Hello from Tacoma WA

Greetings, new here. I've been an off and on gun owner for most of my life but as a Progressive I don't really fit in with the NRA crowd. I have recently purchased my first new gun in decades for self defense, since our beloved Doberman passed away I felt I should probably have something else in the house with a bark.

Re: Hello from Tacoma WA

Welcome from Lexington KY
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

RussellB wrote:Thanks everyone for the welcoming words. I just purchased a M&P Shield 45 with the laser sight, got a smoking deal on it. Funny the last two 45s I shot were a 45 Webley revolver and 45-70 rifle.
Is it first generation or the MP 2? I own a MP 2 9mm compact. 4 in barrel, 15 round mag. I absolutely love it. Was thinking of getting the 45 version but was curious about the shield 45. Let me/us know how it shoots. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RussellB wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:10 pm Thanks everyone for the welcoming words. I just purchased a M&P Shield 45 with the laser sight, got a smoking deal on it. Funny the last two 45s I shot were a 45 Webley revolver and 45-70 rifle.
cool! i own a trapdoor in 45/70, and have handled but not shot a webley. big handgun.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Howdy from Ballard! I didn't even know there was a Shield .45 now. Interesting. I've been paying little attention to the market for the last couple of years. I'll have to look up the dimensions...

Almost any kind of dog as an early warning device is probably at least as valuable as a .45. i've never had a dog since teenage years, but I'm getting more and more tempted to get one again.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

lurker wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:40 pm
RussellB wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:10 pm Thanks everyone for the welcoming words. I just purchased a M&P Shield 45 with the laser sight, got a smoking deal on it. Funny the last two 45s I shot were a 45 Webley revolver and 45-70 rifle.
cool! i own a trapdoor in 45/70, and have handled but not shot a webley. big handgun.
The Webley is a really fun gun to shoot with the top break and half moon clips. To get the most out of the experience I recommend wearing a pith helmet. :D

RussellB wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:52 am
lurker wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:40 pm
The Webley is a really fun gun to shoot with the top break and half moon clips. To get the most out of the experience I recommend wearing a pith helmet. :D
i'll do that, thanks!
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Buck13 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:39 am Howdy from Ballard! I didn't even know there was a Shield .45 now. Interesting. I've been paying little attention to the market for the last couple of years. I'll have to look up the dimensions...

Almost any kind of dog as an early warning device is probably at least as valuable as a .45. i've never had a dog since teenage years, but I'm getting more and more tempted to get one again.
I miss our Dobie, at 86 pounds she defiantly got people's attention. As for size of the 45 M&P, it's not that much bigger than the 9. I have the hands of a twelve year old girl so the single stacked clip is a good fit.

Mandaliberal wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:19 pm
RussellB wrote:Thanks everyone for the welcoming words. I just purchased a M&P Shield 45 with the laser sight, got a smoking deal on it. Funny the last two 45s I shot were a 45 Webley revolver and 45-70 rifle.
Is it first generation or the MP 2? I own a MP 2 9mm compact. 4 in barrel, 15 round mag. I absolutely love it. Was thinking of getting the 45 version but was curious about the shield 45. Let me/us know how it shoots. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here is the link https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/a ... laserguard

The specs say it is the M&P 2.0 but it looks like mine is an older version with a bolt-on laser accessory The latest version looks like it uses a laser that is more integrated into the frame.