Question for Bay Area peeps

An old friend of my spousal critter recently moved to Point Richmond. Stalking the area on Google Maps, I see the Chevron Rod and Gun club is just up the road. Is that still an operating range, or is it defunct? Just curious...
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Re: Question for Bay Area peeps

I have never heard of that range. Possibly a private/company range on the Chevron property.

However, they will be just a few miles from the Richmond Rod & Gun Club, which many of us frequent for various kinds of shooting activities.
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

spara wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:18 pm There is a Chevron range near there that's closer to the bay, but I think it's either closed or private.
That's the one I saw on Google Maps. I was just wondering if it was private or closed *and* private. I was assuming the latter, but on the satellite photo it didn't look very overgrown, which interested me.

I live 800 miles away, so it matters very little to me either way!

It finally occurred to me to try Google Maps Street View. In that image, the gate is open and people are standing in the shelter at the firing line, so I guess the range is still operating. Must be a perq of working at Chevron.