Rear Monopod....anybody using one?

I have been precision shooting for about 2 years now and using a bean bag on the back and a bipod on the front for bench and prone shooting. Saw a guy using one of the Accu-Shot rear monopods and thought that might work out for me.

Anybody use such a beast and what is your impression?

Thanks in Advance!

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Re: Rear Monopod....anybody using one?

I've got one if you want it- half retail? I found it to be fine for mostly level shooting, but at my preferred range, the height variance going out to 800 that they have is problematic to adjust to. If you're mostly shooting somewhat level targets rather than up a hillside, it's a decent option. It's also nice not to have to carry a sandbag around. I have the one that attaches to a sling swivel, not the one that attaches to a rail.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

I need a rail mounted one but I do appreciate the offer/opportunity! :)

My rear bag is a TAB Gear large rear bag and it's really light being filled with plastic beads. Works great and it has a belt attachment so it's pretty easy. I'm just hoping for something more rigid...ordered on today so...if it dun't work out I guess I'll add it to the pile of cool stuff I have that just didn't quite pan out. :laugh:

VooDoo

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

offensivename wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:23 pm I have one on one of my rifles. I like it but I do think the one I have is a bit too tall, but thats my own fault for not returning it for the shorter version. I feel like sandbags work a bit nicer when I can get them adjusted just right, but I never seem to be able to and I hate carrying them.
You can do the unscrew and tilt thing to rest it on your hand instead. At Morro Bay that's what I did the year I took it there.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

shinzen wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:08 pm
VodoundaVinci wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:15 pm add it to the pile of cool stuff I have that just didn't quite pan out. :laugh:
Yep, exactly
Box full of holsters problem?

We all learn a lesson - expensive or cheap - mostly expensive. I am too embarrassed to list my cool but barely used items.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Yum. I got my Accu-Shot Monopod today and mounted it on my previously installed temporary rear/buttstock rail. Wow Wee!! :yahoo:

https://www.accu-shot.com/catalog_new/a ... -knob.html

At 40X and sighting a couple hundred yards out my back window the sight picture is rock solid - no more heart beats and bumping shifting around. The floating center dot just sits right where I want it, no BS. Can't wait to get this to the range. And I can gently twist the peg with my off hand and literally dial up or down fractions of an MOA and get exactly what I want.

I'll shoot a pix or two tomorrow but this has turned FrankenGun into an extremely precision hole punch.

VooDoo

Marlene wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:34 am I haven't shot much with one, but when I tried it I couldn't get it to not hop under recoil. Then again, I have a hard time figuring out how to keep a bipod from hopping under recoil too. Maybe I'm just made for bags.
Yes...exactly why I have mounted it temporarily on a temporary rear rail. The proof will be in the shooting and since I'm a sissy and the weather is cold, wet, snowy and windy that'll likely be late March or so. If it doesn't work out I'm not wanting holes drilled in my butt stock. I haven't had much hopping from recoil as I'm shooting on a mat (ground/prone or on a table) and I'm using a brake. Told you I'm a sissy.... :roflmao:

VooDoo