Re: For every criminal ammo purchase stopped, 600 legal gun owners are denied

Interesting how this hits the news after a deputy sheriff complains about not being able to buy ammo. Meanwhile:
Berg was one of tens of thousands of Californians who have been turned away from buying ammunition at firearms and sporting goods stores, even though they appear to be lawfully able to do so, a Sacramento Bee review of state data shows. Between July 1 and November, nearly one in every five ammunition purchases was rejected by the California Department of Justice, the figures show.

Of the 345,547 ammunition background checks performed, only 101 stopped the buyer because he or she was a “prohibited person” who can’t legally possess ammunition, according to state Department of Justice data.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

This particular law is total bullshit. The way it is implemented is total bullshit. Denial of one's rights on the state's failure to maintain adequate records on something they should not be keeping records on in the first place is total bullshit. Layer upon layer of infringement is total bullshit. I have passed a background check for each and every firearm I posses, purchased consistent with other infringement laws, now fuck off. Have I made my feelings clear?

From the SacBee article:
Gun-control advocates say the issues ammunition buyers are having are merely minor inconveniences that will get sorted out as the database is updated.

Ari Freilich, an attorney with the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, likened it to a traveler having to go through security at an airport. He said the system is already working as intended. He pointed to the 101 people who were legally forbidden from possessing ammunition being prohibited from buying it. He argues an unknown number of other dangerous people likely didn’t make the attempt, knowing they’d be caught breaking the law.

“Any one of those people, they were committing a serious crime trying to acquire a product designed to take human life,” Freilich said. “And they were stopped from doing so in that moment.”

featureless wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:17 pm This particular law is total bullshit. The way it is implemented is total bullshit. Denial of one's rights on the state's failure to maintain adequate records on something they should not be keeping records on in the first place is total bullshit. Layer upon layer of infringement is total bullshit. I have passed a background check for each and every firearm I posses, purchased consistent with other infringement laws, now fuck off. Have I made my feelings clear?
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and :hmmm: :laugh:
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan