Hey hey from Indiana

Hello!

Very happy to find a community like this. Looking forward to browsing through the forum, chatting with you all and hopefully making some events once the current situation changes. I’ve been going by Myat for quite some time, it’s my gaming handle. Looking forward to meeting you!

Re: Hey hey from Indiana

Hello!

I bought my first handgun just a few months ago. Got a HKvp9sk and loved it! So much that I went right back out and bought a sig p365 SAS too. Loved that as well, but after a few months of shooting 9mm, decided I needed a 45, so I picked up a HK45c. That was just about a month ago, been loving it as well. Thought I’d like to get a Sig P220 10mm, butttttt my bank account is begging me to slow down a bit. Ends up, guns are just as addictive, if not more, than tattoos. Looking to join a local shooting club and keep the good times rolling, but this virus is making everything a bit more complicated. I work in healthcare and there just isn’t much time for anything else at the moment.

I still like to play video games from time to time. My son lives over seas and he’s all about games. He’s a math wiz and wants to create/code games, his dream job. So it’s a good subject to keep us talking and on the same page. I love Division 1 and 2. Haven’t played Anthem for a while, but I really liked it. Little buggy, but I hear they are going for a complete make over soon. Been playing Hellblade recently though, mostly just for the story and Viking references. Again, time has been a scarce commodity recently.

With all the work, I’ve been getting the paychecks too though. Been paying off student loans as quickly as possible, setting some aside in case family/friends run into some financial troubles with all that is going on, but also hoping to buy my first AR. Got a buddy out in Colorado who went to school for gun smithing. He’s been filling my head with the joys of long rifle shooting. With the weather changing, I’m getting the itch.

How about you? What you shooting and what ya playing?

CZ P-07
Glock 17 Gen5
Springfield 911
Ruger PC Carbine (heavily modded)
Self built AR-15 in 223 Wylde
Ruger 10/22
Heritage Rough Rider
And just added a Ruger American bolt action rifle in 308win

Last games I really got into were the Assassin's Creed and Far Cry series on XBOX 360, so that should tell you how up I am on modern gaming. Btw, SNES is still the best console ever built. Fight me.

Edit: and welcome from sunny South Florida!
Last edited by kronkmusic on Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kronkmusic wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:01 pm CZ P-07
Glock 17 Gen5
Springfield 911
Ruger PC Carbine (heavily modded)
Self built AR-15 in 223 Wylde
Ruger 10/22
Heritage Rough Rider
And just added a Ruger American bolt action rifle in 308win

Last games I really got into were the Assassin's Creed and Far Cry series on XBOX 360, so that should tell you how up I am on modern gaming. Btw, SNES is still the best console ever built. Fight me.

Edit: and welcome from sunny South Florida!
Oh my! I can’t really argue against the SNES! Was my favorite version of Metroid, Super Mario Bro’s was amazing fun. There was even a version Civilization for the SNES. No fighting from me.

I’m also interested in the .223 Wylde chambering. Hoping to get a build together soon. Seems like a wise choice and efficient too! You got a lot of fun posted there, quite envious! Looking forward to meeting a few people this summer and hopefully getting the chance to shoot a variety of different rifles, learn about the parts and figure out what I want.

lurker wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:43 pm now you need a 1911.
i'm currently playing oblivion: level 35, have not started main quest yet.
oh, yeah: :welcome:
Hell yeah! I’ll be honest, I haven’t read into the 1911 that much. Been more focused on CC hand guns, but the legend of the 1911 has not been absent! There is only so much time in a day, but I’ll take a peek and try to hold myself back... for a little while, lol.

Been eyeing the elder scrolls too, just scared to get wrapped up in another MMO ish game. Spent years playing WoW and SWTOR. Loved them, made life long friends, but damn... time!!!

Nice to meet ya! Thanks for the “hello”!

the 1911 is very much old-school. try before you buy, it doesn't suit everyone.
i've done fallout 1 and 2 and enjoyed them, but keep coming back to the elder scrolls, morrowind and oblivion especially. all single-player. i guess you could say they're old-school too.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Welcome!

Lurker and Kronk are both correct about the 1911. It is old technology, but so are other milsurps and so are revolvers. But you must try one for yourself before you buy another plastic gun! :D

Some people don't like the 1911 or 45 ACP, but that's OK. Some people like Mike Pence, too. (I'm kidding! No one actually likes Pence.)

I traded for my first 1911 to see if I would like it. I instantly loved it and became a 1911 and P220 fan.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:31 pm Welcome!

Lurker and Kronk are both correct about the 1911. It is old technology, but so are other milsurps and so are revolvers. But you must try one for yourself before you buy another plastic gun! :D

Some people don't like the 1911 or 45 ACP, but that's OK. Some people like Mike Pence, too. (I'm kidding! No one actually likes Pence.)

I traded for my first 1911 to see if I would like it. I instantly loved it and became a 1911 and P220 fan.
Hahaha! We (Hoosiers leaning left) were so happy when Pence announced he and trump were running for president, happy to have him out of Indiana government. No one thought they’d win. What a nightmare.

I’m really looking forward to getting myself a P220 10mm. I’ve got some finances to take care of before I can do such, but hoping by the end of summer or maybe Christmas time one will find its way into my hands. Been ogling them for a few months now. 👍
To learn, you must be willing to challenge what you currently hold to be true. :crazy: