not attend. I took CV19 seriously.

I have turned down two 2021 Easter weekend gatherings, one a large mixed age crowd and one a small crowd of careless assholes (a couple of turd supporters). In two weeks I will have my first guest to home for lunch in almost a year. They and I will have had both shots. They will be scanned for temp at entry. I can't afford for Jake to get sick !!

Stay healthy all !!
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

I'm 29 hours into Moderna vaccination number two. Definitely more injection site discomfort than the first round, also running a bit of fever for the last 8 hours.

One interesting side effect for me is a heightened sense of taste and smell today, thankfully not in a bad/nausea inducing way. Looking forward to a possible 100 mile overnight trip to west-central Wisconsin in 3 weeks; I haven't left the state of MN since March of 2020 .

Reports are that 90 miles north of LA there are Pfizer doses going un-taken because...anti-vaxx trumpists. We're DESPERATE for Pfizer here in NJ. My 16 year old is, under state rules, eligible to get vaccinated (he has asthma, though milder than when he was little). But only Pfizer is approved for 16 year-olds. Moderna and J&J are for 18 and up.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:33 am Reports are that 90 miles north of LA there are Pfizer doses going un-taken because...anti-vaxx trumpists. We're DESPERATE for Pfizer here in NJ. My 16 year old is, under state rules, eligible to get vaccinated (he has asthma, though milder than when he was little). But only Pfizer is approved for 16 year-olds. Moderna and J&J are for 18 and up.

It wouldn't surprise me, Kern, Kings and Tulare are very red counties, a map of CA rate by county in the linked article. I got my first dose in a red area of my county, there were a lot of appointments then, it's since changed. Surprised my county is below the state average, they've opened up a lot of centers.

New York State is vaccinating down to 16 year olds so they must have Pfizer. Any family in New York that your son could be "staying with" or friends there?
https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavirus ... 72249.html

highdesert wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:48 am
YankeeTarheel wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:33 am Reports are that 90 miles north of LA there are Pfizer doses going un-taken because...anti-vaxx trumpists. We're DESPERATE for Pfizer here in NJ. My 16 year old is, under state rules, eligible to get vaccinated (he has asthma, though milder than when he was little). But only Pfizer is approved for 16 year-olds. Moderna and J&J are for 18 and up.

It wouldn't surprise me, Kern, Kings and Tulare are very red counties, a map of CA rate by county in the linked article. I got my first dose in a red area of my county, there were a lot of appointments then, it's since changed. Surprised my county is below the state average, they've opened up a lot of centers.

New York State is vaccinating down to 16 year olds so they must have Pfizer. Any family in New York that your son could be "staying with" or friends there?
https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavirus ... 72249.html
I have a brother in Northern Westchester--but he and his wife really had to struggle to get just a Moderna shot--had to go all the way to the Bronx to get it. And they are both 70. (they searched for appointments for weeks--their 22 year old daughter got them appointments after just 2 hours after they turned it over to her!)

NJ is open to 16 year old kids getting vax, too. But no Pfizer.

I became fully vaccinated on Easter! Pfizer with NO effects. As for the "paint gun" injectors, I remember them from 1975 when I ran a gauntlet of them in Basic Training getting a full battery of inoculations for just about everything. You didn't want to flinch otherwise you'd end up with a nice scar.
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".

As of 3/31 Indiana allows 16+ year olds to get vaccinated. My daughter is 19, so she can get any vaccine. Like me, she’s signing up with a Kroger pharmacy because they allow online scheduling. She started looking on Thursday last week, got her shot this morning in a red county, as expected. She was the only one getting the vaccine despite a dozen seats made available. I’m not too surprised.
Glad that federal government is boring again.

JColville wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:24 am I became fully vaccinated on Easter! Pfizer with NO effects. As for the "paint gun" injectors, I remember them from 1975 when I ran a gauntlet of them in Basic Training getting a full battery of inoculations for just about everything. You didn't want to flinch otherwise you'd end up with a nice scar.
:thumbup:
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

JColville wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:24 am I became fully vaccinated on Easter! Pfizer with NO effects.
Congrats JColville, glad you didn't have any side effects.

Stiff wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:21 pm As of 3/31 Indiana allows 16+ year olds to get vaccinated. My daughter is 19, so she can get any vaccine. Like me, she’s signing up with a Kroger pharmacy because they allow online scheduling. She started looking on Thursday last week, got her shot this morning in a red county, as expected. She was the only one getting the vaccine despite a dozen seats made available. I’m not too surprised.

Congrats to your daughter. I'm hoping that eventually people in those red areas will recognize that they are interacting every day with people who have been vaccinated and those people are healthy because of the vaccine.

featureless wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:47 pm
sig230 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:27 pm days to go until Pfizer #2.
Who's counting, eh? :)
My sister, brother-in-law and myself have already said that we will go to a restaurant for the first time since slightly before Christmas 2019 about 16½ days from now.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

One of my favorite restaurants just fell off my list. Neighbors said they went last week - no mask required, no social distancing - jam packed in waiting area and inside. Said most wait and staff masked, but two not. Their waitress was masked. I would have walked just seeing wait area. Damned shame - they have a killer chicken fried steak.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

highdesert wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:21 pm Congrats to your daughter. I'm hoping that eventually people in those red areas will recognize that they are interacting every day with people who have been vaccinated and those people are healthy because of the vaccine.
I’m not holding my breath. It is more likely for them to think that Covid is a ‘scamdemic’ after all when they don’t fall ill.
Glad that federal government is boring again.