Man shoots 3 people at Louisville restaurant

I guess Louisville is the new hot spot for shootings lately.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/three-men-kil ... 3bf9a.html

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Joe Bishop was still in disbelief the day after three customers were killed in a shooting at his restaurant, Bungalow Joe’s Bar and Grill.

"I didn't think I'd be scrubbing blood off my patio on a Saturday morning," Bishop told WDRB News. "I thought I was getting ready for everybody to watch the ballgame."

Play Video
spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster
↑↓volume mmute
←→seek . seek to previous12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60%
Bishop said he had just gone to sleep when he got a call around 11:15 p.m. Friday from one of his managers about a shooting at the restaurant. When he got to the scene, one of the victims had been rushed to a hospital, and two others were lying on the patio. According to Bishop, it was a normal Friday night at Bungalow Joe’s when a man walked up to the restaurant and shot three customers, all men, who were sitting in the patio area at point-blank range.

"Nobody had ever seen this guy before," Bishop said, referring to the shooter. "It was a totally random act."

Joe Bishop, owner of Bungalow Joe’s Bar and Grill
Joe Bishop, owner of Bungalow Joe’s Bar and Grill on Beulah Church Road

The men did not exchange words "at any point in time" before the shooting, according to Bishop.

"Social media is full of people saying this happened and that happened and wanted to get political with it; there was nothing political about what happened," he added.

Louisville Metro Police officers responded to the bar, located on Beulah Church Road, around 11:30 p.m. Two of the men who were shot, Toreon Jermaine Hudson, 26, and William Scott Smallwood, 48, were pronounced dead at the scene, according to the Jefferson County Coroner's Office. The other victim, Steven Matthew Head, 24, died from his injuries at University Hospital.

Michael E. Rhynes Jr., 33, was arrested just after midnight Saturday after police found him crawling in brush near the restaurant, according to Rhynes' arrest report. Police said Rhynes' clothing matched the clothing of the suspect caught on video and that he had a handgun loaded with several rounds that were manufactured by the same company that made the shell casings found at the scene.

Michael E. Rhynes Jr.
Michael E. Rhynes Jr. (Courtesy of Louisville Metro Corrections)

Rhynes faces three counts of murder and is scheduled to be arraigned in court on Monday. His bond was set at $2 million, according to the Louisville Metro Corrections online booking log.

"Why? Why?" Bishop asked. "I mean, I could understand if there was an altercation, but why?"

A GoFundMe has been created to help cover the victims' funeral expenses. Outside Bungalow Joe’s on Saturday, members of the community created a memorial for the men, who Bishop said worked together. One of the men was his manager's fiancé. Smallwood was his dear friend.

Memorial for shooting victims at Bungalow Joe’s Bar and Grill
A memorial was created Saturday, Sept. 19, 2020, for the men shot and killed at Bungalow Joe’s Bar and Grill on Friday, Sept. 18, 2020.

"Very first customer I had in the place," Bishop said of Smallwood. "Well liked by everyone. Didn't have an enemy in the world. He was a regular; he was a fixture here. Every time you came up here, there was a good chance Scott was going to be here."

In all his years in business, Bishop said he's had to call the police to Bungalow Joe’s just one time. He said the sign above the door best describes his restaurant — a family grill and pub.

"They're my family," he said. "My customers, my employees — they're just all my family. And when they hurt, I hurt."
EAT,SLEEP,RANGE,REPEAT

Re: Man shoots 3 people at Louisville restaurant

The first shooting was reported just before 11:30 p.m. Friday in the 7800 block of Beulah Church Road, where Seventh Division officers found three victims, Louisville Metro Police spokeswoman Alicia Smiley said. The three men had "sustained varying gunshot wounds," and two of them were pronounced dead at the scene, Smiley said. The third victim was rushed to University of Louisville Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, Smiley added.

The Jefferson County Coroner's Office later identified the victims as Steven Matthew Head, 24; Toreon Jermaine Hudson, 26; and William Scott Smallwood, 48, all of Louisville. Police did not provide additional details about what led to the shooting, which reportedly occurred outside Bungalow Joe's Bar and Restaurant.

The owner of the restaurant, Joe Bishop, created a GoFundMe to raise money for funeral expenses and support the families of the victims. Bishop wrote on the GoFundMe page that a "lone, deranged gunman indiscriminately shot and killed 3 customers" at his restaurant.

One of the victims was the fiancé of the restaurant's manager, and all three victims knew each other from work, according to Bishop.
A Louisville man was arrested in connection with the shooting on Beulah Church Road, according to police.

Michael E. Rhynes Jr., 33, was charged with three counts of murder, according to online court records, which indicated he was being held in Louisville Metro Corrections on a $2 million bond ahead of a Monday arraignment hearing.
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/n ... 837693002/

The shooting was reported at 11:30 pm and the suspect was arrested a 12 am, wonder how random it was. The three of the victims worked together, work related shooting? The owner quoted wasn't there when it happened.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan