Re: Lets talk some games

A screen shot I made in Star Citizen last night. This is the game's first capital ship - the Origin 890 Jump luxury yacht. I was climbing out of the atmosphere and noticed that everything was lined up perfectly just by chance, so I grabbed the shot.

106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

I installed Outer Worlds last weekend. I think I'm about 15 hours in so far. I'm enjoying it, but also up to a point where I have a lot of side quests on my todo list.

Also playing a lot of Fallout 76, and I think I have finished exactly 0 of the single-player RPGs I have, lol. (Dragon Age Origins/2/Inquisition, Skyrim, Fallout 3/New Vegas/4) I side quest and wander too much!

Anyone play Home Free? Play as a stray dog in a sprawling, randomly-generated city and beg, fight and forage your way to a tolerable life.

It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:08 pm Anyone play Home Free? Play as a stray dog in a sprawling, randomly-generated city and beg, fight and forage your way to a tolerable life.

Ha...looks fun.

There's a new xbox title coming out that sounds like an excellent ripoff of Honey I Shrunk the Kids.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

senorgrand wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:04 pm I'm about 8 hours in. Pretty good thus far. I like the universe.

BTW, you should finish New Vegas. Great game...finished it three times.
I restarted New Vegas recently, as my first try I think I wandered too far south and ended up in Ghoul territory with only a pistol or something.

Fallout 3 I ran into a lot of crashing every 5 minutes after a while, but not sure if that was from having modded it. I definitely had an add-interiors-to-buildings mod, a more verdant landscape mod, and probably a lock picking bypass sort of thing.

I want to play Outer Worlds and B3 but I just don't cotton to Epic's exclusive bullshit. I am playing through Fallout4 again. And I have a bitchin' couple of scenario planned for my table top group.

New Vegas is great but it is VERY linear. Do not stray from the path you are directed to follow until you have actually made it to Vegas. By then you have enough umph to either stand up to or evade most things. DO NOT kill Caeser's men before you make it to New Vegas. He puts a bounty on you and you get hunted down by ridiculously over powered legion troops.
Never smile too big, the gods may mistake it for hubris.

I've got about 15 hours in The Outer Worlds, and want to get back to it, but the past couple of weeks I've been so busy with moving and the aftermath that I have not been able to play it.
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

SpaceRanger42 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:30 pm I want to play Outer Worlds and B3 but I just don't cotton to Epic's exclusive bullshit. I am playing through Fallout4 again. And I have a bitchin' couple of scenario planned for my table top group.

New Vegas is great but it is VERY linear. Do not stray from the path you are directed to follow until you have actually made it to Vegas. By then you have enough umph to either stand up to or evade most things. DO NOT kill Caeser's men before you make it to New Vegas. He puts a bounty on you and you get hunted down by ridiculously over powered legion troops.
It's not that bad. You're given chance to call a truce with the Legion once you get to vegas.

Eris wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:53 am I've got about 15 hours in The Outer Worlds, and want to get back to it, but the past couple of weeks I've been so busy with moving and the aftermath that I have not been able to play it.
I spent about 12 hours on it this weekend. Stealth/dialogue build works well.

senorgrand wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:56 am
Eris wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:53 am I've got about 15 hours in The Outer Worlds, and want to get back to it, but the past couple of weeks I've been so busy with moving and the aftermath that I have not been able to play it.
I spent about 12 hours on it this weekend. Stealth/dialogue build works well.
That's similar to my build. I'm tech/dialog with stealth as the third.
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

It's not that bad. You're given chance to call a truce with the Legion once you get to vegas.
keeerect! though if I manage to lay hands on an anti mat rifle by then I generally just take out the legion camp. I don't like any of the legion story lines enough to play through them :)
I might play through NV again when I get bored of FO4. I have been feeling the urge to wander through the Big MT again.

ok, i just "finished" morrowind again, head of the temple, cult, mages, fighters. level 50-something, all my stats except luck at 100, at the point in the main quest where i go see the ashlander camps. tedious. i do have keening and sunder parked in AldRuhn. so i went to see dagoth ur in his citadel, saved and plunked him with my little daedric bow, and he retreats into the inner chamber where he becomes essentially invulnerable. normal weapons, fire, frost, shock, nothing touches him. but i have my constant effect levitate ring on, and can fly around at will and eventually he slips off the ledge and falls into the lava, which of course does no damage, but he cant get back up to the ledge.. i have to leave to get the tools but teleportation magic doesn't work here. neither of us can get out, trapped here for all eternity. swan dive into the lava.

ok, so quit, and google "Morrowind main quest". keening doesn't automatically kill you, just does massive damage. damage can be dealt with. i'll be back, ur. we have an appointment.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

I just played through Bio Shock Infinite again, I forgot how truly screwed up some aspects of that game are. Then I realized I hadn't played some of the DLC, Burial at Sea. Just as screwed up an ending on both chapters. Now I feel like I need to watch a Marx Bros movie just to get the melancholy irony out of my head.

COD bug bit me again. As much as Modern Warfare just feels broken I can't stop playing. When its firing on all cylinders its the stupid arcadey pew pew man shooter I've always wanted the series to be. Also hooked on Mechwarrior 5 for stompy stompy action. In fact if I didn't have to write this damned paper I'd be playing it right now. Just threw an LB 10-x on a Hunchback (hunch life!) and am happily massacring light mechs with it. I was playing a bunch of Escape from Tarkov (the gun modding is so so good), but it makes my blood pressure too high so I had to move on to something less stressful. I'll pick up the outerworlds when it goes on sale one of these days.

GravyBoat wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:00 pm COD bug bit me again. As much as Modern Warfare just feels broken I can't stop playing. When its firing on all cylinders its the stupid arcadey pew pew man shooter I've always wanted the series to be. Also hooked on Mechwarrior 5 for stompy stompy action. In fact if I didn't have to write this damned paper I'd be playing it right now. Just threw an LB 10-x on a Hunchback (hunch life!) and am happily massacring light mechs with it. I was playing a bunch of Escape from Tarkov (the gun modding is so so good), but it makes my blood pressure too high so I had to move on to something less stressful. I'll pick up the outerworlds when it goes on sale one of these days.
It's funny because I gave up Modern Warfare for the exact reason you did Tarkov: stressful. Became a chore playing "spot the enemy" amidst clouds of ambient dust and drab environments, even though the gunplay was great. Only made it to about tier 50 on the Battlepass but until they really make some changes to the game I'm probably out for good.

For action movie fans, Galaxy of Games recently re-released "John Woo's Stranglehold" on their platform for a mere $10; it's meant to be a sequel of sorts to Hard Boiled, and Chow Yun-Fat does some decent-ish VA work (in English, no less), but the story is really just a (probably unintentional) throwback to cheesy 80s-early 90s "loose-cannon cop" films. There's a point about halfway through the game where you just wreck the bajeezus out of an archeological museum and the worst reprimand Inspector Tequila gets from his commander is literally just along the lines of "Oooh detective you've really done it now!".

Still a great arcade-y third-person shooter in the vein of Max Payne (natch) with destructible environments, kind of an unsung gem of the seventh generation of consoles. I remember eons ago it getting a 4... out of 5 from Adam Sessler on X-Play and really wanting to play it, but not having the funds and being slightly too young for Mature games.

Store page: https://www.gog.com/game/stranglehold

I picked up Metro: Exodus because I had a coupon on the epic game store, would not have paid full price for it but it's fun enough. I'm contemplating border lands 3 because I need some loot-shooter action. I have destiny 2, GR: Breakpoint and Div 2 but they just aren't doing it for me. I need that reward cycle loot with my pew pews.