Re: Lets talk some games

What is everyone playing?

I just bought a second controller and Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz for the PS4...hopefully the girls will play with me. I'm thinking of getting Civilization VI for my aging laptop. I used to play II and III long ago. Good time wasters.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

senorgrand wrote:I have RDR2 -- never started it though. Always something else to do...maybe not anymore.
The story mode will last you a loooooong time. My friends and I played RDR Online for quite a while until the content and ran dry and got monotonous.

These days we've somehow picked up Call of Duty Modern Warfare. Cool stuff. The gun mods are best and fairly accurate.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

LGC Texas - Vice President

I've been playing World of Tanks for the last couple years.

If anyone likes civilization building/ancient warfare - Rome:Total War is an "old" game but the graphics are still really good and I used to play it tons. Need to get back into it one of these days.
If liberals interpreted the Second Amendment the way they interpret the rest of the Bill of Rights, there would be law professors arguing that gun ownership is mandatory. - Mickey Kaus, The New Republic

i'm playing elder scrolls:oblivion, which i've always considered inferior to both morrowind and even skyrim. i'm scrupulously avoiding the main quest, still avoiding weynon priory and joffrey, still carrying the amulet of kings. i'm trying to do everything else first except thieve's guild and dark brotherhood, and skipping over a couple of the daedric quests. i'm archmage, working my way up through the fighters guild, have visited every place i can find, well over a million gold.

so i have enchanted items with cumulative chameleon score of 110, which means i can pretty much walk up to anything and cut it down without it defending itself, and there's a weird side effect, maybe my video card can't handle it. doors are very slow to open, butterflies are frozen in space, and magical auras are very slow to dissipate. i can level six or seven more times at which point i may as well start the main quest. i should be able to rampage through oblivion gates with impunity. might get boring, we'll see.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

I splurged and bought myself a private server for Fallout 76. I'm no longer being pestered by 8-year-olds.

Now I'm being bugged by some of the mechanical quirks of Fallout 76. You can't sell or break-down ammunition, which is a real pain. On the plus side, you automatically have access to all the recipes for ammunition. I've decided that I'll focus on building a couple of bolt action rifles in different calibers and a couple SMGs in different calibers and just try to use-up everything I'm scrounging. Simo Häyhä-style.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

I like three types of games: Flight Simulations -civilian and military, especially WWI and WWII, racing simulations- right now that is Project Cars 2, although I still occasionally boot up NASCAR Racing 2003 Season (best hardcore racing sim ever), first person shooters. In this last category, I'm old school. I still love the original Rainbow Six, Rogue Spear, and Ghost Recon series, but I've played the newer ones too.
"The last thing right-wing nuts, fascists and haters want is liberals owning guns and knowing how to use them." - Wise Liberal

I've gotten sucked in to Elder Scrolls Online. The way that it emphasizes story oriented quest lines so much, and because of the way different players in the same location can see different things, I have concluded that this is a Massively Single-player Online RPG.

I'm having a lot of fun with it, though.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

I’m a big fan of Civilization, been playing since Civ1 on my IBM 386. It was game called City of Heroes/City of Villains that got me playing MMOs. I got into Starwars Galaxies as they were shutting it down, was one of the first to touch the servers when StatWars the Old Republic released. Played WoW for years. Met some amazing people, all over this hemisphere and and in other places around the world too. Still friends with many of them even though decades have gone by. A small group of us, from Michigan, Indiana, Virginia and North Carolina still get together at least once a year. It’s been hard for me to get back into gaming with the job taking up so much time, but recently I’ve really enjoyed The Divison 2 and Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice on PS4. Looking forward to Anthem’s remake on PC too. Warframe is pretty intense as well. I’ve really only had time for Hellblade recently. I play a couple ours a week, tops. Great story, you got to wear headphones 🎧 if you play. She’s schizophrenic, the voices add so much to the game. It’s supposedly short, 13hrs or so. But being on sale for $20+, it’s pretty fun, gorgeous graphics and gruesome.

https://youtu.be/fBJ0ifVtK5c

Might have to log in for age verification.
To learn, you must be willing to challenge what you currently hold to be true. :crazy:

Myat wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:07 am I’m a big fan of Civilization, been playing since Civ1 on my IBM 386. It was game called City of Heroes/City of Villains that got me playing MMOs. I got into Starwars Galaxies as they were shutting it down, was one of the first to touch the servers when StatWars the Old Republic released. Played WoW for years. Met some amazing people, all over this hemisphere and and in other places around the world too. Still friends with many of them even though decades have gone by. A small group of us, from Michigan, Indiana, Virginia and North Carolina still get together at least once a year. It’s been hard for me to get back into gaming with the job taking up so much time, but recently I’ve really enjoyed The Divison 2 and Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice on PS4. Looking forward to Anthem’s remake on PC too. Warframe is pretty intense as well. I’ve really only had time for Hellblade recently. I play a couple ours a week, tops. Great story, you got to wear headphones 🎧 if you play. She’s schizophrenic, the voices add so much to the game. It’s supposedly short, 13hrs or so. But being on sale for $20+, it’s pretty fun, gorgeous graphics and gruesome.

https://youtu.be/fBJ0ifVtK5c

Might have to log in for age verification.
I got into SWtOR for awhile, it was good but, I just don't have a computer that could be labeled a gaming computer so I haven't played it in a long time

I've been playing some Post Scriptum. It's a squad based multiplayer WW2 FPS by the same studio that did Squad a few years ago (its basically the same game just WW2 and with some simplifications). ~70 player servers with fairly long matches, generally the squads and teams have good cooperation and people use voice coms well. Highly recommend it if you're into those types of games.

I only got into gaming as physical therapy after a brain injury.
The therapist said it would be good for hand-eye coordination and it was.

It was also great fun, 24yrs later I'm still at it.
Mainly racing sims now, haven't seen a flight sim that could hold a candle to the DOS based EF2000, prettier, slicker ones but nothing for realism.
My old 486 ran it no problems.
Might have to build another and get back in the air.🤔

I do like a good FPS, COD, MOH etc but l prefer open world titles like Far Cry and the ever fascinating, for me at least, GTA V online, the only 3rd person game I like.

Yes there are many fools online but when you get a crew of people together who can think tactically and not just run riot like headless chickens, it can be excellent.

Today F1.
Best I could manage in the 2014 Mercedes was 1.16.168 at Interlagos and 153.177 at Spa, both in the dry.

I'm limited to what I can run on my PS3, my games desktop had a terminal run in with H2O while being stored when I was moving.
I've been squirreling away the pennies with the plan of getting a PS5 and the VR gear to match, recently hinted at being released this Nov.
Fidelis ad mortem

Gaznazdiak wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:42 am I only got into gaming as physical therapy after a brain injury.
The therapist said it would be good for hand-eye coordination and it was.

It was also great fun, 24yrs later I'm still at it.
Mainly racing sims now, haven't seen a flight sim that could hold a candle to the DOS based EF2000, prettier, slicker ones but nothing for realism.
My old 486 ran it no problems.
Might have to build another and get back in the air.🤔

I do like a good FPS, COD, MOH etc but l prefer open world titles like Far Cry and the ever fascinating, for me at least, GTA V online, the only 3rd person game I like.

Yes there are many fools online but when you get a crew of people together who can think tactically and not just run riot like headless chickens, it can be excellent.

Today F1.
Best I could manage in the 2014 Mercedes was 1.16.168 at Interlagos and 153.177 at Spa, both in the dry.

I'm limited to what I can run on my PS3, my games desktop had a terminal run in with H2O while being stored when I was moving.
I've been squirreling away the pennies with the plan of getting a PS5 and the VR gear to match, recently hinted at being released this Nov.
just a suggestion but, I wouldn't get the new system right away. its kind of like new games, they rush out the systems and there are going to be all kinds of bugs and stuff in the programming. I normally give it a couple months if not a little longer so they can get patches and what not to get the system to where it should be. Unless of course you can find an amazing deal you can't pass up.