New Member in Cincy

Hey everyone! I just got my first pistol and was wondering if there were any alternatives to the NRA and found this place that seems like it may be more in line with what I'm looking for!

A little background: I'm a web developer in Cincinnati, moved here a few years ago but am originally from NW Ohio, really rural so I grew up with guns and hunting, so mostly just rifles for fun and shotguns. I absolutely love shooting clay pigeons (We do that sometimes when I visit home) and going to the range with my pistol.

I shoot a Canik Tp9sfx and absolutely love it. Right now it's got a Venom Vortex red dot on it but I'm looking at modifying it more. It's really just for fun, not home defense or CCW or anything like that.

Does the Liberal Gun Club do local meetups or anything like that?

Re: New Member in Cincy

Welcome! We do have local events across the country, but no chapter has formed yet in your area. We have enough local paid members to form one, but nobody has stepped up quite yet.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Greetings BrownBob,
I live in Lexington, just an hour or so down the road from you. Maybe we could go shooting sometime!!!!
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

brownbob06 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:06 pm Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Shinzen, what would be required for someone to step up and form a local chapter? Or even if it would be possible for one person to just organize a meetup with local members?
Yes, you can do that. I joined in November and we don't have a chapter where I live. I'm trying to build one right now. I've been putting on Meet and Shoot's at a local range. We're doing another one next week. My plan is just to keep putting them on until more and more people show up.

Brownbob, admin can send out a message to everyone in a zip code range for say, 100 miles around Cincy. I have been trying to keep a list of people in Kentucky. I would be happy to work with you on this.

After you have made 10 posts (I think it's 10) you can use the private message feature of the forum.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Welcome aboard! Welcome from the west of San Antonio, TX.

It's like Old Home Week. I used to live in Cinci, and still have friends there. Still order Skyline chili every so often. My dad taught at the UC Law School and I went to my first year of college at UC.

And to Hiker, I finally graduated from UK in 1981. Started my career in Lexington. My Mom still lives in Danville and one of my sisters lives in Georgetown. Dad's last office that he occupied at the time of his death was literally above the Guv'ner's office (John Y. Brown, Jr. at the time) in the Capitol building. Small world!

I was talking to my sister awhile back and was joking about Texas gun culture out here in these small Texas oilfield towns (I often carry openly) and she said that more and more people in Kentucky are carrying openly too. Times change.

Once again, enjoy your time here.