Re: Signed up from Phoenix Area

K9s wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:44 pm Welcome!

Got any guns? What do you shoot?
I've got a few. Currently working on finishing my .300 Blackout pistol build. Waiting to find some more .50 Beowulf ammo so I can go break that build in. Then struggling to decide which caliber of bolt action to pick up next. Head says 300 Win mag, but my poor impulse control is pushing me towards 6.5 Creedmoor. My heart is telling me .338 Lapua Magnum, but my wife keeps vetoing it. I love .338 LM.

I haven't seen .50 Beowulf ammo in stock for nearly a year. Best of luck on that.

If you love the 6.5 C, then go for it. It is a fine round. If you just want to shoot paper, why go 300 Win Mag? Go with what you want and will shoot. This is a hobby, after all.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

sig230 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:22 pm Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Usta live on East Thomas at 44th. It was all orange & date groves then.
I think it's all cement and houses now. Last time I saw any orange groves was heading towards Mesa.
K9s wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:24 pm I haven't seen .50 Beowulf ammo in stock for nearly a year. Best of luck on that.

If you love the 6.5 C, then go for it. It is a fine round. If you just want to shoot paper, why go 300 Win Mag? Go with what you want and will shoot. This is a hobby, after all.
I love collecting so I end up with a bunch of stuff. I am thinking of getting back into hunting and 300 Win Mag seems like a good all around caliber for larger game. That's the only reason it has been competing with 6.5 Creedmoor for me.

SubRosa wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:56 pm Welcome from a bit to the south.

S u b R o s a
Thanks!

sikacz wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:52 pm Welcome! Anything made by Finns is a must, go for the Lapua .338 Magnum.
It's my favorite round to shoot!
UtahGuy202 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:41 pm Greetings! I'm originally from Phoenix. I moved away 7 years ago.
Moved here in 2012. Hoping to be leaving by the end of this year!
YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:10 pm Hi from NJ. I went with .308.
Have that in my AR-10. Bit heavier to pack around hunting than I want.
K9s wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:08 pm Why not get one of each? I seem to end up doing that anyway. :)
Wife won't let me buy a whole lot more until we move.
wings wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:51 pmo/
\o

K9s wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:26 pm Phoenix has grown immensely over the decades. Is that why you are leaving?
We originally moved here on a whim. Got a job offer for something I didn't apply for. Since we've been here it has expanded rapidly and the cost of housing has climbed beyond what we want to pay. On top of fairly stagnant wages for my wife and my professions. I also sat on a water board some years back out of curiosity. The wells are drying up and with the weather it's speculated that they won't get back to appropriate levels to support the growing population.

We want to move to greener pastures. Somewhere that has affordable housing that I can ranch sheep, yak, chickens, and other stuff on.

Evergreensh wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:21 pm
K9s wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:26 pm Phoenix has grown immensely over the decades. Is that why you are leaving?
We originally moved here on a whim. Got a job offer for something I didn't apply for. Since we've been here it has expanded rapidly and the cost of housing has climbed beyond what we want to pay. On top of fairly stagnant wages for my wife and my professions. I also sat on a water board some years back out of curiosity. The wells are drying up and with the weather it's speculated that they won't get back to appropriate levels to support the growing population.

We want to move to greener pastures. Somewhere that has affordable housing that I can ranch sheep, yak, chickens, and other stuff on.
Yak? Those are pretty expensive versus cattle.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt