I blame You! Buy both, you said...

Why do I even try? I wanted to have an educated discussion on which to buy. There were several comments made for each, but there was that one that stood out, "Dare I suggest you buy both?" Now you are going to have to explain to the wife why the safe is a a little fuller than it was yesterday.
20200217_161922.jpg
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

Re: I blame You! Buy both, you said...

That Rhino is awesome! In 9mm Luger, too! Is that grip one of their options?
I am really looking forward to hearing how it shoots and how it holds up!

The only gun left I'm still trying to talk myself into /out of, is a 9mm revolver. There are 5 that ALL catch my eye:
Chiappa, at least 5+ inches
Ruger convertible Black Hawk
S&W 547 preferably the 4"--hard to find as they haven't been made in years.
S&W Performance Center 929 8 rounds
Ruger's brand-new 9mm GP100 Custom Shop Competition, with 8 rounds
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

bajajoaquin wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:43 pm
shinzen wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:35 pm Sweet. I see the enabling is alive and well. Bank accounts suffer, safes overflow.
"I wish I had bought a smaller safe."
-No one
I used to tell prospective pool owner that...nobody EVER wished they bought a smaller pool!
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

FlyGuy wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:38 pm Why do I even try? I wanted to have an educated discussion on which to buy. There were several comments made for each, but there was that one that stood out, "Dare I suggest you buy both?" Now you are going to have to explain to the wife why the safe is a a little fuller than it was yesterday.
20200217_161922.jpg
I didn't know Chiappa came in 9mm, too.

Let us know about the trigger (squishy? awesome?) and how easy it is to clean and take down. I really want to try one of those some day, but I don't know if the cost is worth it.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thanks for the continued enabling. These are both awesome pieces.

The Chiappa trigger is even lighter then the normal DA/SA (I also own a 50DS in .357). The grips are after market and are perfect for my large hands. I whole heatedly recommend these for anybody that is annoyed with wrapping the little finger under the grip. Just search for Chiappa Hogue Walnut Grip. This is my first 9mm revolver and was interested how that works. I was pleasantly surprised that it functioned fine without the use of moon clips. With only just a little jiggle, all the casings fell out. Each time I would unload, maybe 1 needed a little nudge. However, I find this the case even with unloading any of my other rimmed cartridges using the plunger. As for shooting, smooth recoil. I really enjoy the design of the Rhino firing from the bottom cylinder. You will have to believe me about the grouping because I forgot to take pictures, but the thing is accurate at 10 yards I was testing it. Generally a 2" group with the occasionally one or two flyers out to 3"-4", but that is all me and getting used to the trigger.

I was not expecting to purchase the CZ -97-BD that day, so I did not have any ammo for the range. I will follow up with a range report on that. I can tell you I fell in love with the size. That was a selling point I was anticipating. The trigger is your standard CZ trigger. I will dig through the archives and see if anybody has recommendations for trigger job parts.

FlyGuy wrote:Thanks for the continued enabling. These are both awesome pieces.

The Chiappa trigger is even lighter then the normal DA/SA (I also own a 50DS in .357). The grips are after market and are perfect for my large hands. I whole heatedly recommend these for anybody that is annoyed with wrapping the little finger under the grip. Just search for Chiappa Hogue Walnut Grip. This is my first 9mm revolver and was interested how that works. I was pleasantly surprised that it functioned fine without the use of moon clips. With only just a little jiggle, all the casings fell out. Each time I would unload, maybe 1 needed a little nudge. However, I find this the case even with unloading any of my other rimmed cartridges using the plunger. As for shooting, smooth recoil. I really enjoy the design of the Rhino firing from the bottom cylinder. You will have to believe me about the grouping because I forgot to take pictures, but the thing is accurate at 10 yards I was testing it. Generally a 2" group with the occasionally one or two flyers out to 3"-4", but that is all me and getting used to the trigger.

I was not expecting to purchase the CZ -97-BD that day, so I did not have any ammo for the range. I will follow up with a range report on that. I can tell you I fell in love with the size. That was a selling point I was anticipating. The trigger is your standard CZ trigger. I will dig through the archives and see if anybody has recommendations for trigger job parts.
Cajun Gun Works for all your CZ tuning needs. They'll do it in house or you can just buy the parts if you're handy and don't mind investing a little elbow grease and screaming internally once or twice.

FlyGuy wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:28 am Thanks for the continued enabling. These are both awesome pieces.

No moon clips? I like that! Is that true of all the Chiappas, or just the Rhinos? A local range had a Chiappa revolver for rental but they said it required so much maintenance they simply took it down. I hope they've improved since then, and yours sound like a gem. Fans of "The Expanse" noticed that the handgun Miller takes off a thug in the shoot-out in The Blue Falcon is...a Chiappa.

Yeah, I'm a big "The Expanse" Fan. Looking forward to season five.

I wonder what maintenance your local range was referring to? Speaking with my local gunsmith, he only mentions having to replace cranes. People don't understand that flipping the cylinder shut it BAD! I know there is a ton of trigger springs. IDK, I've had my .357 for a couple of years now, not a single issue. Everyone what to shoot it, so it comes out often. I have a feeling this 9mm will get out often as well.

I have been thumbing through Cajun Gun works. exciting stuff!

FlyGuy wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:19 am Yeah, I'm a big "The Expanse" Fan. Looking forward to season five.

I wonder what maintenance your local range was referring to? Speaking with my local gunsmith, he only mentions having to replace cranes. People don't understand that flipping the cylinder shut it BAD! I know there is a ton of trigger springs. IDK, I've had my .357 for a couple of years now, not a single issue. Everyone what to shoot it, so it comes out often. I have a feeling this 9mm will get out often as well.

I have been thumbing through Cajun Gun works. exciting stuff!
I don't know--I didn't get a chance to shoot it. I can't HELP but like the looks...and since I have a .357 Ruger 1771 revolver, a 9mm would be a good pairing. There have been bills introduced in Trenton to basically ban ALL semi-auto guns, that died and went nowhere, but you never know.

I am infamous in my family for getting bored by 99.99% of TV shows--sometimes can't make it past 10 or 15 minutes. Even highly rated shows like "Sherlock" lost me by the 3rd episode. I just get bored or turned off, rapidly, sometimes within 10-15 minutes.

But "The Expanse" is simply my favorite, although I really enjoyed the tongue-in-cheek "Good Omens". GoT's last season was so inexcusably awful that I can't even THINK about watching any of the entire thing, ever again.