Hello from Houston* Texas!

(*actually the suburbs southeast of Houston, but still in Harris County)

Excited to find a group of folks who (broadly at least) match my views on politics and gun ownership.

Grew up with guns (started going to the range with my dad at ~12), and when my wife and I bought our first house last year we also got a handgun (M&P 9mm full size) for home defense. Hoping to get out to the range again once things get safer here w/r/t COVID but that seems to be pretty far in the offing.

Anyway, excited to join!

Re: Hello from Houston* Texas!

Howdy from the West side of Houston!

We in Houston are very active as far as meet-ups go. When things settle down we all need to get together. There is a range that splits the distance between you and I. I think it called Agis Arms. It used to be a branch of Full Armor Firearm, but they sold it off last year sometime. Really nice facilities.
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

Nice, I'd be down. I hear Athena and Top Gun are good too, but I've only been to the Clear Creek outdoor range and the Arms Room locally.

I like Clear Creek because it's real low-tech, but even with it being outside I'm trying to stay out of Galveston County with how lax they've been with covid.

Welcome to the Houston contingent! Top Gun is an indoor one I liked, prior Covid. It doesn’t look promising for a group meetup at the moment. Welcome again!

I’m near the downtown med center...

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Yeah as much as I'd like to go, I don't think I'll be willing to attend a meetup until either a vaccine comes out or the numbers go way down. I'm hoping that time comes sooner rather than later, but I'm mentally preparing to stay in this pseudo-quarantine mode probably through the end of next year.

GPNM wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:37 pm Yeah as much as I'd like to go, I don't think I'll be willing to attend a meetup until either a vaccine comes out or the numbers go way down. I'm hoping that time comes sooner rather than later, but I'm mentally preparing to stay in this pseudo-quarantine mode probably through the end of next year.
Yes. Our Texas Chapter meetups are on hold for as long as it takes. Hopefully it won’t be another year, but I’m waiting as well. Mean time, get to know everyone.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

GPNM wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:40 pm Is there a thread or the like for the Houston area folks?
There's a members section for the Texas Chapter. I think one needs to be a paid member to see some of those sections. I forget if it's a minimum of $5 or $10 a year to be a member. There's not much activity due to Covid though, but that and our FB members page is where events would be posted or inquiries to meetup.

GPNM wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:52 pm I already paid my membership fee. I actually did that before I knew the forums existed.

I'll ask for access once I get 10 posts.
Contact an admin if you are not seeing the chapter pages. Things are not automated and the club staff is pretty much voluntary as far as I know. :beer2:

GPNM wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:59 pm Southeast edge of Harris county. But Houston is easier to tell people who aren't familiar with the area.

Also, you're right. I DO need a 1911 lol.
Don’t believe lurker, you need a CZ. LoL.