Re: New gunsmith here!

Bay area! I'm around Livermore.

I started with caliber conversions and rebarreling savages. Glocks are always easy. Got good at CZ's, and now I hand fit 1911's. It's more hobby than anything... I'm, well, slightly left of liberal, so I didn't get along too well at Calguns.

A lot of CZ enthusiasts here too. Some say they are too many... communists!

:welcome:
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

wings wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:32 pm o/

More the merrier! You have several of our core constituencies covered. Now we just need your thoughts on Medicare and wheelguns-for-all. Or was that the other way around?
I am a staunch Medicare for all supporter :)

I actually haven't dove too far into wheel guns! Repaired a few very old single actions, but nothing modern. I'll need to give that a go once covid slows and stores restock.

Welcome from Lexington KY
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Here's a rock a put together... It started as a GI, so I cut the frame for a Wilson beaver tail. First time I cut a frame, so I didn't want to chop up something nice. :)

As to the rem/remage, I haven't done much 700 work. But the remage thing tends to be doable at home. The 700 turns me off because of the barrel interface, it's not diy friendly. I just tend to lean towards savage. Howas are next on my list though!
Attachments
20200801_120017.jpg

Me too!!! I'm Army, can strip a 1911 and rebuild; my combat commander sear is silky and ounces.
I just got a couple of wheelies: both 70s era: a cute S&W model 43 that needs a rthumbpiece and screw, and a Colt Agent that needs a LOT of work. I am now going to learn wheelies.
I live in San Diego, and used to work at a gun store back in the 80s when we were being killed in the streets.
I want to start a Left-Wing Gun Store, with lessons for self defense, home protection, and paper punching.