Bill Barr installs outside prosecutor for ‘highly unusual’ review of Michael Flynn case

More BS He’s got to make points with the Orange Boss after his remarks about Trump’s tweets.
Attorney General Bill Barr has assigned an outside prosecutor to conduct a review of the criminal case against former Trump national security adviser Micheal Flynn.

The New York Times reports that this review is “highly unusual” and comes at a time when Barr has already intervened to reduce the recommended sentencing for longtime Trump ally Roger Stone.

“The intervention has contributed a turbulent period for the prosecutors’ office that oversees the seat of the federal government and some of the most politically sensitive investigations and cases — some involving President Trump’s friends and allies, and some his critics and adversaries,” the Times reports.

Flynn in 2017 pleaded guilty to lying to FBI officials about the nature of his contacts with then-Russian ambassador to the United States Sergey Kislyak.
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/bill- ... -case-nyt/

Got to do the kiss ass suck up to keep his job.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Bill Barr installs outside prosecutor for ‘highly unusual’ review of Michael Flynn case

Trump and Barr better hope Bloomberg doesn't become POTUS. Most of the Dems would let sleeping dogs lie. I don't know if Bloomberg would. For the record, it wouldn't break my heart if the next POTUS investigated the previous administration.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Re: Bill Barr installs outside prosecutor for ‘highly unusual’ review of Michael Flynn case

K9s wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:46 pm Trump and Barr better hope Bloomberg doesn't become POTUS. Most of the Dems would let sleeping dogs lie. I don't know if Bloomberg would. For the record, it wouldn't break my heart if the next POTUS investigated the previous administration.
You're kidding, right??? Under no circumstances will the turd go quietly into the night, will not STFU and will foment as much shit as he possibly can to disrupt the next president and nation in the event he loses in Nov. Talk about quid pro quo - just last night I was musing about turd losing and expect from Nov. to Jan. 2021 if he doesn't completely destroy the nation he will be bargaining for a pardon of all his friends, his family, his associates criminality or he will cause so much damage in the interim we'll succumb to his demands. This will not end well. Nor will it if he wins in November. The next president best be prepared, whether 2021 or 2024 to take this POS and all he represents and those that condoned his actions to the wall with investigations and indictments and prison for all the SOBs. If this scumbag isn't soundly defeated (no eke by) in 2020 it will be even worse than I predict.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:17 am
K9s wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:46 pm Trump and Barr better hope Bloomberg doesn't become POTUS. Most of the Dems would let sleeping dogs lie. I don't know if Bloomberg would. For the record, it wouldn't break my heart if the next POTUS investigated the previous administration.
You're kidding, right??? Under no circumstances will the turd go quietly into the night, will not STFU and will foment as much shit as he possibly can to disrupt the next president and nation in the event he loses in Nov. Talk about quid pro quo - just last night I was musing about turd losing and expect from Nov. to Jan. 2021 if he doesn't completely destroy the nation he will be bargaining for a pardon of all his friends, his family, his associates criminality or he will cause so much damage in the interim we'll succumb to his demands. This will not end well. Nor will it if he wins in November. The next president best be prepared, whether 2021 or 2024 to take this POS and all he represents and those that condoned his actions to the wall with investigations and indictments and prison for all the SOBs. If this scumbag isn't soundly defeated (no eke by) in 2020 it will be even worse than I predict.
I had to re-read that to understand your point. :)

I have a feeling that some candidates would *wink* *wink* and promise not to investigate. I don't trust many of them to reverse corruption much, either.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Not outside of US DOJ, they are prosecutors outside of DOJ headquarters in DC.
Mr. Barr has also installed a handful of outside prosecutors to broadly review the handling of other politically sensitive national-security cases in the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington, the people said. The team includes at least one prosecutor from the office of the United States attorney in St. Louis, Jeff Jensen, who is handling the Flynn matter, as well as prosecutors from the office of the deputy attorney general, Jeffrey A. Rosen.

Over the past two weeks, the outside prosecutors have begun grilling line prosecutors in the Washington office about various cases — some public, some not — including investigative steps, prosecutorial actions and why they took them, according to the people. They spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the sensitive internal deliberations.
They are part of a broader turmoil in that office coinciding with Mr. Barr’s recent installation of a close aide, Timothy Shea, as interim United States attorney in the District of Columbia, after Mr. Barr maneuvered out the Senate-confirmed former top prosecutor in the office, Jessie K. Liu.
President Trump had nominated Ms. Liu for a top Treasury Department position in December, and she initially told her colleagues that she would stay on until her confirmation. But Mr. Barr then asked her to leave early, and she was given a temporary role at the Treasury Department, clearing the way for him to install Mr. Shea in her place.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/14/us/p ... -barr.html

Barr can assure Trump that he is in control.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan