Re: Western liberal militia?

As a mostly lurker and drive-by poster, might I point the OP and you other fine folks in the direction of your local CERT chapter?

While it’s not a militia, it is a group dedicated to helping. Decent training, neighborhood based, officially designated as reserve fire (at least here in Los Angeles).

It’s a good way to be involved and helping out when things go bad. Not the same a banging it out against bad guys, but really important work. You’ll be there when the fire dept or FEMA can’t.

You’ll learn a lot, and meet a lot of people you wouldn’t otherwise.

Just know that as reserve fire, you can not be armed when you are responding as CERT (fire department doesn’t shoot people).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Brown Gun club would probably qualify as a left wing militia.

So would parts and aspects of the Black Panthers.

My question to those who nay-say the concept of a left wing militia, would your opinion change if Bloomberg/Biden/Harris are able to remove the individual right to bear arms?

Harris doesn't (or at least didn't) believe that Heller v. DC or McDonald v. City of Chicago were good decisions. I happen to vehemently disagree, and I'd hope that others on here do as well.

So, since she doesn't appear to believe in the individual right to bear arms, if she becomes president at some point (which isn't outside of the scope of reason), she may have some say on the matter.

If she manages to remove the individual right to bear arms, what would you do then?

Forming a militia to keep your own firearms may be a tactical requirement at some point, so I wouldn't be so quick to slam the door on the idea. If we have to form a trust to own an NFA item, which was legal pre 1968 GCA/1934 NFA, then we may also have to consider that a militia may be the only way that we will be allowed to keep our currently owned firearms under a Biden/Harris administration.

Since the OP question skirts the issue of the second amendment, I will point out this is a second amendment supporting club. The second amendment is not about the right to hunt, it’s about the right and ability to defend oneself, one’s family and also one’s community. It also skirts the appropriateness of the 1934 NFA, which in my personal opinion should be repealed.

Also, let’s not drag this thread to become another thread on this election’s candidates. We have enough of those already. However, no, I would not be supportive of any administration that tried to remove the people’s ability to defend themselves.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

NegativeApproach wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:28 am John Brown Gun club would probably qualify as a left wing militia.

My question to those who nay-say the concept of a left wing militia, would your opinion change if Bloomberg/Biden/Harris are able to remove the individual right to bear arms?
They can't. Just like Trump can't repeal climate change. Next question.

sikacz wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:26 am It also skirts the appropriateness of the 1934 NFA, which in my personal opinion should be repealed.
IANAL, but I think it's unconstitutional. Private citizens were allowed to own the largest weapons of war available at the time of the Constitutions's ratification: ships armed with cannon. How is that consistent with "you're not allowed an SBR?"
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Buck13 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:38 pm
sikacz wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:26 am It also skirts the appropriateness of the 1934 NFA, which in my personal opinion should be repealed.
IANAL, but I think it's unconstitutional. Private citizens were allowed to own the largest weapons of war available at the time of the Constitutions's ratification: ships armed with cannon. How is that consistent with "you're not allowed an SBR?"
I think “weapons of war” is exactly what the second refers to, a M16 or whatever the current standard. Bans and restrictions go against the nature of the intent.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

wings wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:51 am
NegativeApproach wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:28 am John Brown Gun club would probably qualify as a left wing militia.

They can't. Just like Trump can't repeal climate change. Next question.
Sure they can.

I'm not saying its extremely likely, but its definitely possible. Just like many of the things that people are afraid Trump will do aren't likely, but possible.

I carry a gun daily because of those extremely unlikely possibilities. I believe in being prepared. I assume that's the MO of most of the people on this board, so its good to talk about those sorts of unlikely scenarios, right?

You can't just stick your head in the sand when a candidate that many are claiming they'll vote for has said that the affirmation of the individual right to bear arms is a wrong SCOTUS decision.

lurker wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:31 pm which is exactly why LGC exists. meanwhile, there's reality to deal with.
The reality is that you're planning on voting for a candidate who doesn't believe in the individual right to bear arms.

She will make efforts to restrict your right to bear arms. She will infringe upon the 2nd amendment.

Those are realities.

How will you deal with that?

As opposed to a candidate who is attacking ALL our rights, including 2A? (and don't kid yourself, anyone armed who isn't a "Proud Boy" or that ilk will face the same fate as Michael Reinoehl--no trial, no arrest, just shot dead and the "report" filed filled with lies--Trump told us so when he said they didn't intend to arrest him...(meaning they always intended to kill him). As for Kyle Rittenhouse, you can be sure any Federal charges against him will be dropped and he'll be pardoned.

You are far more likely to lose your 2A rights under a man who has NO respect for the law and the Constitution, than under a Biden / Harris who DO respect both...and if the SCOTUS overrules them on guns, they will respect that. Trump will not. He's even said seize guns without due process and he'll pardon the cops who do it. When someone tells you who he is, BELIEVE HIM!

Consider that.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

how? i'll tell you to go fuck yourself, troll, and rely as we all do on the conservative supreme court to strike such legislation down if it can even get passed in the first place, just as we always have. meanwhile i wont have to deal with a lying, cheating, grifting, corrupt, socipopathic, immoral, veteran-dissing, pussy-grabbing, senile,,,,, the list goes on and on, and i tire of typing. have a nice day back in your cave, troll!
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

lurker wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:28 pm how? i'll tell you to go fuck yourself, troll, and rely as we all do on the conservative supreme court to strike such legislation down if it can even get passed in the first place, just as we always have. meanwhile i wont have to deal with a lying, cheating, grifting, corrupt, socipopathic, immoral, veteran-dissing, pussy-grabbing, senile,,,,, the list goes on and on, and i tire of typing. have a nice day back in your cave, troll!
Freaking really? Great response ... yeah, not so much.

*my comment is about the infantile shouting down of dissenting opinion
Last edited by ZenArcade on Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NegativeApproach wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:50 pm
lurker wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:31 pm which is exactly why LGC exists. meanwhile, there's reality to deal with.
The reality is that you're planning on voting for a candidate who doesn't believe in the individual right to bear arms.

She will make efforts to restrict your right to bear arms. She will infringe upon the 2nd amendment.

Those are realities.

How will you deal with that?
By obeying the law.

It really is that simple.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

I did not vote for Trump I will not vote for someone who scares the crap out of me so that I can continue to bear arms.

If a Biden Harris administration has enough clout to repeal the second amendment, which I deem highly unlikely. Then I will avail myself of the first amendment till I am blue in the face but I do not see the sense in voting for someone who so painfully obviously makes the need for the second amendment evident so that I have the second amendment.

To put it simply Donald Trump's reign has me afraid that unmarked Van's are coming to "restore law and order" and me and mine might be on that list. So I cannot cast a ballot to say yeah great let's see more of that because I might get to keep my gun right up until the point that they come for me as a registered Democrat.

I think Joe Biden is a reasonable person who can be talked to. If we make enough noise we can be heard as far as infringing the second amendment goes. To me that's a lot better bet.

And we can vote him out and fix it if 4 years from now we need to I trust that Biden/Harris would leave peacefully... I cannot say the same of the guy who will not so pledge.

Rossifan1782 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:35 pm I did not vote for Trump I will not vote for someone who scares the crap out of me so that I can continue to bear arms.

If a Biden Harris administration has enough clout to repeal the second amendment, which I deem highly unlikely. Then I will avail myself of the first amendment till I am blue in the face but I do not see the sense in voting for someone who so painfully obviously makes the need for the second amendment evident so that I have the second amendment.

To put it simply Donald Trump's reign has me afraid that unmarked Van's are coming to "restore law and order" and me and mine might be on that list. So I cannot cast a ballot to say yeah great let's see more of that because I might get to keep my gun right up until the point that they come for me as a registered Democrat.

I think Joe Biden is a reasonable person who can be talked to. If we make enough noise we can be heard as far as infringing the second amendment goes. To me that's a lot better bet.

And we can vote him out and fix it if 4 years from now we need to I trust that Biden/Harris would leave peacefully... I cannot say the same of the guy who will not so pledge.
A reasoned response w/out name calling that I can get behind. I didn't vote for Trump the first time around and didn't this time. Not that I need to state it, but I voted for Biden. That said, I did it fully holding my nose. He's an idiot, just not Trump. I'm also not a "everything is fine" type, ignoring the lobster in the boiling pot. I'm down w/ prioritizing, but to simply count on a steady Republican majority in the Senate/conservative majority in the Supreme Court to maintain my 2nd amendment rights is naive. If there are members here that don't support the 2nd amendment, or are cool w/ watering it down so much that it's irrelevant, fine I suppose. Just please don't shout down others because they aren't your type of woke.

If it wasn't for the pandemic, I would start a book club right now. It would be great. We could work our way through various vintage military manuals like FM 3-25.26 or the various offerings from Dept of the Army you can find on Amazon or in any good surplus store. Then we could have a camp out once a month to socialize and demonstrate practical skills from the various books. Maybe even find a nice cozy spot we could practice a little marksmanship. :sarcasm: :yahoo:
Never smile too big, the gods may mistake it for hubris.

Rossifan1782 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:35 pm I did not vote for Trump I will not vote for someone who scares the crap out of me so that I can continue to bear arms.

I'm not buying the fear mongering on either side... Trump is not Stalin or Hitler. He's not organized, smart, determined, or disciplined.

He's an idiot. People give him way too much credit.

Trump can't pull off anything without it getting challenged in court and losing. Biden and Harris will be able to.

That's the back door trojan horse that violates our rights that I'm actually afraid of.

Trump is a clown. He's not scary. His followers are idiots, and while I won't dismiss the nationalist populism, the solution isn't a center right plutocrat.

Those that are hanging their hat on Biden are going to be sorely disappointed. And our 2A rights will be infringed upon.

Sorry if some people on here want to shoot the messenger. Their anger just shows that they are trying to live with the cognitive dissonance of their choices.

NegativeApproach wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:07 pm

I'm not buying the fear mongering on either side... Trump is not Stalin or Hitler. He's not organized, smart, determined, or disciplined.

He's an idiot. People give him way too much credit.

Trump can't pull off anything without it getting challenged in court and losing. Biden and Harris will be able to.

That's the back door trojan horse that violates our rights that I'm actually afraid of.

Trump is a clown. He's not scary. His followers are idiots, and while I won't dismiss the nationalist populism, the solution isn't a center right plutocrat.

Those that are hanging their hat on Biden are going to be sorely disappointed. And our 2A rights will be infringed upon.

Sorry if some people on here want to shoot the messenger. Their anger just shows that they are trying to live with the cognitive dissonance of their choices.
I’m not shooting the messenger, neither are some others here. Not everyone here votes or will vote for biden and that doesn’t mean they will vote trump either. A few more weeks, I’m trying very hard to just chill and let things go. If you voted already, great, just let people’s positions go. This is not “The Democratic Gun Club”, even though there are many democrats here. Too many of these discussions turn toward accusations of who one is or is not voting for. It’s time to let this play out, but don’t generalize in thinking everyone is on the democratic biden train. Some of us are not, and that doesn’t mean we’re on the trump train either.