Hello from Spring, TX!

Hi, all. I have a bit of shooting experience from when I was younger, but I'm looking to get back into it. I'd consider myself a novice and want to start with a fresh perspective as an adult, so I look forward to meeting people around the area that are responsible and friendly.

I'm near the intersection of Kuykendahl and Spring Cypress if anyone knows the area.

Re: Hello from Spring, TX!

lurker wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:30 pm
senorgrand wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:57 pm Spring has sprung early ...whatcha shoot?
is that how you coastal cali guys are? barely a week into winter and talkin' like it's spring? that's not gonna make you popular around these parts.
Thanks to climate change, it's been near 70 degrees here since winter started. It should be a whole lot colder.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Welcome! You just missed our Houston area shoot meet. We have an active chapter and regional chapters in Texas. Consider becoming a member. Also we have a members page on Facebook. Welcome again. There’s a few members right in your area.

I know the area fairly well. Our office has done work for the Klein school district.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

senorgrand wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:57 pm Spring has sprung early ...whatcha shoot?
Right now it's just my neighbor's Beretta 9mm and Sig .380. I don't recall the exact models, but I'm not ecstatic about either one. I'm planning to spend some time renting other pistols from a range near my house to find something that I want to own.

Some models I'm interested in trying out are the PX4 Storm, CZ 75, Glock 17/19, Taurus G2c, Sig Sauer P320, and some 9mm 1911 variants, but who knows what I'll end up with. =)

sikacz wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:19 am Welcome! You just missed our Houston area shoot meet. We have an active chapter and regional chapters in Texas. Consider becoming a member. Also we have a members page on Facebook. Welcome again. There’s a few members right in your area.

I know the area fairly well. Our office has done work for the Klein school district.
I activated a base membership around the time of my first post, but it doesn't look like it's carried over to the forums yet. I just applied for membership to the LGC-TX group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lgctx/

That's great to hear that there are members close by. Hopefully I will be able to make the next meetup!

soydeedo wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:21 pm
sikacz wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:19 am Welcome! You just missed our Houston area shoot meet. We have an active chapter and regional chapters in Texas. Consider becoming a member. Also we have a members page on Facebook. Welcome again. There’s a few members right in your area.

I activated a base membership around the time of my first post, but it doesn't look like it's carried over to the forums yet. I just applied for membership to the LGC-TX group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lgctx/

That's great to hear that there are members close by. Hopefully I will be able to make the next meetup!
Send me or one of the other moderators a PM with your LGC membership number to get access to the members only sections.

Also, Top Gun Range has a good selection of rental guns to choose from. I've had a membership there for a couple of years now.

https://www.topgunrange.com/
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

welcome from Lexington KY
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

soydeedo wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:21 pm

Check your membership number and resend in a request. If you’re not showing up in the membership list contact the forum admin.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

soydeedo wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:16 pm
Right now it's just my neighbor's Beretta 9mm and Sig .380. I don't recall the exact models, but I'm not ecstatic about either one. I'm planning to spend some time renting other pistols from a range near my house to find something that I want to own.

Some models I'm interested in trying out are the PX4 Storm, CZ 75, Glock 17/19, Taurus G2c, Sig Sauer P320, and some 9mm 1911 variants, but who knows what I'll end up with. =)
That Taurus G3 also looks decent for a low price. It really depends on your preference. Check out a lot of the items in your list by holding them in your hands. Then rent, if you can. Get a sense of what you like and don't like before buying. Go slow.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

soydeedo wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:15 am Hi, all. I have a bit of shooting experience from when I was younger, but I'm looking to get back into it. I'd consider myself a novice and want to start with a fresh perspective as an adult, so I look forward to meeting people around the area that are responsible and friendly.
Download happy wheels 3D
I'm near the intersection of Kuykendahl and Spring Cypress if anyone knows the area.
Welcome from Michigan! :love: