Re: New to the Safe in 2020!

kronkmusic wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:37 am Ah okay. Does anyone make trigger mods for the bullpup? If not I'd think somebody would soon, it's such a convenient package for home defense. Screw a can on that beast and it's about as good as it gets.
I don't think so, they just now got released. I originally tried with my lightened trigger and the problem was that the reset spring wasn't strong enough to push the trigger bar back into place (it's light but still a lot more mass than in the non-bullpup). I didn't try keeping the lighter trigger spring and the heavy reset spring, and its such a pain in the ass to do the trigger job I probably won't unless someone comes out with one specifically for the bullpup.

Mine has a 6" can on it, plus its SBR'd so its about as short as it can get, around one corgi long by my estimates (about 16-18" I think)

offensivename wrote:
kronkmusic wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:37 am Ah okay. Does anyone make trigger mods for the bullpup? If not I'd think somebody would soon, it's such a convenient package for home defense. Screw a can on that beast and it's about as good as it gets.
I don't think so, they just now got released. I originally tried with my lightened trigger and the problem was that the reset spring wasn't strong enough to push the trigger bar back into place (it's light but still a lot more mass than in the non-bullpup). I didn't try keeping the lighter trigger spring and the heavy reset spring, and its such a pain in the ass to do the trigger job I probably won't unless someone comes out with one specifically for the bullpup.

Mine has a 6" can on it, plus its SBR'd so its about as short as it can get, around one corgi long by my estimates (about 16-18" I think)
Damn son! Yeah that's about as sweet as it gets. Who cares if the trigger isn't "match"? The burglar certainly won't. And if it's like the stock Scorpion trigger it really isn't bad at all to begin with.

Posted elsewhere but figured I'd contribute to the thread. I added a couple new pieces of furniture like a Magpul MIAD grip and foregrip and a Raptor LT charging handle. This handle is so much better than the mil-spec, I'll never do another mil-spec charging handle again, no more scraping my fingers across the castle nut just to charge the damn thing.

I also polished up some trigger components and it made a world of difference in the pull. Not really any lighter, but much smoother, all the grit is completely gone. Just some Flitz, a Dremel, and some small impregnated buffers, took about 15 minutes.

And now I think I'm finally done with this build. Hah!

Picked up 3 new rifles from an online auction last month. The first is a nice 1942 Carcano 91/38 Cavalry Carbine from the Gardone VT armory in 6.5x52. It's in pretty decent shape. The bolt pull is rough but from my understanding thats just because it's a fine piece of Italian engineering.
IMG_20200204_224540.jpg
The other two are a pair of Arisakas.
IMG_20200204_225004.jpg
The longer one is a Type 38 in 6.5, its in reallly rough shape. Has some bad pitting and the barrel, while it has rifling also looks like it has had some rust. I bought this without drinking my coffee first, it would probably fire fine and not explode but I doubt it would hit anything so this might just be a wall hanger. Lesson here is to make sure you get a good look at any pictures before you bid so you know what you're getting into. The cool thing is that this was probably a bring back from some GI as it still has the imperial chrysanthemum intact.

The shorter one is a Type 99 in 7.7. This one I accidentally bought when I was watching bids on my phone and trying to switch apps. Be careful folks, at least this was a <$200 Arisaka and not a $2k Colt SAA. This one at least is in good shape, the bore looks fine and everything else is mechanically sound. This one I'll hunt down some ammo for and shoot.

offensivename wrote:Picked up 3 new rifles from an online auction last month. The first is a nice 1942 Carcano 91/38 Cavalry Carbine from the Gardone VT armory in 6.5x52. It's in pretty decent shape. The bolt pull is rough but from my understanding thats just because it's a fine piece of Italian engineering.
IMG_20200204_224540.jpg
The other two are a pair of Arisakas.
IMG_20200204_225004.jpg
The longer one is a Type 38 in 6.5, its in reallly rough shape. Has some bad pitting and the barrel, while it has rifling also looks like it has had some rust. I bought this without drinking my coffee first, it would probably fire fine and not explode but I doubt it would hit anything so this might just be a wall hanger. Lesson here is to make sure you get a good look at any pictures before you bid so you know what you're getting into. The cool thing is that this was probably a bring back from some GI as it still has the imperial chrysanthemum intact.

The shorter one is a Type 99 in 7.7. This one I accidentally bought when I was watching bids on my phone and trying to switch apps. Be careful folks, at least this was a <$200 Arisaka and not a $2k Colt SAA. This one at least is in good shape, the bore looks fine and everything else is mechanically sound. This one I'll hunt down some ammo for and shoot.
Nice finds ON! And yeah, bought it "accidentally", my wife totally buys that excuse every time I use it too...

Got to the range with my new AR for the first time today. Standing 5 shots in the small squares and 10 in the big, 75ft, Wolf Gold 55gr out of an 18" rifle length 223 Wylde. Couple of flyers but overall very happy with the performance so far.

I love my Henry 357 steel I also have he 44 mag in brass it is almost to pretty to shoot. I said almost :D
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

ThereAreDozensOfUs wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:34 pm Picked up the Henry .357 steel lever action on Saturday and got it to the range Sunday.

I forgot to get a pic of the target. But the buckhorn sights we're okay for my bad eyes out to 25 years. Didn't push it it any further. It was too cold out here in MI.

You had to wait 25 years? WOW!!! (yes, I know it's yards, but it's been a long day).

How is the front tube loading? In videos I've seen (like Hickok45) it seems quite a bit easier than my side-loading Marlin.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote:
ThereAreDozensOfUs wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:34 pm Picked up the Henry .357 steel lever action on Saturday and got it to the range Sunday.

I forgot to get a pic of the target. But the buckhorn sights we're okay for my bad eyes out to 25 years. Didn't push it it any further. It was too cold out here in MI.

You had to wait 25 years? WOW!!! (yes, I know it's yards, but it's been a long day).

How is the front tube loading? In videos I've seen (like Hickok45) it seems quite a bit easier than my side-loading Marlin.
Lol. I really should proof read

Honestly, not bad at all. It's a little strange, but I had pretty heavy gloves on and was able to load without much trouble.

wooglin wrote:

Sweet. Better not have been the one at my lgs. :)
Ha. I got mine from TSS Warehouse online. So if someone nabs the one you're after, you can check them out. Best price I found.

senorgrand wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:53 pm I'll have two new ones in the safe tomorrow...Ruger American Ranch in 7.62x39 and a S&W pistol. My first "real" bolt action and my first wonder 9.
The Ruger American Ranch in 7.62x39 actually looks interesting. I look forward to your review.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim