Re: LGC BULLSEYE CLUB MATCH #21 NOW OPEN

Merle wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:38 am
Bucolic wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:35 am The 21st Bullseye match has come and gone. There were only three shooters. I will post the results later this week.

I am sure that the lack of participation is due in large measure to the Covid-19 pandemic. However, until things return to normal, I am suspending the Bullseye matches. With apologies to those who have shot the last few matches, it is just not worth continuing them until some sense of stability returns.

When I took this on, I did so temporarily, pending Paco's imminent return. He has not come back. I hope that he is well and otherwise engaged. Simply put, with the meager turnouts over the last year or so, I have lost my enthusiasm. If anyone would like to take over administering the matches, I would be happy to pass on the mantle.

Bucolic
thanks for the update - and all your hard work in the past. :thanks:
Thanks for all you did on these, Bucolic!

I joined up a little too late to get into this round, but look forward to taking last place in future events.

Bucolic wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:35 am The 21st Bullseye match has come and gone. There were only three shooters. I will post the results later this week.

I am sure that the lack of participation is due in large measure to the Covid-19 pandemic. However, until things return to normal, I am suspending the Bullseye matches. With apologies to those who have shot the last few matches, it is just not worth continuing them until some sense of stability returns.

When I took this on, I did so temporarily, pending Paco's imminent return. He has not come back. I hope that he is well and otherwise engaged. Simply put, with the meager turnouts over the last year or so, I have lost my enthusiasm. If anyone would like to take over administering the matches, I would be happy to pass on the mantle.

Bucolic
I've been giving this some thought. I'd be willing to coordinate the next Bullseye Match. I'd be happy to sit the matches out and coordinate instead. My targets are not looking ready for prime time yet anyway.

Bucolic, if you're still interested in passing this on, just let me know what's involved.

Everyone else, if you've got ideas on how to keep this going during the pandemic, let me know. I know range access is likely the major obstacle for most.

cooper wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:31 pm

Bucolic
I've been giving this some thought. I'd be willing to coordinate the next Bullseye Match. I'd be happy to sit the matches out and coordinate instead. My targets are not looking ready for prime time yet anyway.

Bucolic, if you're still interested in passing this on, just let me know what's involved.

Everyone else, if you've got ideas on how to keep this going during the pandemic, let me know. I know range access is likely the major obstacle for most.

perhaps stretching the time limit out a bit? I know that several times I got knocked out because of thunderstorms - or high heat and humidity. usually when I fiddled around until the last minute, so perhaps some extra time.....

also, I really liked the even handed matches - perhaps bring them back too?

thanks for your consideration... :beer2:
Merle from PA

Thanks, Merle. There’s not much to pass on. I can email you the instructions ( Word format and the target PDFs. I can also email you the results from the recent matches.

We would need to sort out the email
address to which scores are sent. We may need help from shinzen on that. That’s about all.

I still need to post the most recent results. Sorry for the delay.

Let me know what you decide.

I have some thoughts on how to raise participation. Because so many threads come through many people may not be aware of of the bullseye match or some might be intimidated because they think it is too advanced a level. So maybe sending out an email (the moderators could help with this) to make everybody aware of this going on and explaining how fun and informal it is might help.

Pomme wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:15 pm I have some thoughts on how to raise participation. Because so many threads come through many people may not be aware of of the bullseye match or some might be intimidated because they think it is too advanced a level. So maybe sending out an email or a PM (the moderators could help with this) to make everybody aware of this going on and explaining how fun and informal it is might help.

Bucolic wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:06 am Thanks, Merle. There’s not much to pass on. I can email you the instructions ( Word format and the target PDFs. I can also email you the results from the recent matches.

address to which scores are sent. We may need help from shinzen on that. That’s about all.

Hey Bucolic, it was actually me, cooper, who's offering to coordinate this. Can you send all that via private message or do you need my email?

Best, cooper.

Merle wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:56 pm perhaps stretching the time limit out a bit? I know that several times I got knocked out because of thunderstorms - or high heat and humidity. usually when I fiddled around until the last minute, so perhaps some extra time.....

Merle, thanks for suggestion. I think longer time frame is a good idea. I'm very new to all this, what's an even handed match?

Pomme wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:15 pm I have some thoughts on how to raise participation. Because so many threads come through many people may not be aware of of the bullseye match or some might be intimidated because they think it is too advanced a level. So maybe sending out an email (the moderators could help with this) to make everybody aware of this going on and explaining how fun and informal it is might help.
Thanks, Pomme. I agree. I'll do my best to get the word out.

cooper wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:44 pm
Merle wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:56 pm perhaps stretching the time limit out a bit? I know that several times I got knocked out because of thunderstorms - or high heat and humidity. usually when I fiddled around until the last minute, so perhaps some extra time.....

Merle, thanks for suggestion. I think longer time frame is a good idea. I'm very new to all this, what's an even handed match?
This:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48827

I'm definitely interested in playing on that one.

cooper wrote:
Bucolic wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:06 am Thanks, Merle. There’s not much to pass on. I can email you the instructions ( Word format and the target PDFs. I can also email you the results from the recent matches.

Hey Bucolic, it was actually me, cooper, who's offering to coordinate this. Can you send all that via private message or do you need my email?

Best, cooper.
Hey cooper. I’ll need your email address. PM it to me. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At long last, results! Sorry to have taken so long.

Rimfire iron:
First place - A tie. Maxwyatt and Tiredize - 270 Ruger Mk III target and Browning Medalist, respectively
Runner Up - Danhue a hair behind at 268 Browning Buckmark
Honorable mention - merle S&W kit gun

Rimfire glass:
First place - Tiredize - 269 S&W model 46
Runner up - merle - 228 Ruger Mk II

Centerfire Iron:
First place - Tiredize - 246 S&W model 19
Runner up - merle 160 S&W 631
Honorable mention - danhue Beretta 92 FS

Centerfire glass:
First place - merle 161 Dan Wesson .357 10 inch

It's been fun. I hope someone picks this up. Good shooting, everyone.

bucolic

Bucolic wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:34 am At long last, results! Sorry to have taken so long.

Rimfire iron:
First place - A tie. Maxwyatt and Tiredize - 270 Ruger Mk III target and Browning Medalist, respectively
Runner Up - Danhue a hair behind at 268 Browning Buckmark
Honorable mention - merle S&W kit gun

Rimfire glass:
First place - Tiredize - 269 S&W model 46
Runner up - merle - 228 Ruger Mk II

Centerfire Iron:
First place - Tiredize - 246 S&W model 19
Runner up - merle 160 S&W 631
Honorable mention - danhue Beretta 92 FS

Centerfire glass:
First place - merle 161 Dan Wesson .357 10 inch

It's been fun. I hope someone picks this up. Good shooting, everyone.

bucolic

thanks for all your hard work! :clap2:
Merle from PA

Bucolic wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:47 am Hey cooper. I’ll need your email address. PM it to me. Thanks!
Done. Thanks to Bucolic for running these matches. I'll take a stab at keeping the Bullseye match running. Give me a short bit to get this together and we'll aim for starting something before the end of the month. Still open to ideas--appreciate the ones posted so far. I know it's a challenge for folks to get to the range during the pandemic, but hopefully this will provide a little "social distance friendly" amusement for those who can find a place to shoot.

Best,
cooper

My suggestion to simplify the match would be to combine the iron and glass categories. I don't believe a red dot makes precision shooting any easier. I believe it's more like an equalizer to help those whose sight is declining. The match results here and elsewhere seem to bear that out. (In speed shooting I do think they're an advantage.) In exchange, perhaps we could still submit multiple entries, one per gun, or for the same gun in different configuration (like a red dot), or stance (one-handed vs. two-handed).

Also perhaps the "no do-over" requirement is a perverse incentive to wait until the last minute to run the match, at the risk of missing the deadline. I know I sometimes run a practice round, in match conditions, and end up with a decent score, thinking I could submit it, but a) the rules say we can't really do that, and b) there's always the chance I could do better in a next trial. Why not just send the best match result over the match period?

Bucolic wrote:The next LGS Bullseye Club Match (#21) opened on Sunday, March 1, 2029 and will close roughly three months later on Sunday, May 31, 2020. This will be a two-handed match shot from 50 feet. The Bullseye Club rules can be found below.

While the choice of targets within the constraints laid out in the rules is up to you, and many options are available, we have crafted some custom targets for use in these matches. Note that they are NOT official NRA targets and they should NOT be used in NRA-sanctioned events. Regardless of the targets you use, if you are printing downloaded targets, please make sure that they conform to the target norms. How do you know if the target conforms? Measure the diameters of the 4-ring on the B3 style target and the 6-ring on the B2 style target. They should measure approximately 7.3 and 8.3 inches, respectively. If they do not, check to see if your printer is scaling the PDFs before printing them. Also note that the 6 ring on the B3 style LGC targets may be slightly truncated on the right and left margins, depending on your printer. Judge for yourself if you think this is acceptable. PDFs of the LGC targets follow below.

The LGC Bullseye Club Rules 2020.pdf

Targets:
BB_black.pdf
BB_red_bull.pdf
BB_green_red_bull.pdf
BBB_black.pdf
BBB_red_bull.pdf
BBB_green_red_bull.pdf

A NOTE TO NEWBIES: These matches are open to all and have been ongoing for several years. Anyone can enter. Scoring is on the honor system. There are no prizes but the consensus of long-term participants is that practicing for and shooting these matches improves one's skills. So GET OUT THERE AND SHOOT!

Your humblest servant,
Bucolic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk