Izaak Walton League ranges in Oregon

Well plainly the wildfire season has put a crimp on range practice in general, but as I was poking around in the LiberalGunOwners reddit, I came across a post about the Izaak Walton League.

https://www.reddit.com/r/liberalgunowne ... on_league/

I'd never heard of them before. I searched these forums and I see that they've been mentioned in the past. I'm wondering if their presence in Oregon is well-received here, and also if the chapters closer to Portland (Silverton and Venonia) are active or not? Just trying to get the lay of the land. I went to the Eugene chapter's site and it said, "due to high demand, no further memberships will be granted." That's kind of extraordinary. It makes me wonder if that's a gauge of an uptick in lefty interest in learning to use firearms?

Re: Izaak Walton League ranges in Oregon

HuckleberryFun wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:18 pm Last year, LGC Oregon hosted the LGC Western States Roundup at the Izaak Walton League range. Some LGCers are members there and the range staff were friendly to us (especially since we volunteered for some range cleanup work). It’s a nice range.
Is the only range in Eugene? On their website, there's contact info out toward Vernonia, but I haven't reached out...
“This aggression will not stand, man.” — The Dude

Re: Izaak Walton League ranges in Oregon

Saganesque wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:25 pm
Fruankmo119 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:07 amSpam.
??
we occasionally get spammers who post links to things which have nothing to do with the forum. if you see one such as mr dodoro07, you can click the exclamation point and report it to admin, who will come along in time and delete it or neuter their link. you can hover over their link, but do not click it. sometimes they're creative, write amusing little stories, or make a minimal effort to be relevant. note that spammers and trolls are not the same thing, though both are horrid, loathsome, disgusting creatures. spammers are a curious breed, annoying but generally just trying to earn a pittance. i make it a hobby to spot and report them. my high score is 3 in 1 night. trolls, on the other hand, get some perverse pleasure from the sound of their own keyboards and the annoyance they cause others. some sort of mental illness, self-loathing i suspect.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?