7th Democratic candidates debate - January 14th in Iowa

To qualify, candidates need to reach 5 percent support in at least four national or early-state polls, or 7 percent support in at least two early-state polls, from qualifying polling organizations released between Nov. 14 and Jan. 10.1 But candidates must also have at least 225,000 unique donors, including at least 1,000 donors in at least 20 states or territories.2 Based on what we know, five candidates have already made the January stage.
The 5 are: Biden, Sanders, Warren, Buttigieg and Klobuchar. Bloomberg has met in polling but he's self funding. Yang and Booker met in donors but not polls.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/fi ... t-make-it/
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: 7th Democratic candidates debate - January 14th in Iowa

The debate tomorrow night at Drake University in Des Moines, IA starting at 6 pm PST/9 pm EST. CNN and De Moines Register will host.

To qualify:
Candidates will have to get at least 5 percent support in four DNC-approved national polls or 7 percent support in two early primary voting state polls, and they must have at least 225,000 donors.
And the candidates:
At the moment, it appears that former Vice President Joe Biden, former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, and Sens. Amy Klobuchar, Bernie Sanders, and Elizabeth Warren, and billionaire activist Tom Steyer have all made the cut in both polling and donations.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... hment-2020
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

K9s wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:36 pm Biden and Sanders haven't really moved up or down in the past year. The media is trying to pretend this is exciting?
Yes in the average there is very little difference between Biden and Sanders. Buttigieg is no longer #1 in Iowa but he's ahead of Warren and elections are up to the ground game.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... html#polls

Same in the New Hampshire polling.

Dang. I was listening to this and the CNN questioner basically keeps asking the same two questions: "Senator Sanders, why do you hate America?" and to every other person "Candidate X, why is Senator Sanders wrong?"

I had to turn it off.

Other questioners asked some good foreign policy and trade questions. Some clear differences between candidates.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

lurker wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:42 pm
K9s wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:13 pm Dang. I was listening to this and the CNN questioner basically keeps asking the same two questions:
since i don't watch tv i don't really know, but i see enough reportage to suspect that CNN falls to the left of Fox, but not far. what's their slant? corporatism?
clintonism...they are reporting last cycle's election

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

lurker wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:42 pm
K9s wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:13 pm Dang. I was listening to this and the CNN questioner basically keeps asking the same two questions:
since i don't watch tv i don't really know, but i see enough reportage to suspect that CNN falls to the left of Fox, but not far. what's their slant? corporatism?
It's easy to find online and listen. That's what I did.

CNN has been trying to be the new moderate home for GOP and Dems. I have watched them move to the right after Fox went batsh*t white nationalist crazy. They are less right wing than Fox used to be but they have a lot of out-of-work never-Trumpers looking for a place to pretend to care about the country and get paid for punditry. They are owned by ATT, so there's that angle, too. The pundits/anchors make a whole lot of money there, so I guess they liked the GOP tax cuts and news rating under Trump?
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

I too watch the debates online, they're always available. When there is a Republican president, Fox is the TV channel running in the WH - when it's a Democrat, CNN is the channel running in the WH. CNN tries harder to offer a balance of opinions while Fox just seems to feed their right wing base.